No announcement yet.

Matt Cassel Traded to the Chiefs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
    They were former Pats players, now they are Bronco's players. It's not like they are going to be wearing Pat's uniforms out there or they still have an allegiance to them. These are just moves to make the Broncos better.

I like Cutler, I do, but he's not an untradeable like Elway and like I said i get mixed reviews on Cutler's popularity from other people.

Yes he will go to the HOF, but do you want one SB or multiple ones. Gunslingers can look great, put up good numbers, but the mistakes kill them. If Farve would have ever gotten rid of gunslinger mentality he would have won more SB's then he did, but he didn't and every season you would see him make terrible throws that pretty much would end GB's season.

See I don't buy that system QB stuff. You still gotta make the throws, good decisions, clutch plays and be a leader. Is Cassel as talented as Cutler probably not, even though he did go to USC while Cutler went to Vandy. IMO though what makes them close is that Cassell makes better decisions. Cutler will make the spectacular throws and what not, but his mistakes kill him. As for Cassell in KC I think your wrong. He's gonna be running a similar type of offense under Todd Haley and I think they will be better. Personally I thought it was a great move by the Chiefs who have a former Pats guy as their GM. Their system works and other teams have taken notice.
    as far as decisions thats bull. PAT do have a qb friendly system!!! It's not the damn qb's that make that offense. It's no secret bledsoe, brady, and cassell all instantly became "stars" in that offense. Look at Cassells stats! MOre than 50% of his yards came on YARDS AFTER THE CATCH!!!!! All his throws were simple 5-10 yd throws! A bunch of screen to the rb's, wr screens and slants these wr's are wide open most of the time anyone can make those throws it's the system not the QB!!! Cassel doesn't even have a fuken arm!!!!!! He had one long pass to moss vs the niners and that was it!!! He under threw a **** load of long pass attempts! He was in a qb friendly system in new england. The chiefs will regret this!! Look at his stats, they are all short passes with all the yards coming after the catch. It was like a baby system for him nothing but easy underneath throws which walker and moss tried to make the best of. I would say 80% of his passes were 10yds and under!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
      Whoever gets Ray Lewis is going to overpay and get themselves in a contract that will hurt their cap number in a couple of years when they want to cut him.
      I think denver could use lewis as a leader for the young guys they bring in!!!! He can mentor our current lb's!!! Plus it's excited to think dawkins, bailey, and lewis on the field together!!!!!

Comment

That's more than a bold predicition.
        All he is lacking is some serviceable WR's.

Comment

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
          as far as decisions thats bull. PAT do have a qb friendly system!!! It's not the damn qb's that make that offense. It's no secret bledsoe, brady, and cassell all instantly became "stars" in that offense. Look at Cassells stats! MOre than 50% of his yards came on YARDS AFTER THE CATCH!!!!! All his throws were simple 5-10 yd throws! A bunch of screen to the rb's, wr screens and slants these wr's are wide open most of the time anyone can make those throws it's the system not the QB!!! Cassel doesn't even have a fuken arm!!!!!! He had one long pass to moss vs the niners and that was it!!! He under threw a **** load of long pass attempts! He was in a qb friendly system in new england. The chiefs will regret this!! Look at his stats, they are all short passes with all the yards coming after the catch. It was like a baby system for him nothing but easy underneath throws which walker and moss tried to make the best of. I would say 80% of his passes were 10yds and under!!!!!!!!
          It's the NFL, defensive coordinators and players are smart they make adjustments so the offensive coordinator has to make them too and the QB has to execute it. Yeah their passes are more of a short game, like a west coast offense, but he still has to make reads and the right decisions or it's going the other way. It's not easy that anybody can do it, it just isn't. There's a reason why the Pats drafted him even though he never started for USC. It's because they have an idea of what they are looking for, and with good coaching they know they can be good players. Bledsoe was actually under Parcells and it was a different kind of offense, and even though Brady wasn't highly touted out of Michigan one thing he did do was win. He's always been a winner and smart. So IMO yes the system helps, but it's the talent and smarts of the QB that gets it done.

