Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Sarri would win in a fight with Kepa. He really should’ve beat him up in front of everybody to re stamp his authority. Luckily for Kepa Rudiger prevented Sarri getting close to him during the prep for the penalty shootout.

Disappointed with Azpi who I like. He should’ve put Kepa in his place as the captain.

It was a very entertaining game though (despite the score line), I was surprised and impressed by how well Chelsea played.

Comment

• I would have respect for Sarri if he just binned Kepa for as long as he’s there.

Admittedly it’ll just be the Spurs defeat

Comment

• I had no idea Chelsea spent 71m on a goalkeeper holy ****

They need that transfer ban to save them from themselves

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          I had no idea Chelsea spent 71m on a goalkeeper holy ****

They need that transfer ban to save them from themselves
          Exactly!

Literally bought ourselves worse at this point.

RLC and Ampadu and maybe a randomer like Palasic or whatever he’s called would have saved us £130 million on the ****ing heinous signings in Baka, Drink, and Crapinho.

Reece James would have saved us £22 mill of Crappacosta.

Costa would have saved us £60 mill on S.hitrata

F.uckin’ over £200 million.

I think Kepa is better than Courtois (who is s.hit, I can’t express that enough) but tbh Kepa is decent but imo not even as good as someone like Matt Ryan except he’s better with his feet which is how football is going now.

Clubs have s.hit in their eyes when it comes to keepers.

You look at the Cardiff keeper Etheridge. He nearly slipped out of the game altogether because nobody put him in ahead of established keepers.

Chelsea could have played Marcin Bulka for a year and he’d be worth £35 mill at the end of it if he was halfway decent.

I don’t actually believe all of the best keepers actually make it to where they should be.

How can they when you’ll get a solid vet like Schwarzer says occupying a top flight jersey until he’s 40. That would not happen in any other position

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            How can they when you’ll get a solid vet like Schwarzer says occupying a top flight jersey until he’s 40. That would not happen in any other position
            Other positions require far better physical conditioning than GKs do.

Obviously you rarely find 40 year old CMs, because they can't keep up with the pace of the game. Nowhere near as much of an issue for a GK (though it will become more important in the coming years as the footballing demands of GKs grow).

A good keeper is every bit worth his price tag though. Liverpool paid what Alisson is worth for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post

Obviously you rarely find 40 year old CMs, because they can't keep up with the pace of the game. Nowhere near as much of an issue for a GK (though it will become more important in the coming years as the footballing demands of GKs grow).

A good keeper is every bit worth his price tag though. Liverpool paid what Alisson is worth for example.
              I’m not doubting that.

But the point is your not not really going to take a leap into the unknown unless you have to. The whole safe hands cliche.

I wonder how many big clubs actually nurture a keeper a bring them through.

It’s like Roy Carroll at United or something. Who was ****e actually

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post

No we didn't, Alisson is easily worth double what we paid.

Regards

Comment

• Brendan Rodgers officially at the Foxes now.

There goes that then. Gotta stick with Sarri.

Comment

• I wonder about that.

I think Chelsea would have ended up with him if he hung on for another 5 months.

Jesus we’ve fallen off if Brenda thinks Leicester are a better bet.

He is embarrassing but I don’t doubt his ability to get the most out of decent homegrown talent.

Saying that Leicester could overtake a middling Chelsea team if we continue our journey toward the middle.

Leicester with Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Barnes, and Gray in addition to good young players like Ndidi. That Pereira is also decent. And then you have a veteran like Vardy. A decent keeper like Schmeichal.

Solid pros like Okasaki and Albrighton. The striker from City whose name escapes me. I’m sure I’m missing some.

But they could get close to the top 6 imo with a few wise investments in key areas.

Give them Kante back and they’d be a danger.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-26-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      I’m not doubting that.

But the point is your not not really going to take a leap into the unknown unless you have to. The whole safe hands cliche.

I wonder how many big clubs actually nurture a keeper a bring them through.

It’s like Roy Carroll at United or something. Who was ****e actually
                      Think it depends on how progressive the manager is.

Looking back it seems ridiculous but Pep took months of flak for binning Hart.

Comment

Working...
                      X