Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a topic for science majors, not dopey liberal arts jerks

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      I don't think that there is any evidence of a conspiracy that rewards scientists with funding for "towing the party line". In fact it would surprise me greatly if there weren't great rewards on offer from industry for holding the opposite view.

The fact is that there is an overwhelming scientific consensus that a) the earth is warming up and b) it is being heavily influenced by the activities of the human race.

Here is a graph showing the trend in average global temperatures over the last hundred years or so:

Pointing out relative decreases in global temperature over a decade is ignoring the overall trend which suggests that global temperatures are increasing over time.

It's very possible that the period of this cycle can easily be over a couple hundred years without human influence, you jerk. Are you a scientist? What is your degree in?
      Last edited by FloydsEra; 02-16-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman! View Post
        Anyone that isn't a meteorologist or a physicist should shut their frickin mouths. STFU!
        So you don't have an opinion on the issue?

This is a topic for science majors, not dopey liberal arts jerks
        Science "majors"?! You mean Science major undergraduates? If you really want to appeal to authority then at least set the bar as high as post doctoral researchers.

It's very possible that the period of this cycle can easily be over a couple hundred years without human influence, you jerk.
        It's possible. But the scientific consensus is that it is part of a trend in warming which had beginnings which coincided with the onset of human agriculture and has been exacerbated by industry.

Comment

So you don't have an opinion on the issue?

Science "majors"?! You mean Science major undergraduates? If you really want to appeal to authority then at least set the bar as high as post doctoral researchers.

It's possible. But the scientific consensus is that it is part of a trend in warming which had beginnings which coincided with the onset of human agriculture and has been exacerbated by industry.
          sources, please. you fudgepacker

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman! View Post
            sources, please. you fudgepacker
            Doran and Zimmerman (2009) Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois.

It seems that the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes.
            http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conten.../306/5702/1686

http://royalsociety.org/document.asp?latest=1&id=3222

Comment

yeah, and I'm sure I could find plenty of papers written by scientists who have come to the opposite conclusion. I don't really feel like sorting it all out for myself. The only thing that's relevant is that you take the side of the liberals because you like the feeling of huge wet dick in your gay ass har har har

Comment

It's possible. But it's likely that by that time it will be far too late. There's an obvious problem today. It wouldn't be prudent to wait just in case we discover new measuring techniques that suggest we were wrong all along.

I mean the predictions of the warming model (increased volatility and deeper extremes of local weather) are already manifesting. As you said Montreal is experiencing the coldest winter in 100 years.
                So what caused the Coldest winter previous to that??.. SUVs?? are SUV's responsible for the fact that MARS heats and cools at the exact rate in proportion with the Earth???

I do not dispute cases of extreme weather.. Only Man's role in it..and That is born from the fact.. that through out history.. there are literally 1000's of examples of extreme weather..

The way people talk now.. it's like Hurricanes.. or droughts are some new phenomena.. The only thing that has changed in the last 30 years is an increase in words like " Disaster" "destruction" "Terror" "catastrophic" In the headlines.. This is proven ... SO what is extreme these days.. is the Propaganda

Comment

I don't think that there is any evidence of a conspiracy that rewards scientists with funding for "towing the party line". In fact it would surprise me greatly if there weren't great rewards on offer from industry for holding the opposite view.

The fact is that there is an overwhelming scientific consensus that a) the earth is warming up and b) it is being heavily influenced by the activities of the human race.

Here is a graph showing the trend in average global temperatures over the last hundred years or so:

Pointing out relative decreases in global temperature over a decade is ignoring the overall trend which suggests that global temperatures are increasing over time.
                  Where is the arrow that points to iceage? Nearly every legitimate scientist worth their salt will tell you that global warming is happening, but not because of humans. We are emerging from an ice age...

Comment

Man made global warming is bull****. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                    X