This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quiet_Storm View Post
    Arsenal deserve 40+ million for Fabregas.

He's only 23, his prime years are ahead of him and has at least 7 years good years left to play.
    £50m minimum.

Comment

• Inter want Roy Hodgson to replace Mourinho.

Comment

• Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
        Barca loves Arsenal players!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet_Storm View Post
          Arsenal deserve 40+ million for Fabregas.

He's only 23, his prime years are ahead of him and has at least 7 years good years left to play.

Thats precisely why they DO! deserve that for him.

"You dont get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate" Don King.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
            People who are judging Berbatov are judging him off of the performances near the end of the season where he played as a lone striker when Rooney was injured. If you actually watched United games or knew anything about Berbatov then you would know he can't play as a lone striker he doesn't have the pace, it's not his preferred position.

When he plays with Rooney more often than not he has a terrific game and always grabs an assist. He prefers being a supporting striker not a goalscorer.

He had a good first season and for the first half of this season he was our best player along with Valencia. Second half was tough because he had to play in a position he's not used to for United. I'm not saying he has great games all the time even with Rooney, but everyone has their off days.

Also, i'll say it again, the center of midfield is another reason for our lack of goals this season. There's not as much creativity or service from likes of Carrick so opportunities are harder to come by. Nani wasn't playing great at the start of the season either so everything was going through Valencia. Midfield is an issue for us imo more so than attack. Berbatov has proved himself at various clubs you can't doubt his class, he will come back stronger.
            Do you remember Berbatov coming on strong once vs a big team when we needed him? You guys need to stop acting like he is some young kid learning his trade. We brought him as a 28 year old in his prime to turn games for us, he is now 30.. he won't be getting much better.

Comment

• Arsenal should be pushing for 50m at least, seeing as we got 80 odd for Ronaldo who is quite marketable and a bit better atm.. but he ain't worth 30m more

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
              Inter want Roy Hodgson to replace Mourinho.
              Damn big boots to fill but Hodgson has been impressive.. if Capello and England do pathetically this WC, he could be the new England manager perhaps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snooty86 View Post
                Do you remember Berbatov coming on strong once vs a big team when we needed him? You guys need to stop acting like he is some young kid learning his trade. We brought him as a 28 year old in his prime to turn games for us, he is now 30.. he won't be getting much better.
                Do you not get it, he doesnt get games against the big teams and when he does hes played on his own cos Rooney is injured, he can do a decent job there if he has support, but against Chelsea at home for example we had fergie playing off-form Giggs and Park who were both useless instead of Nani or Macheda. All I ask for is that he gets games at home playing with Rooney against the big teams. Playing big teams away from home, Roo uptop on his own has become a perfect system for us, we beat Spurs, Arsenal, and deserved to beat Chelsea (Never mind our away wins in europe). We all know hes had an average season but whats the point of complaining and not getting behind a player when we spent 30mil and theres nobody realistic out there to buy. Please tell me who can you get that could play on his own up top but only gets a game when Roo is injured and wouldnt complain. Berb hasnt complained one bit. Maybe Chicharito proves himself and he can play on his own when Roo isnt available. I hope Berb steps it up next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by awas88 View Post
                  Do you not get it, he doesnt get games against the big teams and when he does hes played on his own cos Rooney is injured, he can do a decent job there if he has support, but against Chelsea at home for example we had fergie playing off-form Giggs and Park who were both useless instead of Nani or Macheda. All I ask for is that he gets games at home playing with Rooney against the big teams. Playing big teams away from home, Roo uptop on his own has become a perfect system for us, we beat Spurs, Arsenal, and deserved to beat Chelsea (Never mind our away wins in europe). We all know hes had an average season but whats the point of complaining and not getting behind a player when we spent 30mil and theres nobody realistic out there to buy. Please tell me who can you get that could play on his own up top but only gets a game when Roo is injured and wouldnt complain. Berb hasnt complained one bit. Maybe Chicharito proves himself and he can play on his own when Roo isnt available. I hope Berb steps it up next season.
                  WHAT'S BERBATOV WORTH?
                  Hi, I have a debate with a few other Man U fans regarding Berbatov. I think he is an absolute waste of space who hasn't contributed anything to the Man U cause but others think he has scored important goals that have provided United with a number of points. Can you tell me in the two seasons he has played for Man U how many of his goals have actually helped Man U win points. For example, I remember him scoring the winner at Old Trafford against Middlesbrough apart from that I think all his goals have come in games we have been winning in anyway. Thanks, WBM.

MARTIN SAYS: I understand what you are saying and it is clear that Berbatov is a very talented footballer. Below I have detailed all 18 Premier League goals Berbatov has scored in his two seasons at Manchester United and detailed when the goals came.

This season: nine goals:

Opponent Final score When goal came
                  Wigan 5-0 2nd
                  Stoke 2-0 1st
                  Sunderland 2-2 2nd
                  Blackburn 2-0 1st
                  Hull 3-1 3rd
                  Wigan 5-0 4th
                  Burnley 3-0 1st
                  Portsmouth 5-0 4th
                  Everton 1-3 1st

Last season: nine goals

Opponent Final score When goal came
                  West Brom 4-0 3rd
                  Stoke 5-0 3rd
                  Middlesbrough 1-0 1st
                  Chelsea 3-0 3rd
                  Bolton 1-0 1st
                  West Brom 5-0 1st
                  Fulham 3-0 2nd
                  Newcastle 2-1 1st
                  Tottenham 5-2 5th

There are plenty of ways of interpreting this:

* If you struck Berbatov's goals from the record United would only be one point worse off this season; last season they would be six points worse off.

* Only two of his 18 goals have been winners. He has never scored the final equaliser in a game.

* Eight of Berbatov's goals have been the first goal of the game.

* Berbatov has never scored twice in a league game for United.

* Manchester United have won 16 of their 18 Premier League games when Berbatov has scored.

* One of his goals came in a draw with Sunderland, while last month's defeat at Everton was the first time United have lost when Berbatov has scored in a Premier League game.
                  Like i said before, Berbatov is a 'luxury player' ... when you dominate teams he is one of the best players on the pitch. When your in a battle to claw out a result he's the first player to go missing. He is a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer.

Comment

• 10k someone bitches about the pitch..

Comment

• Glad Ledley King's getting a crack in the team.

Best English CB when he's on form IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X