Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my hands on the demo and I concue with bojangles on this one : I was wholly disappointed. Furthermore I revisited RE5 since playing the RE6 demo and played it for a whopping 5 minutes or so before coming to the conclusion that it's a complete and utter piece of **** not worth revisiting, even for the few trophies/achievements I have left to get on it.

Had it not had the 'Resident Evil' title RE5 wouldn't have sold half as many units as it ended up selling, it's literally a carbon copy of any other third person shooter on the market and the RE6 demo struck me the same way.

You could call these games anything and it wouldn't even matter. RE5 should've been called 'Killswitch : Africa' or something, and 6 should just be called 'Tom Clancy's Resident Evil'.

That's not to say I won't be buying RE6 at some point in the future when I get into a gaming lull, it's just to say I won't shell out more than 25 bucks for it because I don't think it's worthy of 60 bucks when other more fulfilling titles like 'Borderlands 2' are out there to be bought.

Besides, as much as I cherish the company's prior works - I refuse to pay Capcom 60 dollars to **** me up the ass any longer. They did it with 'Resident Evil 5', they did it with 'Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City', they did it with 'Street Fighter IV', and they tried to do it again with the 'Devil May Cry' "HD Collection".

They're almost as ****ty a company as Square/Enix is these days : Merely making a living by repackaging iconic titles from years ago that no longer compete with current products.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Leon's part was okay, but you can melee through the entire thing with little trouble. The second time through, I literally only used the gun the one time you had to, when the zombies are in the doorway, otherwise I went through using the melee. The zombies can take four or five shots to the head before dying, which I don't like.

Chris and Jake both suffered the same problem, they are straightforward shooting with really dumb enemies. The shooting is a downgrade from RE5, the enemies don't react to shots.. Playing as either Chris or Jake was like playing any other average shooter trying to rip off Gears of War.

In general, enemies are really dumb and the graphics are worse than RE5.
      Is there an option to play the game in harder difficulty? I forgot if I saw that on the demo. But like every RE game, easy difficulty will be pretty easy. Enemies will be dumb and easy to kill. You can go back to RE1, when you put it in easy mode, the game is pretty easy.

I know what you mean with Chris and Jake, they are very similar. I am disappointed that they basically stripped the horror element from Chris. Which started in RE5. Now, I just take Chris for what he is, which is a military combat character. I grew up with RE and it's really the only title that has survived through all of the generations. It has had to adjust to new fans while trying it's best to keep it's old fans[which apparently they've done a bad job at]. Sadly, things can't always stay the same. Capcom is a business first and if they have very stiff competition nowadays.

This game seems fun and I will buy it when it comes out. I would say "Maybe for Resident Evil 7 they'll go back to real Survivor Horror", but that's exactly what everyone was hoping for in RE6. It's just not gonna happen. The best they could do is just do remakes of 1-3 and add some storyline to them, make them better.

Like Jay-Z said "N-ggas want my old sh-t, buy my old albums".

You want the old Resident Evil, buy the old Resident Evil.

If you're not going to give us survival horror anymore, just give us some damn remakes of RE 1-3 with PS3 graphics, that would be awesome. How hard is that to do for a huge company like Capcom.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Is there an option to play the game in harder difficulty? I forgot if I saw that on the demo. But like every RE game, easy difficulty will be pretty easy. Enemies will be dumb and easy to kill. You can go back to RE1, when you put it in easy mode, the game is pretty easy.

I know what you mean with Chris and Jake, they are very similar. I am disappointed that they basically stripped the horror element from Chris. Which started in RE5. Now, I just take Chris for what he is, which is a military combat character. I grew up with RE and it's really the only title that has survived through all of the generations. It has had to adjust to new fans while trying it's best to keep it's old fans[which apparently they've done a bad job at]. Sadly, things can't always stay the same. Capcom is a business first and if they have very stiff competition nowadays.

This game seems fun and I will buy it when it comes out. I would say "Maybe for Resident Evil 7 they'll go back to real Survivor Horror", but that's exactly what everyone was hoping for in RE6. It's just not gonna happen. The best they could do is just do remakes of 1-3 and add some storyline to them, make them better.

Like Jay-Z said "N-ggas want my old sh-t, buy my old albums".

You want the old Resident Evil, buy the old Resident Evil.

If you're not going to give us survival horror anymore, just give us some damn remakes of RE 1-3 with PS3 graphics, that would be awesome. How hard is that to do for a huge company like Capcom.
        RE4 and RE5 didn't have enemies THAT dumb on normal difficulty. I'm hoping it's just the demo, and that the actual game will be better, but I'm just comparing the demo to those two games and it was a pretty big disappointment. Seemed really uninspired.

If they really wanted to gain new fans and keep old ones, they'd keep it similar to RE4. That or take a page from Dead Space, which balances action and horror. They seem to be trying to get rid of any fans that liked the survival horror aspect of the franchise.