I personally don't think the Chiefs will regret this. Pioli knows how to put a team together with winners and good character players, he learned how in NE. And believe me it bothers me to even say that the Chiefs are doing the right thing. Todd Haley the new coach basically runs the same type of offense with quick WR screens and RB screens and short quick passes and Im sure he'll use Bowe for deep throws. So in the end I don't think the Chiefs will regret this, they picked up a guy that fits to what they are trying to do now.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
            It's the NFL, defensive coordinators and players are smart they make adjustments so the offensive coordinator has to make them too and the QB has to execute it. Yeah their passes are more of a short game, like a west coast offense, but he still has to make reads and the right decisions or it's going the other way. It's not easy that anybody can do it, it just isn't. There's a reason why the Pats drafted him even though he never started for USC. It's because they have an idea of what they are looking for, and with good coaching they know they can be good players. Bledsoe was actually under Parcells and it was a different kind of offense, and even though Brady wasn't highly touted out of Michigan one thing he did do was win. He's always been a winner and smart. So IMO yes the system helps, but it's the talent and smarts of the QB that gets it done.

I personally don't think the Chiefs will regret this. Pioli knows how to put a team together with winners and good character players, he learned how in NE. And believe me it bothers me to even say that the Chiefs are doing the right thing. Todd Haley the new coach basically runs the same type of offense with quick WR screens and RB screens and short quick passes and Im sure he'll use Bowe for deep throws. So in the end I don't think the Chiefs will regret this, they picked up a guy that fits to what they are trying to do now.
            I can agree with alot that you say but im still not sold on cassel. The dude couldn't even start in college and if it wasn't for brady getting hurt we wouldn't even know who cassell is. I doubt he succeeds in KC! They don't have the personnel that the Pats do. For one they needed to address the running back and offensive line issue before the qb issue. Too much crap is being put on this guy for having one good year in a qb friendly offense. He's not that talented in my opinion. He has an arm that even college qb's can better(maybe that's why he couldn't even start in college). Look at what happened daunte, he had a great wr in moss and once moss left he was prety much finished. Cassel had moss and walker and two rb's that can catch! He had ALOT OF HELP! in his success, where as to denver having success due to cutler! No matter how anyone tries to twist this I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND A CASSELL FOR CUTLER TRADE....NEVER!!!!! This should be fun now twice a year we're going to hear about these guys almost getting traded for when they play. IMO KC needs alot more than a qb and this is not the qb to come in and change things. Who the hell is going to be running the ball in KC? Who the hell is going to be blocking for the rb and qb? Their o-line was ****!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I hope they get him a pay him the fat contract he wants.
              I doubt any team will give him that. but i do hope we get him, he would help a lot!

Comment

Incufan tell me what was wrong with our long snapper Mike Leach?????? Do you remember us having a long snapper issue??????? Why the hell do you cut him?? then bring over your buddy from new england to be the long snapper and make him the second highest payed snapper in the nfl???? Why??? what was wrong with leach? Is there a different way to hike the ball under his system or something??Tell me, where the fuk is the logic behind that? Where's the logic in hiring your brother who is a high school coach??????? All he's doing is giving a fuken job to people he likes! That's three fuken patriot players he's signed in the first 2 days of free agency!!! Please tell me where's the logic to the above questions???????

Comment

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
                  Incufan tell me what was wrong with our long snapper Mike Leach?????? Do you remember us having a long snapper issue??????? Why the hell do you cut him?? then bring over your buddy from new england to be the long snapper and make him the second highest payed snapper in the nfl???? Why??? what was wrong with leach? Is there a different way to hike the ball under his system or something??Tell me, where the fuk is the logic behind that? Where's the logic in hiring your brother who is a high school coach??????? All he's doing is giving a fuken job to people he likes! That's three fuken patriot players he's signed in the first 2 days of free agency!!! Please tell me where's the logic to the above questions???????
                  IMO its showing McDaniels inexperience. Somebody posted that it would be a matter of time before a team got burnt by one of the new young coaches. Looks like it could be the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Valentine View Post
                    IMO its showing McDaniels inexperience. Somebody posted that it would be a matter of time before a team got burnt by one of the new young coaches. Looks like it could be the Broncos.
                    yes his inexperience is showing!!!!! It's like he's so eager now that he has hc powers and now he's doing **** just to do it. I can just see Mike Shanahan laughing his ass off right now!

Comment

Working...
                    X