This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say phenom was being sarcastic.

At the beginning of the season pundits were desperate to crown Matic the missing piece in the jigsaw as if they didn't see him play 200 plus times for Chelsea.

The man's alright. He was brilliant when he first joined Chelsea then found his level. Which is pretty good but all he top 6 would hope to have someone better than him in their starting XI for me.

Danny Drinkwater himself with his passing range is more useful than Matic against the bottom 14 teams.

Bakayoko does worry me though. Man can't pass at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Matic is alright.

The media were just desperate to call that a massive error.

Danny Drinkwater and Bakayoko is a massive upgrade on a Matic and a Chalobah who played 8 games.

City are just unbelievable this year or Chelsea would likely win the league. We do rely heavily on N'Golo Kante though.

Hazard...not really.
      I would disagree on that one.

I feel that Hazard is to the attack, as Kante is to the defense.

I wouldn't take the Stoke game (I missed it btw) as a measure of Chelsea without Hazard. We are truly uninspiring in the attack against actually good sides when Hazard is out of the line up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
        The Egyptian Messi scores again
        He's **** hot at the moment tbf. Looks a proper player.

Another player Chelsea hastily got rid of.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Why do you think that? He's slow and was disillusioned at Chelsea. I don't see any positives that he could have brung to Chelsea outside of being injury depth.
          Signing of the season if you don't remember United would probably be still in 6th place if it wasn't for the Serbian zizou

Comment

• Alexis has gone public with his intention to leave.

Can't wait for him to piss off now and get this circus over with once and for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
              Alexis has gone public with his intention to leave.

Can't wait for him to piss off now and get this circus over with once and for all.
              But who is arsenal gonna replace him with?

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                But who is arsenal gonna replace him with?
                Maitland-Niles? Anyone who'll give 100% will make me happy.

Sick of these mercs in our club. **** them all off.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  I would disagree on that one.

I feel that Hazard is to the attack, as Kante is to the defense.

I wouldn't take the Stoke game (I missed it btw) as a measure of Chelsea without Hazard. We are truly uninspiring in the attack against actually good sides when Hazard is out of the line up.
                  His output has been underwhelming this season. How many goals is it? 5 and a couple of assists.

As an attacking force he's been on a par with Cesar Azpilicueta.

Hazard is such a fantastic footballer though but we can and we often do win without him. Wheels came spectacularly off with Kante and even Moses and Alonso out at times. Attacking wise the system can shift and no one player makes heaps of difference since they're all good players. Willian and Pedro also struggle for form earlier in the season.

I suppose a lot of it has to do with the gap in quality between one player and his replacement. So Hazard gets replaced by Pedro or Willian - not a big deal. Alonso gets replaced by an out of position Azpi, Moses by Zappacosta. Morata by an out of position Hazard or a Michy who likely isn't good enough.

Also sort of explains why De Bruyne and Salah both left without really getting a chance.

Chelsea had Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Mata at one stage. And then swapped out Mata with Salah.

Man City would have just kept all of them. But Chelsea aren't that kind of rich. We stockpile youth players and loan them out. Man City will stockpile full fledged internationals at this point.

Worth keeping an eye on Bernardo Silva!
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-31-2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                    Maitland-Niles? Anyone who'll give 100% will make me happy.

Sick of these mercs in our club. **** them all off.
                    Yeah I'd want him out desperately if I supported Arsenal.

Football is a tribal thing. If they're not interested then they have to go.

Alexis is definitely a modern individualist footballer he's not really cut out to be fondly regarded by fans of a club.

He could go to City but he won't really be remembered fondly there either because they'll replace him with someone better in 18 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Yeah I'd want him out desperately if I supported Arsenal.

Football is a tribal thing. If they're not interested then they have to go.

Alexis is definitely a modern individualist footballer he's not really cut out to be fondly regarded by fans of a club.

He could go to City but he won't really be remembered fondly there either because they'll replace him with someone better in 18 months.
                      I want them to replace him too, the problem is with who?
                      Maitland Niles isnt as good Sanchez. Arsenal is already looking at possibly finishing outside the top 4 again. Only hope now is the Europa league and arsenal will need Sanchez there.

Unfortunately this is today's football. If you have a superstar who is unhappy you either do your best to make him happy (the way Madrid did to Ronaldo) or you get as much as you can out of him and replace him ( like Barcelona did with Neymar)
                      Last edited by JJRod; 12-31-2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X