X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

Definitely a chicken korma guy lol

I love Harry, but I don't think he's the best to ever play for us but he's for sure the best pro I've ever seen.

He reminds me of lamps a little in that regard. Not the flash naturally gifted types, just honed the fundamentals to a tee and have superior football brains.

I'll miss everything about him except his fuckin free kicks.
    Harry Redknapp talks about both similarly.

And yeah it is talent that got them most of the way but hard work made them elite.

Both got quicker as well as technically better and being able to strike balls well off their weaker foot. You kind of think why can't everyone try that? You play football everyday especially when you have that talent anyway.

Lampard could strike a ball cleanly 30 metres out on his 'weaker' left. A thing that never gets brought up with him really. Pure hard work and drilling. And drilling. And drilling.

People think you can't get quicker in football but you can. You run in spikes on heavy pitches and try to get more explosive over 5-10 yards which is all you need. Lampards old man did it when West Ham tried to sell him, Lampard himself did it. Harry Redknapp says he made Harry Kane do it and he bought in.

ian Wright says he would train using only his left foot for full days.

I never understand how footballers like Hakim Ziyech exist nowadays. Im not saying he isnt an elite in general terms footballer because look where he got to. But at Chelsea and in the premier league he was utterly found out. His right foot is not acceptable. I don't think this guy can have got much better at football probably since he was a teenager.

But seeing how far he got as a one legged footballer is wild.

Maybe he just isn't a boring c.unt like Lamps and Kane but he can't be a particularly humble or thoughtful human being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

Harry Redknapp talks about both similarly.

And yeah it is talent that got them most of the way but hard work made them elite.

Both got quicker as well as technically better and being able to strike balls well off their weaker foot. You kind of think why can't everyone try that? You play football everyday especially when you have that talent anyway.

Lampard could strike a ball cleanly 30 metres out on his 'weaker' left. A thing that never gets brought up with him really. Pure hard work and drilling. And drilling. And drilling.

People think you can't get quicker in football but you can. You run in spikes on heavy pitches and try to get more explosive over 5-10 yards which is all you need. Lampards old man did it when West Ham tried to sell him, Lampard himself did it. Harry Redknapp says he made Harry Kane do it and he bought in.

ian Wright says he would train using only his left foot for full days.

I never understand how footballers like Hakim Ziyech exist nowadays. Im not saying he isnt an elite in general terms footballer because look where he got to. But at Chelsea and in the premier league he was utterly found out. His right foot is not acceptable. I don't think this guy can have got much better at football probably since he was a teenager.

But seeing how far he got as a one legged footballer is wild.

Maybe he just isn't a boring c.unt like Lamps and Kane but he can't be a particularly humble or thoughtful human being.
      Yeah the drilling is definitely key.

Kane trained only using his left for for a whole year as a 19 year old I think he was.

I remember Jaimie Redknapp talking about when he was a kid, he went over to Frank's and Frank was pinging footballs thru a hanging tyre effortlessly. And Jaimie was a gifted passer but said he couldn't keep up with the younger Frank.

Same with Beckham. His dad used to make him kick balls religiously every night after school, hitting the same target, ball after ball. It doesn't sound fun but it's what it takes to get that world class technique.

I grew up thinking I just didn't have talent as a footballer but I was just lazy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

Yeah the drilling is definitely key.

Kane trained only using his left for for a whole year as a 19 year old I think he was.

I remember Jaimie Redknapp talking about when he was a kid, he went over to Frank's and Frank was pinging footballs thru a hanging tyre effortlessly. And Jaimie was a gifted passer but said he couldn't keep up with the younger Frank.

Same with Beckham. His dad used to make him kick balls religiously every night after school, hitting the same target, ball after ball. It doesn't sound fun but it's what it takes to get that world class technique.

I grew up thinking I just didn't have talent as a footballer but I was just lazy lol
        To be fair even at unders sunday level you'll get an absolute dork who will keep improving whilst others realise they aren't and never will be sh.it.

I was an average footballer at best but I do sort of think if I obsessed over it properly I'd probably have kept going for far longer at least. I've not played 11 a side since I was maybe 17. And then at that point if you keep going you are more than likely gonna end up at a very decent standard top amateur sides and what not.

I think that is true of basically anyone who can kick a ball straight when they are a kid and then played Sundays. Everyone has played with players that have played for semi professional clubs during 5 a side and it isn't that they are miles better more that they do everything that much quicker and are that much fitter.

It is when you come across a professional when you realise that they had a gift. Even the odd ones that just got into academy teams.
        BodiesInFlight BodiesInFlight likes this.

Comment

• Chelsea v Liverpool BTTS
          Barcelona to win

at 2.35 is a go.

Comment

• Chillwel with a goal to make it 2-1. Two qucik goals for Chelsea and the first leg of my parlay has hit.

Over to Barca now.

Comment

• Oh snap. The Chilwell goal was ruled out.

Comment

• Good performance by Chelsea.

Not sure either of Liverpool's or Chelsea's VAR ruled out goals were more offside than Rothan's for Spurs.

We need thicker lines. It still favours defenders.

That said as good as they were if Chelsea go 2 nothing down there they lose.

A midfield with Enzo and Caicedo and Conor further forward is gonna be so uncomfortable for the opposition to play against.

Imagine that vs Jorgi, Kova, and broken Kante.

Woof. I mean its cost a quarter of a billion ffs but Chelsea's midfield was so weak for so long bar the odd game when Kante turned back the clock.

Comment

• Manure had me worried.

Comment

• That's mad that that's not a penalty, lol.

If Man U were just a bit better they would challenge for the league because it is just them and Liverpool that might get a decision like that. Basically just gifted a goal.

I don't think is corruption but there is something about the media attention and support those clubs get that manifests in the odd crazy decisions/non-decisions.

I can't believe Chelsea got away with a handball against Liverpool. I didnt think it was a pen but usually Liverpool would get that.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-14-2023, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• I dunno if it's corruption either but they definitely favour the big boys. It can't really be disputed with the massive sample size you have over so many years.

Man U and Liverpool both bring in the most money and just so happen to be the two teams who benefit these dodgy decisions, year after year.
                      I'd even throw the gooners in there too, they get gifts aplenty.

I feel gutted for Wolves, they never stopped trying, but alas, they was at Old Trafford.
                      Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 08-14-2023, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X