Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really struggling to put a single post in this thread now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Really struggling to put a single post in this thread now.
      Gone a bit **** hasn't it.

Comment

• It's basically a 2 horse race this season between Man City and Liverpool. Man City look like they can demolish teams with their B side playing in 2nd gear.

This is the best Spurs team in the last 30 years and even they aren't pushing them.

Treble Utd, Man Utd Ronaldo CL winning team, Chelsea under Jose first time, Arsenal Invincibles would all beat this City....as great as they are.

Comment

• LOL if City don't win it this year they will forever be known as bottlers..

The Chelsea and United sides are the greatest sides period.. They had sustained success.. Unlike the Invincibles.. who folded when they had a bit of pressure and started throwing pizza

In 99 United had Arsenal pushing them all the way

ATM City just win it at a canter.. You don't know how great a team is until it has a rival breathing down its neck.. pushing it on.. The only time i saw City pressured last year was vs Liverpool in the CL.. and they cracked

Winning back to back titles is extremely hard.. and people don't appreciate it enough

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            LOL if City don't win it this year they will forever be known as bottlers..

The Chelsea and United sides are the greatest sides period.. They had sustained success.. Unlike the Invincibles.. who folded when they had a bit of pressure and started throwing pizza

In 99 United had Arsenal pushing them all the way

ATM City just win it at a canter.. You don't know how great a team is until it has a rival breathing down its neck.. pushing it on.. The only time i saw City pressured last year was vs Liverpool in the CL.. and they cracked

Winning back to back titles is extremely hard.. and people don't appreciate it enough
            City would've had teams pushing them all the way last season if they'd only racked up the 79 points United managed in '99. Wouldn't have even won the league with that total last season in fact.

City aren't one of the great sides because they won so many games and got so many points, fine logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              City would've had teams pushing them all the way last season if they'd only racked up the 79 points United managed in '99. Wouldn't have even won the league with that total last season in fact.

City aren't one of the great sides because they won so many games and got so many points, fine logic.
              LOL ****ing salty idiot.. ignore everything else i said then

City aren't a great side yet.. great sides win back to back PL's.. Go far in CL etc

The only time City got remotely pressured last season the collapsed vs Liverpool

By your dumb logic.. last years Man United team was better then the treble winning side in 99. The fact that United were quite comfortably second tells you how weak the league was.. because United have been ****ing dire for years.. **** even Spurs got 77 pts.. i guess they are about as good as the 99 side also

United got 91 pts in 2000 and won just as easily as City did last year.. we got ****ing bummed in Europe because the competition was so weak in the league.. Ferguson would trot out the youth for the last 5-6 games because it was already sewn up.. I guess that side was better though?

Now if they win the league again this year.. do a bit better in the CL.. you can talk about City being a great side
              Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 11-06-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                LOL ****ing salty idiot.. ignore everything else i said then

City aren't a great side yet.. great sides win back to back PL's.. Go far in CL etc

The only time City got remotely pressured last season the collapsed vs Liverpool

By your dumb logic.. last years Man United team was better then the treble winning side in 99. The fact that United were quite comfortably second tells you how weak the league was.. because United have been ****ing dire for years.. **** even Spurs got 77 pts.. i guess they are about as good as the 99 side also

Now if they win the league again this year.. do a bit better in the CL.. you can talk about City being a great side
                The bolded isn't my logic. The only saltiness is coming from you my man.

I haven't stated whether or not I think City are a great side yet. I just pointed out how flawed your 'need to be pushed to be great' logic is.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  The bolded isn't my logic. The only saltiness is coming from you my man.

I haven't stated whether or not I think City are a great side yet. I just pointed out how flawed your 'need to be pushed to be great' logic is.
                  Absolutely not.. in anything sport/career etc.. Joshua/Klitchscko.. United/Arsenal there is a long long list..

You only see how truly great someone is when they get pushed and under pressure.. not when they are smashing cans

We saw City get pushed last year in the CL by Liverpool.. they collapsed and Pep got sent to the stands in disgrace. The other time they had real pressure on them vs United.. the bottled a
                  2-0 lead at home.. and failed to win the title

It's why the Chelsea/United sides are held in higher regard by anyone with a clue.. then the Arsenal "invincible side". Being able to stay motivated to keep winning and winning is a real problem.. great sides/managers do it.. Wenger never could

It's easy to win when things are going great.. We will see anyone.. i'd expect a City collapse if Liverpool/Chelsea keep up with them till later on in the season
                  Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 11-06-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• It's disgraceful the way these bum teams just bend over for City yet put in 110% against Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Comment

• Anyway is there even any enjoyment in winning the league knowing you've outspent everyone else by about £2billion? I'd expect a minimum league and CL double this season or else Pep is a MASSIVE fraud.

Comment

Working...
                      X