Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read the Bible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot go to a church that has its African Missionaries discourage condom use in countries overrun with AIDS.

I just don't like the idea of someone's 'salvation' being more important than their quality of life.
    Last edited by LuKahnLi; 09-24-2004, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedRaw
      I think if ur faith is really important to u, like it is to my mother, its unessary to discuss it. If it aint broke dont fix it (is that the expression?)
      I went to church every week for 17 years, but realised i was happier without it, my belief is fairly straight forward. If God is all knowing and truly loving He will want for me wat makes me happy. If im happy people around me are happy and so on. SPREAD THE LOVE PEOPLE! lol

They are important to me...I feel like I should be thankful to Him for saving my life two different times and the life of my child too. And if I truly believed that this is all there is; that all the pain and suffering in the world was for nothing and there was nothing to look forward to then I wouldnt want to get out of the bed every morning. I dont think anyone should live a miserable existence, as long as youre not harming other's, etc...the "fun" is good. I just cant stand to read Jesus or God being called bad names...know what I mean? It's worse than somebody calling my mom names. I've not felt like crying in a long time, I'm not a weepy kind of girl, but this stuff honestly makes me feel sad. Not looking for sympathy, just trying to explain where I'm coming from.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuKahnLi
        I cannot go to a church that has its African Missionaries discourage condom use in countries overrun with AIDS.
        Ouch, thats another BIG ASS can of worms!!!

Comment

I think if ur faith is really important to u, like it is to my mother, its unessary to discuss it. If it aint broke dont fix it (is that the expression?)
          I went to church every week for 17 years, but realised i was happier without it, my belief is fairly straight forward. If God is all knowing and truly loving He will want for me wat makes me happy. If im happy people around me are happy and so on. SPREAD THE LOVE PEOPLE! lol
          Don’t ask me for the chapter or verse but in the bible it does say that the people are the church, not the building.

One thin I cant get over is how all the religions think they are all right, Example my wife is Church of Christ, their church is the right one b/c Jesus told Peter to build his church on this rock, who's church? Christ. My Mom and Dad are catholic, don’t even get me started on that. Follow the bible this and that. Whatever just live your life, if Jesus died for our sins then, what do you have to worry about?

Comment

Ouch, thats another BIG ASS can of worms!!!
            Handing out comdom's saves lives; and refusing to do so is not going to stop the population from having sex. I guess they think they're condoning that behavior if they give them out, but I dont think that way

( I quoted the wrong quote!! Still improving in that area boy's)

Comment

• "They are important to me...I feel like I should be thankful to Him for saving my life two different times and the life of my child too. And if I truly believed that this is all there is; that all the pain and suffering in the world was for nothing and there was nothing to look forward to then I wouldnt want to get out of the bed every morning. I dont think anyone should live a miserable existence, as long as youre not harming other's, etc...the "fun" is good. I just cant stand to read Jesus or God being called bad names...know what I mean? It's worse than somebody calling my mom names. I've not felt like crying in a long time, I'm not a weepy kind of girl, but this stuff honestly makes me feel sad. Not looking for sympathy, just trying to explain where I'm coming from."

Tracy,

Try to understand that many of us feel there is a difference between Faith and Religion, God and Church, Christ and Christianity. Just cuz we bash church, doesn't mean we are bashing God. Because we bash Christiantiy, doesn't mean we are talking bad about Christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by tracylee
                Handing out comdom's saves lives; and refusing to do so is not going to stop the population from having sex. I guess they think they're condoning that behavior if they give them out, but I dont think that way
                Neither do I. And it is this attitude the church has taken which makes me not care for it.

Comment

"They are important to me...I feel like I should be thankful to Him for saving my life two different times and the life of my child too. And if I truly believed that this is all there is; that all the pain and suffering in the world was for nothing and there was nothing to look forward to then I wouldnt want to get out of the bed every morning. I dont think anyone should live a miserable existence, as long as youre not harming other's, etc...the "fun" is good. I just cant stand to read Jesus or God being called bad names...know what I mean? It's worse than somebody calling my mom names. I've not felt like crying in a long time, I'm not a weepy kind of girl, but this stuff honestly makes me feel sad. Not looking for sympathy, just trying to explain where I'm coming from."

Tracy,

Try to understand that many of us feel there is a difference between Faith and Religion, God and Church, Christ and Christianity. Just cuz we bash church, doesn't mean we are bashing God. Because we bash Christiantiy, doesn't mean we are talking bad about Christ.
                  I completely understand what youre saying. That's why I dont go to church anymore. Some of the biggest phonies and liars are preacher's; unfortunately.
                  One of my favorite song's is by the band Suicidal Tendacies and it's called "Send Me Your Money" and thats what the whole song is about. Very funny stuff really!

Comment

• Originally posted by tracylee
                    I completely understand what youre saying. That's why I dont go to church anymore. Some of the biggest phonies and liars are preacher's; unfortunately.
                    One of my favorite song's is by the band Suicidal Tendacies and it's called "Send Me Your Money" and thats what the whole song is about. Very funny stuff really!

Cool. We are on the same page then.....

Comment

Cool. We are on the same page then.....
                      Seem's that way...I sent you and RedRaw good Karma just so you'd know that I wasnt taking any of it persoanl. Everybody has views, and it does seem like so many reverends and preachers do their best to confuse the issue more and line their pockets. When I was just 10 we pulled into the parking lot of the church we had always gone to, and my Dad opened my door, let me out, took 3 steps and stopped....then he opened my door, put me back in and we left; never went back. I asked him why not. He said that the preacher had raised money for a car to visit the elderly, etc.. (Dad had donated) and that was fine...but he didnt need a Lincoln Towncar to do it with. (That was the first time the preacher had driven his new car to church) I havent been to church since; except when my daughter got baptised.

Comment

Working...
                      X