This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    You can't compare previous Chelsea lineups to the one we have now.

Before they had Drogba, Terry, Lampard, PRIME Ivanovic, Cech. They don't have those kind of players anymore. Sure Barca aren't as strong as they once were but with Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Suarez and Alba on the pitch they can ruin anyone.
    I do agree with that really. This is a fairly weak Chelsea team by their own standards

The issue with Chelsea is the only real leader is the manager. But Chelsea do have a bit of hoodoo Barcelona.

Comment

• I don't feel Chelsea will beat Barca.. but then again i don't know how bad Barca have got? I know Chelsea aren't that great.. even last season they were nothing special.. if Hazard decides to show up they could win i guess

Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
      Looking increasingly likely Coutinho is off to Barca for 130 mil.

Liverpool have done fantastic to get that much tbh. He's a good player, but 130 mil? He's worth about half that imo.
      In jan or the summer? idk why they didn't sell him this summer? could have got a decent defence with 130m

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
        Looking increasingly likely Coutinho is off to Barca for 130 mil.

Liverpool have done fantastic to get that much tbh. He's a good player, but 130 mil? He's worth about half that imo.
        Seems pretty fair in this market tbh, Lukaku was 90m ffs

Comment

• I think Lukaku gets undue stick. Name me a better 24-year-old striker? Other than Harry Kane.

At his age Drogba was wing-back for Metz or something. I rate him. I wanted him at Chelsea. Morata may be a better technician but I bet Lukaku scores A LOT more goals than him over the course of his career. A lot more. Morata also has the air about him that he could go under. That Torres vibe.

What Lukaku needs is that bit of extra know-how to dupe better defenders. 100% he'll get it. He'll be an all-time premier league striker. He'll probably run riot over England and then the press will start gobbling him off.

He'll look clumsy at times throughout his career. Cunt is 6'3 and 15 stone with size 14 feet, dunno what people expect. Football is a simple game. He uses his body well.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-16-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• IDK i heard one pundit a few weeks ago say Lukaku is not a natural finisher like Kane/Van Nistelrooy etc.. i thought it was a bit stupid at first but then i thought about it he is not wrong.. The guy kind of reminds me of Andy Cole.. he will score a lot but will need 2 or 3 good chances to do it.. that's why vs big teams he goes missing.. you just don't get that many chances (usually)

His hold up play and power actually reminds me of Van Nistlerooy but the finishing is way below

Comment

• Anyone listening to Hoddle's commentary of this City/Spurs game. It's like HBO's commentary of a house fighter.

Citeh are dicking them, mate. I dunno know how he has managed to squeeze out praise for them. Still Guillem Ballbag has written 'Brave New World' about Poch's Spurs. Unbelievable really.

Spurs look a good level below Chelsea and Man U this season never mind Citeh. They have done well in Europe tho

Comment

• Sterling is a complete and utter bum. May well be the most overrated English player EVER.

He misses AT LEAST 3 open nets per game, sure he scores one every now and then like today, he scored his fourth open net chance but i've never seen a top flight player miss as many open nets as he does. Then we have to hear about how good of a season he's having. 99.9999% of his success in his career so far has come from other, top class players putting them on a plate for him. At Liverpool it was Suarez and Sturridge who did all the hard work for him and at City it's Aguero/De Bruyne/Sane.

Apart from that one late winner a few weeks ago which was a total anomaly for this little rat he has never once influenced a game or done anything of note without someone else having done all the hard part.

Comment

• Even that!

He tries to flick it around the keeper and totally misses the ball but gets a massive bit of luck and it works out even better for him to leave him with another open net!

Comment

• Shaun Wright Phillips would look like Messi himself in this City squad...FACT.

Was watching Crysal Palace earlier....Zaha has more talent in his toe nail than Sterling will ever have. In fact i'd genuinely take Andros Townsend over Sterling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      Even that!

He tries to flick it around the keeper and totally misses the ball but gets a massive bit of luck and it works out even better for him to leave him with another open net!
                      I can't see great talent tbh.

Reminds me a bit of Freddie Ljungberg or someone like that but with pace.

Sane on the other hand, that guy is something else now.

Comment

Working...
                      X