Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else win money on Real Madrid yesterday?

Comment

• It really is sad when a manager has to beg fans to go to games and support the team.

Is there any other club more plastic and pathetic than Man City? What was the point in them expanding their stadium?

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
        It really is sad when a manager has to beg fans to go to games and support the team.

Is there any other club more plastic and pathetic than Man City? What was the point in them expanding their stadium?
        Living here it surprises me that Man U could fill OT against a team of goat farmers midweek if they wanted to - it is not a big City though the tickets are cheaper. I would imagine they fill it because at least 15-20% are coming from outside Manchester like London or are tourists.

I have no idea why Citeh expanded. They don't have that 15-20% why would they? Do you get kids walking around London in Citeh shirts nowadays? I've not seen one.

It is not to say Citeh can't match United in a decade. Why do all the ****ney reds support United. Pure glory-hunting.

I think Chelsea would sell out a stadium Etihad's size every week but I actually don't think we could get close to managing the 85,000 that Spurs sold the other night even though those tickets were dead cheap.

I am still surprised that 85,000 Spurs fans would go to a midweek CL game. If City were to get that many in a stadium about a quarter of them wouldn't even support Citeh. There would be people like me in the ground just going because it's a game and its cheap.

Manc clubs shouldn't really be competetive with London clubs. I don't know how the London clubs have managed to foster an environment where the powerbase has shifted here. Ineptitude.
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-15-2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Lukaku first goal for everton in 6 months apparently and chelsea wanted him for 60m

You guys go on about Pep being great.. but..

City had easily the best/quality players/squad last season and he has spent big on top of that.. the league should be a stroll if not he should get the boot. It's hardly a big rebuild job

United and Chelsea needed big work in comparison.. Liverpool don't have much quality outside of the manager and Couthino

But people act like Pep is the second coming
          Can't really talk though. United spent what? 500 million pounds since SAF retired and have done what? nothing? And still can't seem to put the cheque book away.

I know. Chelsea fan talking about transfers but still. Y'all bought every hipster player or 'hot for the moment' player from the world cup to euros and still haven't stopped spending.

Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
          Mane
          sturridge
          firmino
          Lallana
          Origi
          ??
          I only rate Coutinho and Clyne. To some extent Sturbridge but the boy is made of vagina and Mane... The jury is still out but he is showing class. I will admit.

Sakho ain't all that to me. Should be much more consistent.

Comment

• I can't stand Sturridge. I think he's an awful example of the modern footballer. I'd say it was an irrational hatred but I have a few reasons.

He has so many weak spots in his game that he doesn't address. One of them is pulling out of every tackle, another is his weaker foot, another is his heading ability, another is his attitude, another is that he is fragile both physically but also mentally because he has pretty much been out for every possible injury. I am outright saying that that lad has almost certainly faked the severity of his own injuries and shown a genuine desire NOT to play. All that and he is still talented enough with his one good foot to play for a good team and represent his country.

He is fit more often now because he realised his career is on the line. I really don't like him. One of my least favourite players. Cue a hattrick which he will celebrate with his little dance and a complete absence of a smile on his phase.

I reckon Sturridge is probably a sociopath. I would be genuinely surprised if he wasn't one of the worst people in football.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-15-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Liverpool v. Chelsea gonna be the match of the week.

Mignolet.
              clyne, bum, sakho, bum
              bum bum
              firmino bum coutinho
              bum/sturridge

vs

Costa
              Hazard Oscar Willian
              bum Kante
              Alonso bum Luiz Cesar
              bang average

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                I can't stand Sturridge. I think he's an awful example of the modern footballer. I'd say it was an irrational hatred but I have a few reasons.

He has so many weak spots in his game that he doesn't address. One of them is pulling out of every tackle, another is his weaker foot, another is his heading ability, another is his attitude, another is that he is fragile both physically but also mentally because he has pretty much been out for every possible injury. I am outright saying that that lad has almost certainly faked the severity of his own injuries and shown a genuine desire NOT to play. All that and he is still talented enough with his one good foot to play for a good team and represent his country.

He is fit more often now because he realised his career is on the line. I really don't like him. One of my least favourite players. Cue a hattrick which he will celebrate with his little dance and a complete absence of a smile on his phase.

I reckon Sturridge is probably a sociopath. I would be genuinely surprised if he wasn't one of the worst people in football.

He probably is a sociopath now that I think about all the interviews i've seen of him. Even the non-footballing ones, where he talks about music and stuff.

Sturridge is a waste of talent to an extent. Not to Balotelli level but the guy went from I think 20 goals for Chelsea playing from the wing. To becoming a serious threat in the two pronged attack with Suarez. To just not even being on the field at all.

I still rate him to an extent though. Because whenever he comes on the pitch. He scores. Almost every time.
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 09-15-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• ManUre are a joke.

£89m on Pogba and he's getting his arse handed to him by a bunch of plumbers and accountants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
                    ManUre are a joke.

£89m on Pogba and he's getting his arse handed to him by a bunch of plumbers and accountants.
                    Guardiola took their soul what a pathetic showing by United

Comment

• We don't care about the Europa, it's an insult for United to have to play in it.

We want to bomb out in the group stages.

Surprised he didn't play the Under 19s TBH.

Comment

Working...
                      X