Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying out deadspace for the 1st time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got some chills and a few jumps playing the deadspace series(played first and the demo for the second)

re4 i never even saw as a horror game, first time i've seen someone say it scared them lol, i always just felt real cool and badass blowing villagers heads, knee-capping fools and roundhousing them

anyway, loved the first deadspace game, this thread makes me want to get back into it, completely forgot about the series

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      got some chills and a few jumps playing the deadspace series(played first and the demo for the second)

re4 i never even saw as a horror game, first time i've seen someone say it scared them lol, i always just felt real cool and badass blowing villagers heads, knee-capping fools and roundhousing them

anyway, loved the first deadspace game, this thread makes me want to get back into it, completely forgot about the series
      1 and 2 were very good. I think 3 is the best so far. Although it is a little different than the 1st 2 gameplay wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Ether has nothing to do with this conversation. I'm talking about my own experience playing through the game a dozen times on three different platforms.

(The original Gamecube release when it was exclusive, the PS2 release, and the version available on PSN/XBL.)

A ****load of gold that's incredibly easy to get your hands on due to every enemy in the game dropping gold or ammo (which can be sold for gold) when they die. Not to mention the huge variety of treasures valued at 2,000-10,000 gold that are scattered throughout the game.

I'm not talking about the infinite rocket launcher. I'm talking about the one shot rocket launcher that you can buy from the weapons merchant at any time you want for a paltry 10,000 gold a pop. You can stock up on those things super early in the game.

I'm being completely fair. The arsenal of weapons in that game is ridiculous and they're incredibly easy to max out early due to how easy it is to farm gold.

The game literally poses no threat of dying once you have one or two guns maxed out : I did an entire run-through simply with a maxed out Red9 pistol.
        There's no farming in Resident Evil 4, farming comes in RE5-6, where you save and quit the game and every treasure you found saves in your inventory and reloads so you can get them again.

This is some very biased stuff i'm reading, you say you love RE4 but you sound more like junior gong saying he loves Floyd but proceeds to sh-t on him.

Why would any one keep buying 1 missile, $10k rocket launchers throughout the game? Especially some one who is trying to save money for upgrades, which are expensive.

I repeat, there is no farming in Resident Evil 4. You have to actually go through the entire game to stack up points, over and over. Bosses do not respawn, once you find a treasure, it's gone. I shook my head IRL reading this stuff, it is so full of false comments it took me a day to respond because I really wanted to leave it here. I still don't know what to say really, we'll agree to disagree.

Comment

Dead Space is great. Dead Space 2 is also great. Especially the bit where you end up back on the now-decommissioned Ishimura and basically nothing attacks you for about twenty minutes... all you encounter are odd sounds and the horror of your memory. (Highlight for spoilers)

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Dead Space is great. Dead Space 2 is also great. Especially the bit where you end up back on the now-decommissioned Ishimura and basically nothing attacks you for about twenty minutes... all you encounter are odd sounds and the horror of your memory. (Highlight for spoilers)
            Ohh I was telling my guys at work about that. Nothing for a nail bitingly long amount of time then heaps and heaps with no end in sight!!

Comment

Dead Space 3 was poor imo.. as usual the makers wanted to try and make it appeal more to the mainstream.. made it more action orientated and moved it away from what it was in the first 2..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                There's no farming in Resident Evil 4, farming comes in RE5-6, where you save and quit the game and every treasure you found saves in your inventory and reloads so you can get them again.

This is some very biased stuff i'm reading, you say you love RE4 but you sound more like junior gong saying he loves Floyd but proceeds to sh-t on him.

Why would any one keep buying 1 missile, $10k rocket launchers throughout the game? Especially some one who is trying to save money for upgrades, which are expensive.

I repeat, there is no farming in Resident Evil 4. You have to actually go through the entire game to stack up points, over and over. Bosses do not respawn, once you find a treasure, it's gone. I shook my head IRL reading this stuff, it is so full of false comments it took me a day to respond because I really wanted to leave it here. I still don't know what to say really, we'll agree to disagree.
                I'm not talking about farming gold in RE4 by quitting and reloading chapters, you can easily farm gold in RE4 duplicating and farming chicken eggs if the mood strikes you. Other than that, you can farm those fish in that one area in the beginning of the game, you can sell the special rocket launcher at the end of the end game $100K a piece, etc..

Like I said, it's easy to farm. You just refuse to see it for whatever reason.

RE4 is a great action game. Period.

Comment

Never played it heard it was some creepy **** but i'm playing metro Last light on pc right now i would recomend it as horror survival game, got it with my new nvidia, and i gotta say this alone makes the card worth it,old school resident evil nemesis creepy and strippers that is a 9.0 right there.

Comment

I don't see how anyone can not like Deadspace 3. Sure it deviates from the 1st 2 slightly. However the gameplay, storyline and new gun-assembly system more than make up for that. I mean you get to look like ironman flying as you spend significant amounts of time in space. You get to pilot a spaceship crashing into the atmosphere. And you have more than just a spaceship or a hospital to explore. Plus it's longer than the 1st 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      So far so good. Smooth gameplay for the age. I've only encountered 2 guns so far.
                      Its all MacGyver ish in that game. Loved the first two. Havent played 3. I didn't get the love the first 2 got kind of like batman arkham origins.

Comment

Working...
                      X