This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Lampard is ideal for his role. He was very impressive on MOTD and made Jermaine Anus seem less annoying. I suppose it depends how much Lampard wants to work for Chelsea. But that sky job is plum

He's obviously a better and more successful player than Carragher and really it was his game intelligence that made him what he was. Lampard is a nice guy but obviously would be less banter with G Nev as Chelsea never really considered Man U rivals. Not because they weren't up there in the league but they just weren't emotive games. I surprised United fans when I say Chelsea fans don't really care about Man United. I quite like them.

The 2008 CL loss is devastating but not as devastating as if it had been done by Liverpool. Chelsea are bang average now so I suppose we won't have the luxury of being aloof for long.
    Yeah I like Lampard as a pundit but isn’t he under contract with BT Sport atm? Not sure he’ll be able to work with sky in the near future.

Maybe you don’t see united as major enemies but it’s different with recent players, Rio and Lamps openly talked about how they were close friends but their relationship broke down during their playing days at United and Chelsea respectively and they didn’t even talk while with England on international duty.

How can you not see united as rivals? you guys had some intense title races over the years plus the cl final as you mentioned.

Comment

• I dunno it's not just me either. Outside of United and Chelsea fans from Nigeria rioting, lol. I don't think you'll find a Chelsea fan from England who gives a toss about United. Out of the options I'd prefer them to win a league title if we dont. Them or City. Although I'm concerned it's easy for City now.

Fergie paid Chelsea a lot of lip service too when we weren't particularly good. So did Roy Keane actually. I think that has something to do with it.

Liverpool are just more annoying. Man U know what they're about.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-12-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        Lampard was always going to be a good pundit as he comes across as an educated bloke who doesn't seem to try too hard or want to indulge in blokey banter all the time.

I was hoping he would go into management though and not be just another pro turned pundit.
        Love Lampard tbh.

Would like to see him have a go but he's quite humble, the best ones seem to have that ego about them. But he is a great pro. Who can forget that West Ham fan telling Redknapp that Scott Canham and some other bum were better players than Lampard.

But forward 20 years and Lamps is STILL sympathetic to West Ham even though they treated him deplorably - he was very kind about their pond life throwing coins at two pensioners and running wild on the pitch. Whilst they always he only got a chance for them because of his Dad - even when fat Frank had 200 flipping goals for Chelsea..

Pretty sure if football and West Ham is still going in a thousand years Frank Lampard will still have won more trophies than them.

Compare him to another scouser in Stevie Meee who criticised Chelsea fans for giving him a standing ovation in his final match.

Two different classes of man, tbh. Most footballers seem like bellends tbh. But Frank aint one of them.

I liked it when he took that LBC radio presenter who tried to make out he made his ex wife and children live on the breadline or something. Lampard himself phones in his show and tears him to bits but eloquently with no swearwords and no hints at violence.

Carragher phones in talk sport after hearing something he didn't like and basically offers Durham out, ffs.

Out of all ex England pros. Personality wise he'd handle criticism the best because he's a thoughtful intelligent chap who intellectually is at least on par with the sports writers who will come after him.

But to that end that's probably why he wont manage. I know the FA are trying to induce him and Stevie Meee into it. But Lamps writes kids books, works with Chelsea youth teams, and talks a bit about footy. Seems like a good life to me.

I dunno if Carra will get sacked. I mean I think if I and most of us done that work it'd be big trouble and criminal proceedings but another part of me hates the witch hunt.

Carra will be known as a scumbag for the rest of his life now probably. Rightly or wrongly. Probably wrongly. But you can't go around spitting at children ffs.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-12-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Did Stoke look at Chelsea/City game and think that was a highly effective strategy?

I can't watch City games anymore. Unless they play Real Madrid, Barcelona, or Bayern or someone who actually tries.

What a waste of everyone's time. If you forfeit the game don't you lose 3 nil? and you don't get tired - should Stoke City actually have just done that?

They could have at least matched Chelsea in that Chelsea didn't even run in that game and none of our players could have been remotely tired.

I am up for a rule change involving either bonus points for goals or if you get no shots on target you actually get docked a point, ffs. I am acutely aware of my own mortality watching these City game at the minute.

