Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea gotta figure out who their 3 at top are gonna be. Dont know if Pulisic, Giroud and Pedro can put together enough to score goals for Chelsea.
    Problem is I don’t know who else they can play up front?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      United>Liverpool results don't lie.. no clean sheet... only 2 goals scored.. You guys could do with Harry Maguire.. your defence looks shot
      Who's Harry Maguire?

Comment

• Chelsea should have put the game away but didn't. Initially upsetting but no excuse with all the emotion taken out of it.

Tammy for 2 games straight has disappointed me though. I love the guy too but damn man. Couldn't do anything against United but press the back line. Then against Liverpool, couldn't even be arsed to press the back line. Other than the pen draw, didn't really do much as a sub.

Batshuayi must be Heskey levels of bad. Carlos Sanchez levels of bad for 3 straight managers to omit him. Despite having a better goal to minutes ratio than Morata at Dortmund, scoring more than Higuain at Palace, and having more top flight experience than Abraham.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Chelsea should have put the game away but didn't. Initially upsetting but no excuse with all the emotion taken out of it.

Tammy for 2 games straight has disappointed me though. I love the guy too but damn man. Couldn't do anything against United but press the back line. Then against Liverpool, couldn't even be arsed to press the back line. Other than the pen draw, didn't really do much as a sub.

Batshuayi must be Heskey levels of bad. Carlos Sanchez levels of bad for 3 straight managers to omit him. Despite having a better goal to minutes ratio than Morata at Dortmund, scoring more than Higuain at Palace, and having more top flight experience than Abraham.

To be fair you can easily see it if you just really watch him.

I’ve seen him score a hatrick for us before against Forest and even then he had a bad game. The Forest defenders genuinely can’t have believed what happened. It’s like they forgot he existed 3 times.

He has a knack for occasionally being in the right spot. But his first touch is usually poor, his hold up play is bad, he’s quite slow, his movement is obvious, he can’t last 90 mins. He’s quite bad in the air though I remember one belting header.

He’s very strong and when he has the ball under his spell he can roll defenders albeit not as well as Giroud.

Tammy needs a goal and there’s a chance he’s not good enough but for me Bats has already proved he’s not good enough since he’s been jettisoned by a bunch of managers now.

The issue with Tammy is he’s not very smart.

No slight on him but I know people who’ve had run ins with him and he’s a nice chap but he’s just not a sharp kid and probably doesn’t take instruction that well.

That said he’s quicker and fitter than both Giroud and Bats which is why I think we have to give him is 5 games to see what the story is.

I’d keep starting him for a while yet.

He’s different to Mount and the others because they all have more talent.

Mount has very solid technique. He’s fine. He’s equipped. He’ll be in the Chelsea squad for a decade - how well he does is down to a bit of luck too. At best he’s a new Lampard at worst he’s like squad man like Butt, P Neville, Fletcher - obviously not a similar player but unless he suffers a bad injury he’s actually already there as a squad man.

There’s no obvious holes in his game to make him look out of place. A better comparison is Harry Winks
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-15-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• The Batshuayi I saw with Dortmund and Palace is a player that has improved on all of those fronts though.

He'll never be a Firmino type. But he scores goals.

That's like Dele Ali. He's bad at every aspect of football but can run and score goals, so Pochettino uses him.

I was big on Tammy and watched him play better than he has in these 2 games and that's with Swansea, not in the championship. So, it kills me watching him look out of depth against or main rivals really.

Mount is quality though, just don't play barkley next to him; too similar. If I got really nit picky though, I think he might be a head down dribbler like Ashley Young used to be.

Comment

• Yes, Batshuayi is useless, so please loan him back to Palace

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                The Batshuayi I saw with Dortmund and Palace is a player that has improved on all of those fronts though.

He'll never be a Firmino type. But he scores goals.

That's like Dele Ali. He's bad at every aspect of football but can run and score goals, so Pochettino uses him.

I was big on Tammy and watched him play better than he has in these 2 games and that's with Swansea, not in the championship. So, it kills me watching him look out of depth against or main rivals really.

Mount is quality though, just don't play barkley next to him; too similar. If I got really nit picky though, I think he might be a head down dribbler like Ashley Young used to be.
                LOL give him time mate.. he could have quite easily scored vs United and you'd be singing his praises..

You need a full season to assess Lampard and these players imo.. Two games vs top 4 teams is not fair..

I am actually quite interested in how this Chelsea project goes.. hopefully it works and encourages other big teams to do similar

Comment

• ****ing hell, that Finn Pukki for Norwich already has 4 goals after scoring 30 in the Championship last year

Comment

• De Bruyne back to being the best MF in the world

Comment

• Holy **** handball saves Spurs against City again

30 shots to 3 at the Etihad and City can only get 1 point lmao. That rule is ****ing bollocks though
                      Last edited by BigZ44; 08-17-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X