I'm hoping the actual game is better. But now I'll just rent it or borrow it from someone, see how I like it before I consider buying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Finally got my hands on the demo and I concue with bojangles on this one : I was wholly disappointed. Furthermore I revisited RE5 since playing the RE6 demo and played it for a whopping 5 minutes or so before coming to the conclusion that it's a complete and utter piece of **** not worth revisiting, even for the few trophies/achievements I have left to get on it.

Had it not had the 'Resident Evil' title RE5 wouldn't have sold half as many units as it ended up selling, it's literally a carbon copy of any other third person shooter on the market and the RE6 demo struck me the same way.

You could call these games anything and it wouldn't even matter. RE5 should've been called 'Killswitch : Africa' or something, and 6 should just be called 'Tom Clancy's Resident Evil'.

That's not to say I won't be buying RE6 at some point in the future when I get into a gaming lull, it's just to say I won't shell out more than 25 bucks for it because I don't think it's worthy of 60 bucks when other more fulfilling titles like 'Borderlands 2' are out there to be bought.

Besides, as much as I cherish the company's prior works - I refuse to pay Capcom 60 dollars to **** me up the ass any longer. They did it with 'Resident Evil 5', they did it with 'Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City', they did it with 'Street Fighter IV', and they tried to do it again with the 'Devil May Cry' "HD Collection".

They're almost as ****ty a company as Square/Enix is these days : Merely making a living by repackaging iconic titles from years ago that no longer compete with current products.
          Are you talking crap about Street Fighter 4 as a game, or because they had a super edition come out a year later? Because Street Fighter 4 is a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Are you talking crap about Street Fighter 4 as a game, or because they had a super edition come out a year later? Because Street Fighter 4 is a great game.
            I was talking about the "Super" edition coming out a year later with more game modes and 10 other playable characters. It seemed to me that they could've just postponed the release of the first version by a few months to go ahead and release it with the enhanced game modes and extra characters, had they not been money grubbing ****s, that is.

Comment

I was talking about the "Super" edition coming out a year later with more game modes and 10 other playable characters. It seemed to me that they could've just postponed the release of the first version by a few months to go ahead and release it with the enhanced game modes and extra characters, had they not been money grubbing ****s, that is.
              Almost everyone is a money grabbing ****, unfortunately.

Comment

• That's fine, just don't go ruining classic (or even new) gaming franchises along the way.

Capcom single handedly destroyed the 'Resident Evil' series, as well as the 'Devil May Cry' series, the 'Megaman X' series and even Marvel vs. Capcom. Not to mention some amazing games that deserved sequels but never got them because Capcom was busy spending the money elsewhere on rehashed dog****.

Games like 'Okami' and 'Viewtiful Joe' deserved full length sequels. 'Okami' was a ****ing masterpiece and Capcom just flushed it down the toilet.

Comment

That's fine, just don't go ruining classic (or even new) gaming franchises along the way.

Capcom single handedly destroyed the 'Resident Evil' series, as well as the 'Devil May Cry' series, the 'Megaman X' series and even Marvel vs. Capcom. Not to mention some amazing games that deserved sequels but never got them because Capcom was busy spending the money elsewhere on rehashed dog****.

Games like 'Okami' and 'Viewtiful Joe' deserved full length sequels. 'Okami' was a ****ing masterpiece and Capcom just flushed it down the toilet.
                  I am waiting for a Monster Hunter for Playstation 3 or PS Vista but nada however they put it on the ****ty DS

Comment

• Originally posted by Malius View Post
                    I am waiting for a Monster Hunter for Playstation 3 or PS Vista but nada however they put it on the ****ty DS
                    That decision probably had the Japanese demographic in mind as it's highly popular there and Nintendo is kicking Sony's ass handily in that particular market. Console gaming is dying a slow death in Japan - It's all about handhelds nowadays. Sure, there are still diehard Japanese gamers who buy PS3s and even 360s (seen as the gaming console for nerds in Japan), but overall the market has shifted dramatically since the arrival of the PSP, DS, and even cellphone gaming.

Comment

• Finally, just to clarify incase I'm being viewed as a "Capcom hater" - It couldn't be further from the truth. I've been a huge fan of Capcom's body of work since I started gaming on the NES back in 1990. I grew up as a youth on **** like 'Street Fighter', 'Final Fight', and 'Megaman'. In my teen years I became a diehard fan of stuff ranging from 'Resident Evil' and 'Devil May Cry', to 'Power Stone' and 'Onimusha', to 'Monster Hunter' and 'Okami', to 'God Hand', 'Dead Rising', and even 'Dino Crisis', among others I'm sure I'm failing to recall right now.

So I'm not some idiotic hater who just loathes the company - I ****ing love that company. It's just sad to see the bad decisions they've made over the last several years with some of their most iconic franchises. I wish they'd get their **** together again, because very few companies in this industry have the kind of expansive library of licenses and the creative track record to back it that they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X