They're obviously a very good team but good God teams are setting up against them like they've selected 11 puddings off the street.

Comment

• It's odd because it's only the establish Prem clubs that set up against City like that.

The relegation fodder have not been afraid of City at all. Neither the championship sides.

Wigan, Huddersfield, Bournemouth. They all have tried against City. Its the clubs that have been established in the Prem as mainstays that seem to shell up like Clottey v. Pacquiao.

Excluding Liverpool. Liverpool actually took the game to City. Klopp even figured out City in a way; tactically.

Comment

• i know jamie and fair dos the ****s never been in the paper for what he does iin the brunny for the kids and when he visits alder hey with a sackful of prezzies. in fact hes never been a superstar footballer , he made a mistake' if you or i where going about are daily buisness and some cnt was filming you. yore response would not be on the front page of the mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Lampard is ideal for his role. He was very impressive on MOTD and made Jermaine Anus seem less annoying. I suppose it depends how much Lampard wants to work for Chelsea. But that sky job is plum

He's obviously a better and more successful player than Carragher and really it was his game intelligence that made him what he was. Lampard is a nice guy but obviously would be less banter with G Nev as Chelsea never really considered Man U rivals. Not because they weren't up there in the league but they just weren't emotive games. I surprised United fans when I say Chelsea fans don't really care about Man United. I quite like them.

The 2008 CL loss is devastating but not as devastating as if it had been done by Liverpool. Chelsea are bang average now so I suppose we won't have the luxury of being aloof for long.
                Keane and Ferguson know how hard it is to win back to back titles.. something City and Arsenal never did..

Used to make me laugh about how people would go on about the "great" Arsenal teams.. wow you went undefeated in the league.. that's nice.. how did you do in Europe? did you win the FA Cup? Did you retain the title the following year? Nope..

Great teams have consistency and longevity.. they never did

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                  i know jamie and fair dos the ****s never been in the paper for what he does iin the brunny for the kids and when he visits alder hey with a sackful of prezzies. in fact hes never been a superstar footballer , he made a mistake' if you or i where going about are daily buisness and some cnt was filming you. yore response would not be on the front page of the mirror
                  I don't like the witch hunt part of it.

I'd expect to lose my job though if I spat at anyone and got caught. 100% I'd lose it.

It's one of them though people make these mistakes and their scum forever. Like JT. If he called Anton Ferdinand a black bastard or not and he nailed some hoe Bridge used to bang.

Out of all the Chelsea players I know the most about him in terms of family who have met him or worked for him and they said he was a nice guy. He got an ice cream van for lads working on his house, lol. And when my cousin and his little boy were autograph hunting he was in his car with blacked out windows but he wound his window down after seeing them 20 odd metres away and beckoned them over. Just little things like that. For me they mean something.

I'd be surprised if Terry was a knob. His family is a bit sketchy but I doubt he's a bad lad.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    It's odd because it's only the establish Prem clubs that set up against City like that.

The relegation fodder have not been afraid of City at all. Neither the championship sides.

Wigan, Huddersfield, Bournemouth. They all have tried against City. Its the clubs that have been established in the Prem as mainstays that seem to shell up like Clottey v. Pacquiao.

Excluding Liverpool. Liverpool actually took the game to City. Klopp even figured out City in a way; tactically.
                    Bournmouth the only team out of those 3 that actually attacked us in spells. Spurs had a go at the Etihad, also Palace away they gave it a proper go.

Huddersfield and Wigan parked tanks and were lucky enough to score with virtually their only attempts on goal, as well as us missing a fair few chances.

Liverpool are the only English team that can somewhat match up toe to toe with City and even then, without a 10 minute period where we lost the plot and let in 3 quick goals we could've got something that day too. The home game was quite tight before the Mane red though so you have to say Liverpool are the side that have our number a bit, if anyone.

There should be credit due though. City have 81 points in 30 games ffs, more than a lot of PL winners have amassed over a full season.

Comment

• Also, I have to say what an embarrassing state of affairs it is when it takes scoring a brace for a bit of furore over David Silva.

Gonna be a hoot when he gets overlooked for POTY and team of the season once again in a couple of months.

Consistently outrageous footballer.

Comment

Working...
                      X