Massive Global Warming Protest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyson View Post
    Um.. Ok.

I've come to the conclusion that the warming weather is quite noticeable.
    Uh Huh... is that why we are having one the coldest winters in almost 100 years here in Ottawa?? is that why the UK was hammered with snow and sub zero temperatures this winter??

Is that why the Temperature of the Earth has dropped over the past 10 years.. so much that Global warming is now called "Climate change" or even better .. "Climate Chaos"??

How about 700 Billion USD in green taxes Collected worldwide last year??? THINK THAT MIGHT BE A MOTIVATING FACTOR.. ??? *******

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      Uh Huh... is that why we are having one the coldest winters in almost 100 years here in Ottawa?? is that why the UK was hammered with snow and sub zero temperatures this winter??

Is that why the Temperature of the Earth has dropped over the past 10 years.. so much that Global warming is now called "Climate change" or even better .. "Climate Chaos"??

How about 700 Billion USD in green taxes Collected worldwide last year??? THINK THAT MIGHT BE A MOTIVATING FACTOR.. ??? *******
      Overall temperatures are rising, models have predicted that such a change will affect local temperatures in a variety of ways, and the most noticeable effect will be an increase in the extremes of weather. The global warming model predicts warmer summers and colder winters in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Overall temperatures are rising, models have predicted that such a change will affect local temperatures in a variety of ways, and the most noticeable effect will be an increase in the extremes of weather. The global warming model predicts warmer summers and colder winters in other words.
        LOL!

Comment

Yep!! Models eh? The weather man told me it was going to snow today.. and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky...

Humans can't predict the weather 24 hours from now.. But they know what's going to happen in 5,20,50 years??

Last time I looked . the world was very diverse place with extreme weather always part of the experience.. seems to me.. that Fluctuations are the norm.. SO much that in the last 16000 years North America alone has gone through 4 such extreme shifts in weather that it changed the biosphere and vegetation of huge areas of land..

unpredictable weather is par for the course.. Suggesting what kind of light bulb I use has ANY effect whatsoever on it.. is fanciful at best.. and downright preposterous at worst..

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
            Um.. Ok.

I've come to the conclusion that the warming weather is quite noticeable.
            im no expert or anything like that, but hasnt it been proven that its been hotter than this several times in history?

Comment

Yep!! Models eh? The weather man told me it was going to snow today.. and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky...

Humans can't predict the weather 24 hours from now.. But they know what's going to happen in 5,20,50 years??

Last time I looked . the world was very diverse place with extreme weather always part of the experience.. seems to me.. that Fluctuations are the norm.. SO much that in the last 16000 years North America alone has gone through 4 such extreme shifts in weather that it changed the biosphere and vegetation of huge areas of land..

unpredictable weather is par for the course.. Suggesting what kind of light bulb I use has ANY effect whatsoever on it.. is fanciful at best.. and downright preposterous at worst..
              Predicting localized weather is different than predicting long range trends on a global scale. In many ways it is easier because local variables even themselves out once you increase the scale and timeframe.

Comment

Weather models are highly inaccurate, I work for a Environmental survey company and while many people believe that green house gasses have some effect on the Earth's temperatures most say that it is highly exaggerated. Scientist's get extra funding for projects if they are in the field of climate change which helps push the theory more, The problem we have is that the Earth's temperatures change constantly there was an mini ice age in the 17th century and at one point in history the whole earth was a desert, We want to keep are temperatures the same as they have been in living memory but that is impossible you have to deal with the fact that climate change is natural and will happen, man's effect on global temperatures is highly exaggerated.

Comment

Predicting localized weather is different than predicting long range trends on a global scale. In many ways it is easier because local variables even themselves out once you increase the scale and timeframe.
                  So what happened to Ice they were predicting by 2000 in the 1970's???

That was using long range Models as well..

700 billion in green taxes

Can I make it ANY more Obvious..???

Look at what most of you are willing to do for weekly paycheck of a few hundred bucks..

Comment

Well well, so you are noticing the changes in climate? Like squealy pointed out, there will be more extreme weather aka colder winters and hotter summers.

Last summer was the hottest summer ever recorded in Norway.
                    Last week we experienced snowfall like we haven't seen in my city in 15 years.

Last year was the hottest year ever recorded in Bergen, Norway. It was also the wettest year ever recorded.

I'd say it's noticeable.

Comment

I don't think that there is any evidence of a conspiracy that rewards scientists with funding for "towing the party line". In fact it would surprise me greatly if there weren't great rewards on offer from industry for holding the opposite view.

The fact is that there is an overwhelming scientific consensus that a) the earth is warming up and b) it is being heavily influenced by the activities of the human race.

Here is a graph showing the trend in average global temperatures over the last hundred years or so:

Pointing out relative decreases in global temperature over a decade is ignoring the overall trend which suggests that global temperatures are increasing over time.

Comment

Working...
                      X