This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Doesn't paint the full picture Arsenal are like top 5 spenders over the past decade.
    I think a large part of that spending though was on, for lack of a better term, filler players wasn't it?

Comment

• Also, I'm reading that Spurs tried a late buy of Batshuayi but Chelsea denied the transfer.

Which is why Spurs went for Llorente. The only reason they did so.

Chelsea and Conte better get that **** together. Batshuayi is a major talent and act like he isn't good enough to play.

Chelsea usually sell to rivals as well. So they knew Batshuayi would've reinforced Spurs heavily if they sold him. No other reason to not sell him.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        I think a large part of that spending though was on, for lack of a better term, filler players wasn't it?
        Wenger has a thing for not buying in areas he needs.. For years Arsenal fans have been calling for a top Goalkeeper.. center backs and tough CDM..

Basically he got Cech in for a free.. who was deemed not good enough for Chelsea.. Arsenal have been soft as **** for almost a decade now with no spine or leadership..

But Wenger should have been splashing cash for years when Arsenal were a decent club that players would join.. who the **** wants to join Arsenal now?

Comment

• 17 years old, remember the name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

17 years old, remember the name.
            Why is he playing for Wales the shitehawk?.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Shows exactly why Arsenal fail to keep up with the major clubs of the Premier League.

A nit picky person could point out Spurs nearest to Arsenal but in that case you would have to consider the details of the way Spurs is ran and Poch's own philosophy of management which is very different than Wenger's.

Also, note at the very top. Chelsea, the typical spending darling, is some ways off both Manc clubs.
              Not that you're wrong but just to explain a bit about what you stated there:

Spurs aren't as big as Arsenal, don't have their funds or money coming in or out ALSO they're moving out of their stadium, and have put £800m towards that. They have a young side, who are only going to get better. They don't need those 3-4 signings like Arsenal do too. Arsenal have a good squad but tactically they've got it wrong every game this season....ESPECIALLY vs Liverpool. I don't get what Wenger was trying to do in all honesty and nor does any pundit or fan it seems. Spurs need to keep their squad and only needed to replace Walker who tbh was already being phased out by Trippier. When they have a full 11 all fit they are a nightmare to play but I feel like they need more quality players in depth. They seem to rely too much on moments of brilliance by Alli and Kane being consistent. They haven't looked great this season despite playing decent football and I attribute that to injuries and Kane not being on it. They shouldn't be top 4 though in terms of their club size/stature, they're a top 6 team. I think Man Utd, Chelsea, City are better, Arsenal should be doing better with their team. Liverpool have clear weaknesses but amazing strengths which hide it often. Did you see Spurs v Dortmund last season? They got outplayed comprehensively. They're got out Spurs'd.

Man Utd have so much money and pulling power. City have so much money and that Guardiola pulling power now too. Man Utd have the best manager in the league imo, Jose is a genius who's building a really menacing team. Very smart purchases. Loads of pace and beefiness in that squad. Chelsea have a really small squad atm, very good purchases but they have no depth and it may cost them silverware this season. Ox would've been a good acquisition. Arsenal need to switch from 3 at the back to 4. Play Mustafi and Kos as CBs, Kolasinic in LB, Bellerin at RB. Straight up. They made good purchases just need a better RW IMO. Xhaka has been poor in the middle.

Comment

• Lovely goal and a great moment for him. Showed some great touches as well during his minutes on the pitch.

I like how Klopp used him deeper in pre-season, he has great vision and awareness for his age.

Comment

• Ben Woodburn is worth £234m it cannot be denied

Comment

• I go into most seasons thinking if the stars aligned Arsenal could win the league. A long shot, but not impossible.

This season is different. We're weaker than last season and there's chaos behind the scenes. There's uncertainty over the future of a lot of players.

Top 6-7 is best we can probably hope for.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                      I go into most seasons thinking if the stars aligned Arsenal could win the league. A long shot, but not impossible.

This season is different. We're weaker than last season and there's chaos behind the scenes. There's uncertainty over the future of a lot of players.

Top 6-7 is best we can probably hope for.
                      I've been saying it for the last few years but nobody took me seriously. Arsenal and ManUre are a spent force, they are relics from the 90's who are no longer relevant in the modern game.

City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are the new top 4

Comment

Working...
                      X