Villa is in form.
    Unai Emery magic.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Unai Emery magic.
      Gerrard was the problem indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Pochettino will do good if he is given the kind of patience that Potter was given.

I don't think many of this squad can play Pich's style to begin with however. All injury prone players have to be pruned as you said it. Because he demands too much running to be pulling a hamstring in 20 minutes (Pulisic).

I'd also worry about Chilwell too. He's good but he's looking injury risk a lot. Same for Reece unless he drops a few pounds but Reece is untouchable in this squad. Genuinely the only player worth his salt.

I preferred Poch over Lampard years back and figured he'd have made the best choice before Tuchel arrived as well.

A little late but with fresh legs like Enzo, Mudryk, and Noni. Pochettino should be able to do something with this squad and considering Boehly's willingness to spend, he won't run into the Levy issue during a UCL final run in.
        Tbh I'm not sure we can afford to give anyone the kind of patience Potter was given.

We wrote off a season. The manager needing time is not a thing you are gonna get in the premier league anymore. The exceptions being Klopp and Arteta really. Where would Villa be with Stevie Mee in charge? Or even Everton with Frank? Wolves with their coach etc etc.

Poch will have a full pre season. Top 4 is the aim with a game a week. If that's looking wobbly around January he needs to go as well.

And that's fine. It is the norm pretty much everywhere. Strangely allowing Potter so much rope made him the first Chelsea manager since maybe Scolari whose reputation took a hit. Although I am unsure why he had a the rep he had with a 31% win percentage even at a team like Brighton: 15th, 16th, 9th, left Chelsea when 11th.

There has to be a standard set at board room level

Todd doubled down with Potter because of the expense and how involved he was and how he sacked a CL winning manager because he didnt like him apparently.. They have stepped back from this. So it won't be personal

If you look at the narrative that surrounded Potter's appointment. The press were up in arms about him going for the money and pouring scorn on Chelsea as if they were Abramovich's Chelsea.

Well, that's what Chelsea should be. They were a self fulfilling prophecy for two decades - they said they needed to win things and they won things.

Todd tried a PR drive and became a laughing stock anyhow. The old trope of a brash American thinking he knew better had everyone hoping he'd fail and loving it when he did.

Roman said f.uck all for 20 years and the press created their own narrative anyway.

The old cliche really..

Better to be silent and a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Plus Chelsea are the bad guys. Dont fancy anything up. Lean into that.

Is that your no9 having a great game? Good luck to him. Maybe we will buy him one day.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-26-2023, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Arsenal-Man City BTTS at 1.75 is a go.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Arsenal-Man City BTTS at 1.75 is a go.
            Szef thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Szef thoughts?
              I got over 2.5 goals but btts is alright too

Comment

• Score draw. 2-2

Comment

• Just one, Arsenal. Just one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

I got over 2.5 goals but btts is alright too
                    Congrats.

I feel like I will be getting screw on this match.

Comment

• At least Arsenal will play CL football next season.

Comment

Working...
                      X