This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I do think sometimes you can just lose. The depth with England is so vast that if they lose the team will always be wrong.

The tightrope is sticking or twisting. How much respect do you show Denmark? By and large being defensive wins tournaments.
    In a way, I think that would just be clutching straws. To think the team is wrong just because they lost.

When you've got depth and talent like England and Italy, only egregious acts are truly wrong.

Imagine Mancini dropping Jorginho for the final. That would be an egregious act.

Or imagine Southgate playing no DM. Inexplicably drops Phillips and Rice. That'd be egregious as well.

But in the same way, if he parked a solid bus vs Denmark and lose. It'd be equally wrong because he never gave them a chance to begin with.

It's a tightrope for sure but the only way to really screw up would be to do something unimaginable. Like play without a striker or something.

Comment

• On that note, if Italy win the Euros.

Does Jorginho win ballon d'or?

That thought of it makes me conflicted. Cause then Chelsea can never move Jorginho on. He'd be the first ballon winner in club history.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        On that note, if Italy win the Euros.

Does Jorginho win ballon d'or?

That thought of it makes me conflicted. Cause then Chelsea can never move Jorginho on. He'd be the first ballon winner in club history.
        he may but he shouldn't.

kante, lewandowski and messi deserve it more than him this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

he may but he shouldn't.

kante, lewandowski and messi deserve it more than him this year.
          You sure?

Jorginho was more consistent over the season for Chelsea than Kante was tbh. Had as big of an effect as Kante towards winning the Champions League as well. Then add that he's why Italy are ticking their way to a potential Euros win?

I would be okay with Lewandowski winning it, if only for the correction of them cancelling last year's Ballon. Lewandowski was hands down, undisputed winner of that Ballon. Should have gotten record votes for that season.

But that would be extremely unfortunate for Kante or Jorginho who really did a lot this season in comparison to Lewandowski this season.

Idk how Messi deserves it. He finished 3rd place, won copa del ray, and maybe wins Copa America. That's truthfully below the standard set for Ballon. Which is pretty much 2 major trophies + international finals appearance. Or 1 major trophy + major international finals trophy.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 07-07-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

You sure?

Jorginho was more consistent over the season for Chelsea than Kante was tbh. Had as big of an effect as Kante towards winning the Champions League as well. Then add that he's why Italy are ticking their way to a potential Euros win?

I would be okay with Lewandowski winning it, if only for the correction of them cancelling last year's Ballon. Lewandowski was hands down, undisputed winner of that Ballon. Should have gotten record votes for that season.

But that would be extremely unfortunate for Kante or Jorginho who really did a lot this season in comparison to Lewandowski this season.

Idk how Messi deserves it. He finished 3rd place, won copa del ray, and maybe wins Copa America. That's truthfully below the standard set for Ballon. Which is pretty much 2 major trophies + international finals appearance. Or 1 major trophy + major international finals trophy.
            I'll put it this way. Without Jorginho Italy still would've qualified to the final. With no Messi in the team, Argentina wouldn't get past the QF. Granted, the Euros are much harder to win than Copa America, but you get my point. Not sure if you've been watching CA, but Messi is killing it. The best player of that tournament hands down.

Lewandowski had another great season at bayern, he beat Gerd mullers 50 year old record of the most scored goals in a single season.

As for kante, Idk i was just more impressed with him than Jorginho this year. Especially in the semi final and the final of champions league.
            ​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Have a good game all my English friends. Enjoy the moment.
              I'm excited and tbf Denmark are a team that everyone will want to win the final If they make it.

The Scandinavian teams always feel closer to England in terms of football culture and drinking culture than our other former European mates. Just on average better looking and healthier.

Comment

In a way, I think that would just be clutching straws. To think the team is wrong just because they lost.

When you've got depth and talent like England and Italy, only egregious acts are truly wrong.

Imagine Mancini dropping Jorginho for the final. That would be an egregious act.

Or imagine Southgate playing no DM. Inexplicably drops Phillips and Rice. That'd be egregious as well.

But in the same way, if he parked a solid bus vs Denmark and lose. It'd be equally wrong because he never gave them a chance to begin with.

It's a tightrope for sure but the only way to really screw up would be to do something unimaginable. Like play without a striker or something.
                Yeah I cant disagree with all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

I'll put it this way. Without Jorginho Italy still would've qualified to the final. With no Messi in the team, Argentina wouldn't get past the QF. Granted, the Euros are much harder to win than Copa America, but you get my point. Not sure if you've been watching CA, but Messi is killing it. The best player of that tournament hands down.

Lewandowski had another great season at bayern, he beat Gerd mullers 50 year old record of the most scored goals in a single season.

As for kante, Idk i was just more impressed with him than Jorginho this year. Especially in the semi final and the final of champions league.
                  ​​​​
                  Red - you haven't been watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I'm excited and tbf Denmark are a team that everyone will want to win the final If they make it.

The Scandinavian teams always feel closer to England in terms of football culture and drinking culture than our other former European mates. Just on average better looking and healthier.
                    We’ve always loved the brits. Same humor and same interests. We regret that you decided to brexit. We need the Brit voice instead of just the Franco-german alliance.

Comment

• Look for Kasper Dollaboy to score the first goal. We need him since superstar Eriksen is out.

Comment

Working...
                      X