Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man just puts into perspective what a performance that was from United after resting loads of players on Saturday.. Liverpool just put 7 past a top side today..

Lukaku will smash Benfica tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      English teams are back tbh.

All because of several men's dreams and several hundred million pounds, and the return to this galaxy of both Barca and Real Madrid.

An English team wins it.
      Only Spurs were impressive today

Comment

• Everything in the CL is being thrown on its head right now.

Sevilla getting dropped by Spartak? Dortmund drawing apoel? Spurs going toe to toe with Real? I couldn't tell you who has favorable in the CL at this point.

I still retain that Chelsea aren't winning schit though.

It looks even more so when one of the Mancs take firm hold of the lead at the top. You better damn well guarantee that Jose will NEVER relinquish the lead. It just won't happen.

City may not either but when it comes down to it, Jose's pragmatism could very well take out Pep's system. Pep isn't rocking with "the best XI ever" this time around. Still a very very good team. Clicking and rolling on all cylinders now, so the Manc derby will either be fireworks or Jose hunkering down for the smash and grab.

Comment

• Brilliant game last night. Napoli had their moments, was always gonna happen with their pressing and the quality they have going forward. Jorginho is their dictator, not sure why he was dropped for the game.

The first half hour was some of the best stuff I've ever seen City play, we made them look so poor. Should've at least had one more in that period.

They need a result in the return game so I expect it to be an even better game possibly,

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Everything in the CL is being thrown on its head right now.

Sevilla getting dropped by Spartak? Dortmund drawing apoel? Spurs going toe to toe with Real? I couldn't tell you who has favorable in the CL at this point.

I still retain that Chelsea aren't winning schit though.

It looks even more so when one of the Mancs take firm hold of the lead at the top. You better damn well guarantee that Jose will NEVER relinquish the lead. It just won't happen.

City may not either but when it comes down to it, Jose's pragmatism could very well take out Pep's system. Pep isn't rocking with "the best XI ever" this time around. Still a very very good team. Clicking and rolling on all cylinders now, so the Manc derby will either be fireworks or Jose hunkering down for the smash and grab.
          Think we can say with some confidence which of those 2 options the Manc derby is gonna be

Comment

• I do think Chelsea might win the champions' league.

It might seem pie in the sky but I don't think we are going to mount a credible title challenge at all. So there in lies the benefit. Essentially, it is like last season but in reverse.

Chelsea will prioritise. We're not Arsenal or Spurs, 4th place doesn't mean anything to a team that wins real trophies. And we've failed to qualify for the CL before and then pissed the league - not a business model to proud off but Chelsea still have the backing and prestige to attract players whatever and give them 1 game a week and they SHOULD win the league.

I think Chelsea will be very competitive in the Champions' League. I also suspect Liverpool will.

Man City are on another planet at the moment but they'll come down to earth in the end because you simply can't keep playing that well, they sort of did in that 2nd half yesterday. Some of the triangles City were playing around their own box was playstation stuff but Napoli managed to get closer to them after the break and human error finally kicked in. But City could get far in the CL.

Man United are basically another Chelsea side but they have the bit between their teeth and huge squad. They could go far but Jose will prioritise the league, always, because CL football he feels comes down to luck when best teams face each other.

Chelsea can do what they want again if they play 'European Royalty'. We'll turn up to the Nou Camp or Allianz and park 10 buses. And scratch and scrabble, cling on desperately for a result. When you get elite players playing that way it isn't surprising that they do it even better than they bums that usually play like that.

2012 again lads, tbh.

Comment

• We got this.

The Ox is warming up very nicely tbh

Comment

• Conte obsession with Cahill reminds me of Mourinho obsession to play Ivanovic at RB even though it was obvious for everyone he can't play there anymore

Conte probably feels he needs to play at least one English player in the starting XI

Comment

• That’s the only logical explanation for Cahill. The board must be telling him, we have to have one Englishman in the starting line up to save face.

I wasn’t expecting Morata tbh. Decent game so far, Kolarov a thorn for us still. Sheeesh

Comment

• Morata is a beast even when he doesn't score he has a massive presence in the game Batshuayi should watch and learn the lazy cvnt

Comment

• Eden ****ing Hazard!

Just when I was thinking, well schit, there goes Sparked’s dream.

Also, I can’t defend Batshuayi anymore. Still like the lad but maybe he just isn’t starting material. Soloman Kalou type.

Comment

Working...
                      X