This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Werner is the worst finisher I have ever seen at this level.

Do you know when people say I could have done better?

When it comes to Werner I dont doubt it. I think your average human being under 60 who has played football when presenting with his chances would have scored maybe 4 in his last 8 games.

It's like he's trying to miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Work in progress really

I was happy with us for months but off the back of the 2 defeats it was a wake up call. Standards dropped and visibly less effort has been put in with players just expecting their quality to show.

A few players are out of form now, especially the German boys. Theyve been so bad in those two games that really a measure of success for both will be working hard in the next game.

Havertz should look at how Oscar played for Chelsea and Werner should be looking at Jamie Vardy.

Oscar only really showed glimpses of class but I never questioned his desire and effort and he was effective off the back of that.

Vardy even on his worst day exhausts defenders mentally because he is always trying to get in behind.

Form comes and goes but you cant take the field without at least competing hard against your opposite number.

I can see why Germany lost 6 nil to Spain just based on our lads.

Hope they prove me wrong because Werner is a 30 goal a season man if he doesnt melt.

We (or Lampard, Cech, and Marina) have to look at the profile of player these guys are before signing them.

At this point I 100% believe they did not look at the profile of player that Werner or Havertz were before signing them.

Werner had a lot of noise surrounding him with Liverpool.

But if you look at the way Liverpool use Mane and Salah. It makes perfect sense why Werner was a target.

Werner doesn't have to play like a modern winger. His finishing is off but he's doing all this extra work that by the time he gets the open look, he's blown his load playing left back.

Salah, Mane, even Sterling pretty much just sit high and wide all game, trot around, then make the 6 sprints when they are played into open space. Score 1/4 chances on 6 sprints; or with Sterling 2/15 chances a game.

Havertz on the other hand. I don't think anyone wanted him but Bayern Munich. But he makes sense for Bayern. Why? He's like Muller. More style than substance. Oozes talent like Eden Hazard and doesn't have the work horse in him just like Eden Hazard.

That's why Hazard was given a free role at Chelsea under literally every manager he played for. He can't be arsed to do anything else.

Don't get me wrong though. I get what you are saying. Those guys are really in poor form. I'm actually inclined to agree with you on Havertz and that Lampard should do him like he did Pulisic.

Werner is a little different cause Strikers are pretty much 90% mental. So, Lampard has taken the "let him play through it route."

But tbh, if Lampard isn't going to do Werner any favors by letting him play in a way that keeps him at his most dangerous... then Werner should be sat too and get the Pulisic treatment.
        Last edited by F l i c k e r; 12-21-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Does Mason Mount have an assist in open play this year? I'm pretty sure it's all from corners

3 points v team in top half of the table finally but still Chelsea are just delaying the inevitable with Lampard

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Does Mason Mount have an assist in open play this year? I'm pretty sure it's all from corners

3 points v team in top half of the table finally but still Chelsea are just delaying the inevitable with Lampard
            Yes.

But tell me someone else who takes a good corner? Even Mason didnt last season .

James Ward Prowse takes a good one.

It is a weirdly hard skill.

Watch Willian take a corner, lol

Comment

• Got talksport on bbc radio 5 all about Brentford Newcastle .Brentford 4th in the championship .Ivan Toney Celtic were interested in him we tried to buy him but wouldn't pay 5 mill for a league 1 player .He was with Peterbrough last year we ended up signing Albian Ajetti instead . Might have been a good signing as well .
              Top scorer in the championship .
              https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ip/top-scorers
              Last edited by alza1988; 12-22-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Readinig this Ivan Toney transfer rumour thread man wish we signed him now was to much a gamble though for a league 1 player I wanted Albian Ajetti instead .
                  https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/th...-toney.152202/

Comment

• Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                    Readinig this Ivan Toney transfer rumour thread man wish we signed him now was to much a gamble though for a league 1 player I wanted Albian Ajetti instead .
                    https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/th...-toney.152202/
                    League 1 isnt miles off Scottish Premier surely

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Does Mason Mount have an assist in open play this year? I'm pretty sure it's all from corners

He’s done good work for what he has been able to accomplish given his own inexperience and time at the club.

But it looks like he’s not the Koop or Ferguson Chelsea are looking for.

Who do you think would take over if Lampard is out at seasons end or next?

Comment

Working...
                      X