No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Is Official

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post

Gonna be dope. Supposed to be out 2021....I think? Just got the RE2 remake...couldnt be happier
    RE4 is still a few years out I think.

I also don't see how RE8/Village comes out in 2021 and then RE4 Remake in the same year. Those are two big triple A games that need the company's full attention. The earliest I see RE4 remake come out would be 2022, and more realistically would be early 2023...like Jan-May 2023. The game is absolutely in development though, but according to multiple reliable sources, it has gotten a big change and a change in dev teams that will delay it. Hence why it may come out early 2023. Good news is the dev team that was brought in for RE4 remake is Capcom Division 1, who are the main developers of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry. The dev team working on RE4 remake first was M-Two, who developed RE3 remake, which got somewhat mediocre reviews. After those reviews came out, Capcom decided to bring in the original team to remake RE4 remake. Which makes sense as RE4 is Capcom's highest rated game of all time, so they don't want the remake of that game to mediocre or have fans and critics going "meh" it's ok. Like a lot people say RE2 of 1998 was better, but the overwhelming majority, and critics, rate the game higher than the original. And that's likely Capcom's aim with RE4 remake. And i'm not mad at that. Make a great game, take your time, instead of rushing it.
    #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

Working...
    X