Massive Global Warming Protest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyson View Post
    Um.. Ok.

I've come to the conclusion that the warming weather is quite noticeable.
    is that why we had six inches of snow in las vegas just last month ! snow in the ****en desert! yea it's really getting hot out here!
    Last edited by boxing_fan75; 02-17-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Let me put this Global Warming stuff to rest once and for all.

Firstly, you guys are all ******ed. I did a study last year, It cost me $188 and what I discovered is that the Earth is beaing heated up my the kenetic energy created by having 80 billion Chinamen living one on top of each other.

In scientific terms, the manpile in China is like a superhuge ****in heater than like warms up the Earth and **** like a giant energy "volcano".

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
        what's with the Union Jack?
        go fetch me a pint or feck off ya fat yankee scum.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          So you don't have an opinion on the issue?

Science "majors"?! You mean Science major undergraduates? If you really want to appeal to authority then at least set the bar as high as post doctoral researchers.

It's possible. But the scientific consensus is that it is part of a trend in warming which had beginnings which coincided with the onset of human agriculture and has been exacerbated by industry.
          WRONG~! That is the consensus among the media. Its not really surprising is it? This is the same media that sold a whole generation on the idea that the ozone layer was disappearing and we were all going to melt and die of skin cancer. What ever happened to that?

The fact of the matter is that the media blows things out of proportions. All credible scientific data, and predictions put the human contribution to climate change well within the margins of natural temperature variation. Can you dredge up propaganda that says otherwise? Of course you can, but that doesn't change the fact the most notable scientist scoff at the absurd claims made by the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
            When you are looking at the macro time scale for earth, is 120 years a sufficient amount to make a bold statement that man made global warming is occuring?...with drastic consequences for mankind in only fifty years time.

Maybe you found Jesus and think the earth is only 6,000 years old.
            No its not, and its the reason most people jump to drastic conclusions. If you examine the climate history of our planet, its actually quite normal.

Of course Squealpiggy is going to reference lots of educational studies to the contrary ignoring the fact that studies funded by grants are about as reliable as a paid expert witness in court. They come up with the results they were paid to come up with.

However, we have historical references for what is happening.. The geological record has provided us with several examples of massive atmospheric co2 releases and we have the corresponding climatological data. All data points to temperature increases lagging behind co2 releases significant periods of time.

The sad fact of the matter is that people want to believe that they are important enough or powerful enough to effect climate change upon the planet. I don't believe that we are. Do some actual research on the efficiency of co2 as a green house gas, and you will realize how flimsy the argument is.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              I don't think that there is any evidence of a conspiracy that rewards scientists with funding for "towing the party line".
              I work for an environmental company and i know as 100% fact that you get more government funding for a scientific project on climate change in the UK, the company I work for has projects in wind farm development, sea bed analysis, air and water quality samples and we tender in the oil and gas industry for many different projects, I may only work in the IT department but we have about 80 scientists who are experts on this field, most say that while man made emissions have some effect on regional temperatures its global long term effect has been some what exaggerated by the media. I believe them over new papers.
              Last edited by Davros?; 02-17-2009, 04:34 AM.

Comment

this causes global warming:

Comment

& this

Comment

yeah, and I'm sure I could find plenty of papers written by scientists who have come to the opposite conclusion.
                    Go ahead and present them. Just saying it doesn't make it so.

The only thing that's relevant is that you take the side of the liberals because you like the feeling of huge wet dick in your gay ass har har har
                    This is an oddly graphic statement.

So what caused the Coldest winter previous to that??.. SUVs?? are SUV's responsible for the fact that MARS heats and cools at the exact rate in proportion with the Earth???

I do not dispute cases of extreme weather.. Only Man's role in it..and That is born from the fact.. that through out history.. there are literally 1000's of examples of extreme weather..

The way people talk now.. it's like Hurricanes.. or droughts are some new phenomena.. The only thing that has changed in the last 30 years is an increase in words like " Disaster" "destruction" "Terror" "catastrophic" In the headlines.. This is proven ... SO what is extreme these days.. is the Propaganda
                    I agree that the way the media jump on scientific findings and publish them as facts is extreme. One recent case was the MMR jab which now has hundreds of thousands of people CONVINCED that it causes autism despite that fact that the only study that made such a finding has been widely discredited and has been replicated numerous times with the conclusion that there is no significant link between the MMR jab and autism. Curiously enough it is often the same people who suggest that studies which link global warming to human activity are a liberal conspiracy who espouse the notion that "science" thinks that MMR vaccination causes autism!

Where is the arrow that points to iceage? Nearly every legitimate scientist worth their salt will tell you that global warming is happening, but not because of humans.
                    Nearly every scientist working i the field of climatology or meteorology will tell you that climate change is anthropogenic. I backed it up. Simply saying otherwise does not make it so.

When you are looking at the macro time scale for earth, is 120 years a sufficient amount to make a bold statement that man made global warming is occuring?
                    While accurate readings of the earth's surface only existed up to 120 years ago data on climate is available from contemporary and geological sources. Geologists and climatologists have been able to map a trend out over millions of years. Temperature ****ed at the advent of human agriculture and has ****ed again following the advent of human industry.

is that why we had six inches of snow in las vegas just last month ! snow in the ****en desert! yea it's really getting hot out here!
                    They don't teach you to read in Las Vegas? Extremes of cold in winter and extremes of heat in summer as well as disruptions of normal weather patterns are a prediction of the global warming model.

WRONG~! That is the consensus among the media.
                    "The Media" includes the likes of Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh or Newsweek etc. There is no consensus in the media, that much is obvious. There is, however, consensus among scientists in relevant fields.

The fact of the matter is that the media blows things out of proportions. All credible scientific data, and predictions put the human contribution to climate change well within the margins of natural temperature variation.
                    Again you are making things up. While I agree that media hyperbole does nothing to help our situation, trying to pretend that nothing is happening and if it is it isn't our fault is fiddling while rome burns.

I dislike that climate change has become a partisan issue because you have to contend with bull**** from both sides. Climate science has been hijacked by the anti-capitalist mob. The "environmental movement" can go fuck off, their agenda is frankly idiotic. They are luddites and are calling for nothing less than the end of civilization as we know it. Whatever happens with the climate, the planet will still be OK. Destroying civilization in order to save civilization is no sort of solution at all.

I'm not partisan on the issue. I don't know what the solution is, but I suspect it has something to do with either new technology or an outside-the-box approach to lessening the effects of climate change rather than a futile attempt at stopping it from happening.

Of course Squealpiggy is going to reference lots of educational studies to the contrary ignoring the fact that studies funded by grants are about as reliable as a paid expert witness in court.
                    I'm not sure what to make of this. Without education studies what do we rely on? Oil companies? Republican politicians? Al Gore? Public opinion polls?

When we think of the scientific advances we make use of every day I am baffled that in this single area (oh and probably in the field of evolution too) we should disregard the results of scientific study as inherently unreliable. It's troubling when people reach these conclusions.

I work for an environmental company and i know as 100% fact that you get more government funding for a scientific project on climate change in the UK
                    The research is done in academic institutions, not on behalf of environmental companies. The research conclusions are being questioned here, not the fact that some companies are managing to make money from environmental projects.

Comment

Working...
                    X