This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
    I've been saying it for the last few years but nobody took me seriously. Arsenal and ManUre are a spent force, they are relics from the 90's who are no longer relevant in the modern game.

City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool are the new top 4
    Have you seen United this season?.

Jose is bearing significant fruit.

Lukaku might break 30 goals in the league.

Comment

• Glasgow Celtic players on form for Scotland

Comment

• Originally posted by jojog88 View Post
        Glasgow Celtic players on form for Scotland
        Terry the plumber was on fire for my local Sunday league team today

Comment

• What do we think of Delle Alli?

For England he loses the ball more than half the time he gets it. He's a very young player so I don't really get why he's a shoe-in to start.

If I was a Spurs fan I wouldn't want him to play. England will just make him less effective, less confident, and less dangerous player. He doesn't need that kind of stigma that comes from playing in a team where Jordan Henderson is captain and Jake Livermore starts.

England have two players they can rely on imo: Lallana, and Harry Kane. Even Cahill gets exposed playing alongside whoever it is.

£150 million splashed out on Stones, Sterling, and Walker and commitment to starting them actually makes City less likely to win the league imo. I suppose they didn't want to be criticised for being a fantasy world XI so brought those 3.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-03-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• If Alli doesn't play, who does instead?

I would play him, he is a bit raw but he has the ability to do something special and I don't see anyone better to come in.

Great bit of play for the opening goal against the mighty Malta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              What do we think of Delle Alli?

For England he loses the ball more than half the time he gets it. He's a very young player so I don't really get why he's a shoe-in to start.

If I was a Spurs fan I wouldn't want him to play. England will just make him less effective, less confident, and less dangerous player. He doesn't need that kind of stigma that comes from playing in a team where Jordan Henderson is captain and Jake Livermore starts.

England have two players they can rely on imo: Lallana, and Harry Kane. Even Cahill gets exposed playing alongside whoever it is.

£150 million splashed out on Stones, Sterling, and Walker and commitment to starting them actually makes City less likely to win the league imo. I suppose they didn't want to be criticised for being a fantasy world XI so brought those 3.
              Delle Alli is a player that can create something from nothing. He's pretty crap for England but let's be honest we haven't got many players who perform like they do for club at international level. I'd say Rashford is the brightest light in that England setup.

I like how many young players we have in the squad and the the fact they quite a few of them are pacy but our movement off the ball is pretty poor. I like Sterling because he seems like he usually does put a shift in despite it not always working out. He is playing well for Man City too atm.

They can't not play at international level at this stage of their career.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Delle Alli is a player that can create something from nothing. He's pretty crap for England but let's be honest we haven't got many players who perform like they do for club at international level. I'd say Rashford is the brightest light in that England setup.

I like how many young players we have in the squad and the the fact they quite a few of them are pacy but our movement off the ball is pretty poor. I like Sterling because he seems like he usually does put a shift in despite it not always working out. He is playing well for Man City too atm.

They can't not play at international level at this stage of their career.
                  You are right about Sterling, he doesn't hide.

I think it international football level it really seems to come down to pure technique.

Adam Lallana is the most technically able player they have. Jack Wilshere even on one leg and the fitness of a career alcoholic should be a shoe-in to start if he gets any minutes. Then you have players like Tom Carroll who can move the ball and receive it in tight spaces.

I think its horses for courses really. A blood and thunder player like Henderson is good premiership player but is mainly pointless at international level.

Technically, I think Sterling is not great which was he gets caught out in these stodgy, slow matches with his back to goal so often. So does the Ox and Walcott.

Welbeck and Vardy imo are effective players at this level because they're very strong at closing down defenders quickly and have smart movement.

Harry Kane is obviously just the one borderline world class player England have. Capable of scoring goals every time he plays against whoever he plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
                    Terry the plumber was on fire for my local Sunday league team today

A liverpool fan ? do you not know your best ever player came from celtic ya idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by jojog88 View Post
                      A liverpool fan ? do you not know your best ever player came from celtic ya idiot
                      Graeme Souness?

Comment

Working...
                      X