Collapse
No announcement yet.

fall out 4 anyone playing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and build a pc and get this. Dell has a sick xbone deal. $300 for gears of war fallout 4 and an extra controller. That's almost too good to pass up but oh well

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      This right here. It's on the Perk chart I was talking about, which is a little confusing at first but when you level up just go through them and keep an eye on one's that sound good for you and your character. My early priorities were Gun Nut, Lock Picking and Hacking. You level up a lot in this game so don't stress too hard about which ones too choose as you'll have plenty more opportunities.
      ok nice. it does seem a bit daunting but I love the fact Ill be going at that list of perks for ages. Usually 100%-ing a game is relatively quick but this definitely seems like you get your money's worth lol

Comment

Another thing I noticed as i'm trying to build up my other settlements: I wish they would connect your workshops. I've put all the junk and crap I have in my Sanctuary workshop and it sucks cause unless I have the perks up I cant travel while over encumbered, so it makes it hard to build generators and stuff like that unless I have the parts on me at that time. I'm hoping with a patch they allow this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Another thing I noticed as i'm trying to build up my other settlements: I wish they would connect your workshops. I've put all the junk and crap I have in my Sanctuary workshop and it sucks cause unless I have the perks up I cant travel while over encumbered, so it makes it hard to build generators and stuff like that unless I have the parts on me at that time. I'm hoping with a patch they allow this to happen.
          You can do that as one of the perks, it lets you assign settlers to link up routes between your workshops. Community Leader is good to get for building up settlements.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            You can do that as one of the perks, it lets you assign settlers to link up routes between your workshops. Community Leader is good to get for building up settlements.
            I've connected settlements but it hasn't allowed me to use things in my other workshops. Hmm, maybe i'm just looking at it wrong. Gonna have to go in and link all of them to Sanctuary cause that's where I hold all my junk. I was under the impression it just links your resources but not your workshops.

Comment

Did you create a supply line? I mentioned it a page or two ago. Go to a settlement, enter workshop mode, select a settler and then select Supply Line, then select the settlement you want the line to. This settler now walks a path connecting the two settlements.

The way it works is the settlements piggyback off eachother, so you don't want or can't have a supply line from all your settlements going straight to Sanctuary Hills, rather they all need to be connected together so you have Settlement A in a line to Sanctuary Hills, then Settlement B is in a line to A, and C to B and so on. When you're looking at your map in your Pip boy, you can view your supply line. This way you can see which settlement connects to where.

So here is an example of starting a supply line:

And here is another with more settlements, although this persons line is kind of ******ed but you get the idea:

You need to have the LOCAL LEADER perk under charisma in order to unlock the supply line, I'm pretty sure.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 11-26-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Here is mine, I had to take two pictures since you can zoom out fully, but I think my supply line makes a little more sense compared to the example I posted above:

Comment

I just hooked it up man, thanks. Was able to build water purifiers in my towns. Taking breaks in between watching football to build up my settlements.

Comment

I just hooked it up man, thanks. Was able to build water purifiers in my towns. Taking breaks in between watching football to build up my settlements.
                    I think the only stuff that isn't shared is food and maybe water, since the settlers need that at each one but I'm not entirely sure.

I always wonder how the **** some of these people build such massive settlements, like they have an endless supply of materials. I run out eventually. They probably cheat on PCs. I noticed you can buy shipments of materials from merchants, but it's typically pretty expensive like 1-2 thousand caps and I rarely ever have more than 2-3k in caps on me. Sometimes I'll stumble across someone with a good deal, like 600 caps for a shipment of cement or whatever. Gotta stack up my caps better.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      I think the only stuff that isn't shared is food and maybe water, since the settlers need that at each one but I'm not entirely sure.

I always wonder how the **** some of these people build such massive settlements, like they have an endless supply of materials. I run out eventually. They probably cheat on PCs. I noticed you can buy shipments of materials from merchants, but it's typically pretty expensive like 1-2 thousand caps and I rarely ever have more than 2-3k in caps on me. Sometimes I'll stumble across someone with a good deal, like 600 caps for a shipment of cement or whatever. Gotta stack up my caps better.
                      My settlements are starting to come around. Setting up recruitment beacons, junk piles so they can contribute to my workshop, also setting up power and defense. I can't remember the name of the settlement, but it's the one where it's all just robot workers, I didn't want to really set up anything but defense cause they are doing good on their own and don't need beds or anything. Just set up a supply line though so they can help out other settlements.

This game is too serious man . Got me caring about settlers happiness and whether or not everything in my town is good.

I have a ridiculous amount of materials though due to previously only building up Sanctuary. I can see myself running low on things in the future like stuff for generators and such, so i'm gonna have to grind and get back out there. Gotta remember to set up those scavenging stations in every town and assign someone to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X