Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a bs penalty. It has to be INTENTIONAL. Same type of thing I hate in the NBA with how Harden gets all his fouls.

If I'm standing stone straight in the box. Arms by my side. Paralyzed. And you rocket a shot in to my side, hitting my arm by default, it's not a damn penalty.

Comment

• All this bickering over the hand ball.

Sissoko raised his arm up to signal something to whoever was behind him.

It's his own fault. Why are you pointing, while in the box, with play coming at you?

It was a fair call. Harsh but fair. It wasn't a natural body motion. He stuck his hand up into the air and obstructed the path of the ball. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Law 3 Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:•

the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)•

the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball) •

the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upl...2xoigyna8juxw3

You really don't have a clue, do you?
        Oh really? Stick to watching one game a year..

Head of Uefa referees Robert Rossetti in January that - when VAR was introduced into this season's Champions League - officials would penalise any unnatural arm movement that makes contact with the ball.

"The big challenge is the position of the arm. When the arm is totally out of the body above the shoulder it should be penalised. If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair.

At the weekend, Ifab - football's law-makers - said handball will be given against a player if their arms extend "beyond a natural silhouette" - even if it is accidental.

Ifab chief David Elleray explained: "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball.

"Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

That new interpretation will come in from 1 June - the date of the Champions League final
        Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 06-02-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Oh really? Stick to watching one game a year..

Head of Uefa referees Robert Rossetti*told the Times*in January that - when VAR was introduced into this season's Champions League - officials would penalise any unnatural arm movement that makes contact with the ball.

"The big challenge is the position of the arm. When the arm is totally out of the body above the shoulder it should be penalised. If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair.

At the weekend, Ifab - football's law-makers - said handball will be given against a player if their arms extend "beyond a natural silhouette" - even if it is accidental.

Ifab chief David Elleray explained: "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball.

"Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

That new interpretation will come in from 1 June - the date of the Champions League final
          https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/foot...e1qe1qbwdct06a

The changes will come into force on June 1, 2019, though competitions starting before that date have the option to delay their introduction until the next season.

Are you saying that UEFA introduced the new rules for the Final?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Champions league

One team ain’t been league Champions since 1990.

And the other hasn’t won it since nineteen sixty f.ucking one.

There is something about Liverpool though. They are heavyweight European Cup contenders.

They’ve won the c.unt with Smicer and Traore before now. And now a man with the footballing talent of a gnats’ anus has body bagged Barcelona and scored the decisive goal in what really is the biggest game in football.

Also Spurs will have regrets but they’ve done well to get to that final. Shame the final was pony
            Perfectly summed Origi up there.

Man struggles to complete simple two yard passes. Yet he’s one of our hero’s.

Feels good.

We played better than Real Madrid last season for most of the game and got sweet fook all. Played chit today and won it.

Feels very very good.

Comment

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/foot...e1qe1qbwdct06a

The changes will come into force on June 1, 2019, though competitions starting before that date have the option to delay their introduction until the next season.

Are you saying that UEFA introduced the new rules for the Final?
              Head of Uefa referees Robert Rossetti in January that - when VAR was introduced into this season's Champions League - officials would penalise any unnatural arm movement that makes contact with the ball.

THIS season

This is the head of Uefa referees saying it. I guess your right and the referee who does it for a living and Var on top of that were wrong.. happy?

It already happened before the final in PSG vs United

Absolutely ridiculous you can try and pretend this is not a handball.. Even under old rules.. He might as well be playing basket ball

How the **** do you prove intent? strap them up to a lie detector mid game? I have seen maybe a few in my life on the goal line which i could say were absolutely blatant.. Andre Kanchelskis for United in a final many many years ago
              Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 06-02-2019, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                Perfectly summed Origi up there.

Man struggles to complete simple two yard passes. Yet he’s one of our hero’s.

Feels good.

We played better than Real Madrid last season for most of the game and got sweet fook all. Played chit today and won it.

Feels very very good.

Enjoy it dude!

I’ll never be bitter about a team winning the one with the big ears.

Despite what City fans say.

It’s the one

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

THIS season

This is the head of Uefa referees saying it. I guess your right and the referee who does it for a living and Var on top of that were wrong.. happy?

It already happened before the final in PSG vs United

Absolutely ridiculous you can try and pretend this is not a handball.. Even under old rules.. He might as well be playing basket ball

How the **** do you prove intent? strap them up to a lie detector mid game? I have seen maybe a few in my life on the goal line which i could say were absolutely blatant.. Andre Kanchelskis for United in a final many many years ago

You do know that VAR is different from the new handball rule that he was on about. You carelessly conflated the two.

VAR did not change the FIFA rule on handball.

Sure explain to me why it is handball under the rules of the game that were in place.

Comment

• Handball pens are massive bug bear of mine.

Unless it’s a shot that’s going on target the punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

It’s like an 18th century peasant stealing a loaf of bread and then getting f.ucking horsewhipped and exiled to Australia.

It should be an indirect free kick for me

Comment

You do know that VAR is different from the new handball rule that he was on about. You carelessly conflated the two.

VAR did not change the FIFA rule on handball.

Sure explain to me why it is handball under the rules of the game that were in place.

VAR is different from the handball rule? I have no idea what your on about here.. as usual can't argue the meat of a post and pick one sentence and twist it

The guy clearly said that when VAR came in for the KO stages they would also at the same time be clamping down on handballs (oddly positioned arms just like Sissoko)..

So no idea what your going on about.. Are you saying only VAR can give these handball decisions (which would ******ed)? and if so.. VAR confirmed the refs decision last night.. So your wrong if that's the weird point your arguing

Also like I said before.. have an arm at that angle even 5..10 years ago it's most likely given a penalty.

By your logic we would never have handballs.. because outside of a player diving like some goalie with his hands.. it's impossible to prove intent.

It's a clear blatant hand ball.. hand out stretched at an odd angle.. even when it bounced of his chest he moves his arm inwards towards the ball.. blocking the pass and possible goalscoring opportunity

Comment

Working...
                      X