Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was weird that you got Lukaku in just to play him with his back to goal. He's much better how inter played him. Seems a waste of cash when there were cheaper hold up striker options that don't have an attitude problem lol.

Comment

• All Pulisic and CHO have shown for about a year now is that they're average in a variety of different positions.

Slow build up is the problem at Chelsea and when they go for it too much a midfield of Kova and Jorgi is very porous. Without Jorgi we lack control with him we can get overrun.

Ive said it for a while we have not challenged for a title with that midfield. Tuchel found a way to mask their short comings well and strengthen the back line.

But the forwards are bad. Let's be honest. They get chances. They usually miss them.

In short Chelsea are well coached. When that many players arent playing well but largely until recently still winning they are a very well coached team.

Not to say we wont sack him at some stage.

We will. Obviously.

Problem is we have no wing backs and your asking him to change a system to put worse defenders in it point blank or exposing defenders that are used to and better in a 3.

I doubt Rudiger is that good in a 2 again. He's looking shakier now without Chilwell to his left. Silva is old. Christensen is weak.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-31-2021, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        I logged into BScene just to see if you fellas were talking about the latest Lukaku news.

To be honest, Tuchel's system isn't mean to express the qualities of the forwads. It is mean to 1a) not concede goals and 1b) keep possession to mitigate chances of conceding.

Unless it is Firmino up there. You're not getting much return from the forwards with his Chelsea system which is nothing like any of his other teams.

At the moment, Chelsea are just an elite version of Burnley. Living and dying off set pieces with defenders as your top scorers. Or Jorginho... who is just a penalty stat padder. Be honest, in any other team, Jorginho isn't taking pens. Man United? Nope. Man City? Nope. Liverpool? Nope. Spurs? Nope... regardless of his pen percentage.

The man who wins it, most likely will take it. At Chelsea, its just deferred to Jorginho, fair enough (high conversion rate) but sometimes the man who won it (particularly a forward) should be allowed to eat too.

Pulisic and CHO can 100% play for Chelsea by the way. They were playing wingback ffs last game, had to do all that dog work and by the time they got in front were to taxed to put left foot before right.

I agree with StarshipTrooper, Tuchel is beginning to lose the plot and it's showing with his Sarri-level refusal to change that 343 and his high risk of injury personnel choices.

He'll be the first manager to break Mount at this rate and that speaks volumes.
        Truth is, the only times I ever see Jorginho he's either taking penalty kicks or getting smoked like a gas station cigar. I think Tuchel isn't long for the Bridge: His pressers are getting more and more unhinged and incoherent, like he's starting to crack.

Comment

• Tuchel making a stand then. Strong management.

If the club back him even if that means writing off millions if it goes west then it essentially ends player power at Chelsea.

What will likely happen is we will get d.icked by Liverpool and City and this will be blamed and then his job will be hanging by a thread. Will get sacked in Feb.

New manager comes in and Chelsea probably win the cl again. Lukaku comes good.

Hope it works out but at Chelsea it is hard to make a stand because the panic button is pushed immediately if we stop winning games and look like slipping out of the top 4
          StarshipTrooper StarshipTrooper likes this.

Comment

• 100% was not expecting Spurs to be so p.u.ssy in that cup match.

I thought they would have come after it like maniacs but goes to show their mentality is still p.iss poor.

Have them again in the week, I have no idea what to expect from them though. They have Conte but he's the only one in that entire club structure that has a winning mentality.

I love what Ziyech said post-match though. I love his mentality. Said we should've scored more and killed them off.

That's a mentality Chelsea have been missing since Ancelotti as a whole and the last player to have that mentality was Diego Costa truth be told.

Comment

• Olise was flat out fantastic in the FA Cup game today, single-handedly buried Millwall at the Den, the wankers. Needs to be starting on the right wing every game going forward. Lots of young talent in the squad, so excited for the future, just heart broken knowing Gallagher will never come back after the showing he's had this year. Just trying to enjoy him while it lasts

Comment

• Newcastle beat off Cambridge lol .Not long ago Eddie Howe was Celtics no.1 target .I'm happy now we got Ange Paostecoglu instead .Wonder if Howe will still come good maybe he needs a transfer window or 2 .Postecoglu turned that Celtic team around in 1 window lol signed about 12 players great manager .

Comment

• PSG want Conor Gallagher.

Nice one. We will swap him for Mbappe.

Lewis Hall seems another of the conveyor belt for Chelsea. Really impressed as he is a midfielder and he played left back. All the Chelsea youth products just seem so sure footed.

Ross Barkley gets minutes at Chelsea but I bet Chelsea probably have a handful of kids that are better than him at everything. Barkley thinks through treacle, takes so long to make a decision and pass. That was my problem when I played football and the reason why I was bang average really. Barkley has got to this level with that fundamental issue. Gets the ball sees 4 different passes and usually chooses the worst one.

He's had a good career really but he needs to be moved on. He is nowhere near good enough to be at Chelsea.

Comment

• Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                    Newcastle beat off Cambridge lol .Not long ago Eddie Howe was Celtics no.1 target .I'm happy now we got Ange Paostecoglu instead .Wonder if Howe will still come good maybe he needs a transfer window or 2 .Postecoglu turned that Celtic team around in 1 window lol signed about 12 players great manager .
                    Howe was never destined to be good at Newcastle.

He was never going to turn around that Newcastle in a little over half a season. It just was not in his favor. He'll be sacked at the end of the season (sheikh money things) and it won't be because he isn't a good manager. It'll be because he set himself up for failure by taking on a disaster club with zero preparation.

Howe is definitely not that guy; not the instant success manager. He's barely where Tuchel was at Mainz. If that. He might be a little behind that tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Howe was never destined to be good at Newcastle.

He was never going to turn around that Newcastle in a little over half a season. It just was not in his favor. He'll be sacked at the end of the season (sheikh money things) and it won't be because he isn't a good manager. It'll be because he set himself up for failure by taking on a disaster club with zero preparation.

Howe is definitely not that guy; not the instant success manager. He's barely where Tuchel was at Mainz. If that. He might be a little behind that tbh.
                      Newcastle needed someone who knows the league to hit the ground running which is why he got the job.

I dunno who else they could have got who would have any sort of stock at the minute.

Nuno would have been the smart mans choice. It is easier to try and keep clean sheets than it is to try and score goals just in general but his reputation is in bits.
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-10-2022, 11:59 AM.
                      F l i c k e r F l i c k e r likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X