This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    I have never been really impressed with him.. never understood keeping him and selling Higuain..

Madrid could do better for sure.. probably in a year or two Arsenal will get him for 60-70m
    I do think genuine no9 strikers even the top dogs never look particularly impressive. Even for top teams because out of all the positions on the pitch they receive the ball under the most pressure with 1 man coming behind them and probably another man a few yards in front of him.

Aguero and Kane are the only ones who consistently look like excellent players but both are 9.5 types not proper no 9's.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if Neymar ended up at Madrid in the summer.

Imagine what he must be thinking now realising he has joined a team of bottlers in a terrible league.

Part of the problem for PSG is the fact they play in a terrible league. It's difficult to switch between the gears.. They play against a load of car salesmen one week and then they have to raise it in the Champions League..
      Neymar is a cvnt the players don't like him even PSG fans don't like him only the Arab owners want him in Paris

He was the biggest choker in the 1st leg in Madrid wasted so many chances, surprised Mbappe or Cavani didn't deck him on the pitch

Comment

• Looks like Isco will be gone on the summer Chelsea should be all over that but judging on recent signing they would try to get ****ing Bale instead

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I do think genuine no9 strikers even the top dogs never look particularly impressive. Even for top teams because out of all the positions on the pitch they receive the ball under the most pressure with 1 man coming behind them and probably another man a few yards in front of him.

Aguero and Kane are the only ones who consistently look like excellent players but both are 9.5 types not proper no 9's.

I will never forget him scoring 5 in 9 minutes as a sub off the bench.

Crazy to think that he almost ended up at Bolton if it wasn't for the volcano in Iceland cancelling flights. Took a trip to Dortmund because of it and the rest is history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Looks like Isco will be gone on the summer Chelsea should be all over that but judging on recent signing they would try to get ****ing Bale instead
            As good as Isco is, I would prefer an incisive player.

Someone to run at opponents, get in on goal and take it.

Comment

57 goals in the Knockout stages of the champions league.. Messi has like 35 or something.

Yet people want to act like he never turns up in big games.. Oh and he actually won a big national team trophy
              Goalscoring numbers are literally the only metric in which the 2 players are remotely comparable on.

Ronaldo one of the greatest goalscorers ever, no doubt.

Messi one of the greatest goalscorers, playmakers and dictators ever. He's probably top 3 all time in shooting, passing and dribbling. Incomparable impact on football matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                This isn't going anywhere. But ultimately, of course there is some sour graping here. Because a City fan saying Chelsea ****housed their way to a champions league title is bound to elicit an emotional response. Your team ****housed their way to a league 1 play off win against Gillingham.

So yeah, no way should we set up a team like that against your side. Football is only interesting becaus of the emotions involved. I also highlighted that Chelsea have never to my knowledge ever been so pathetic in one game taken in isolation.

And obviously City's status is such that being so pathetic against them isn't acceptable. I wouldn't care if you had Messi and Neymar in your starting XI and we had Bakayoko and the ghost of Cesc Fabregas in midfield.

Like I said, this is more than likely how fans of opposing fans felt about Chelsea.

But until recently you pinched a few titles. This is your first team worthy of hating.
                I'm literally only echoing what you've been saying for years!
                The whole 'I hope the other team has 99% possession and 30 shots and Chelsea end up winning with a deflected own goal, that'd be peak Chelsea' is something you've ran with since I can remember being on here. Now you've decided you don't like those tactics I'm eliciting an emotional response by regurgitating it?

Elitist, aristocracy-type fans of 'the established order' who were worried about their status quo being upset, maybe. Think other fans were happy to see someone else competing for a change.

Comment

• Read this kid could potentially play for the England national team, he's causing havoc in the Bundesliga atm

Not sure its attackers England need but still if he played for England I'd be more tempted to tune in and watch them play.

Comment

Ronaldo is the greatest player of all time.. the guy has broken just about every goal scoring record there is..

Football is a simple game about scoring more then the other team at the end of they day.. City.. Barca having huge % of the ball and stringing 1000s of passes together means nothing if the ball doesn't end in the net

Also PSG are absolutely pathetic.. how many times will they bottle it in the CL
                    The thing is when he was at the peak of his career he was out shined by Messi for 4 years straight. It's hard to ignore that. He's great no doubt but how can he be the best of all time if he wasn't even the best in the world during most of his prime years?
                    Last edited by Caught Square; 03-07-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      The thing is when he was at the peak of his career he was out shined by Messi for 4 years straight. It's hard to ignore that. He's great no doubt but how can he be the best of all time if he wasn't even the best in the world during most of his prime years?
                      This just not true at all.. who are you to say when his prime was?

As good as he is he is just one person..

The funny thing about Messi when he was the top player he was backed up by 2 world cup winners in Inestia and Xavi who every year were 2nd and 3rd players of the year.. and most people feel they should have actually won over messi on a couple of occasions..

What happened to Messi and Barca as soon as Xavi retired and Inestia declined? they fell the hell off

Ronaldo has good players around him at Madrid but no one who was near the level of those 2 for a sustained period..

Comment

Working...
                      X