No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V (Official Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    I would sum up the games greatness just by saying everything feels and looks amazing. Its somehow way more fun to simply drive or even walk around than in previous GTA's.

In the same way RDR was a beautifully made game, this combines GTA 4 with RDR. The random events on the streets, the missions, the special abilities of each character, and just messing around on the mountains and country. I only do a mission every now and again. Too much fun exploring everything.

First time i flew a plane, the city and countryside below looked like a small model. As if it was a real physical place, as oppose to just a computer graphic.
    Im still amazed by the graphics and detail to weather, phases of the moon, overheard conversations and reactions of the public.
    Lots of references to previous GTA's are amusing.
    Agree with everything you wrote here. I laughed when a radio advert came on for Brucie Kibbutz range of protein shakes. Brucie was a beast!!

Comment

• Man cars get damaged easily... I suppose thats realistic though... sometimes I make it 3 blocks in a new truck only for the wheel to get torn sideways

I still cant get over the graphics... This looks next generation.

GTA 6 on PS4 will be earth shattering..... this already is.

Comment

• 100 little things in GTA 5 that will blow your mind

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/3...blow-your-mind

Comment

• Tried to install GTAV Online, but each time the PS3 crashed forcing me to hard reset from the mains. Not worth breaking my PS3 over so I might wait until tonight before I try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            Man cars get damaged easily... I suppose thats realistic though... sometimes I make it 3 blocks in a new truck only for the wheel to get torn sideways

I still cant get over the graphics... This looks next generation.

GTA 6 on PS4 will be earth shattering..... this already is.
            I spent an hour trying to drive this Merriweather jeep I stole 2 miles with both front tires missing. Just dragging it in reverse. I wanted to try to mod it but i realized that...."Ain't nobody got time fo dat!''

Comment

• Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
              I spent an hour trying to drive this Merriweather jeep I stole 2 miles with both front tires missing. Just dragging it in reverse. I wanted to try to mod it but i realized that...."Ain't nobody got time fo dat!''

Comment

• Originally posted by BetterCallSaul View Post
                Tried to install GTAV Online, but each time the PS3 crashed forcing me to hard reset from the mains. Not worth breaking my PS3 over so I might wait until tonight before I try again.
                my ps3 didnt crash but it lets u login but not start playing, who knows how long it will take to get up and going, sucks they dont have it ready at launch

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  I would sum up the games greatness just by saying everything feels and looks amazing. Its somehow way more fun to simply drive or even walk around than in previous GTA's.

In the same way RDR was a beautifully made game, this combines GTA 4 with RDR. The random events on the streets, the missions, the special abilities of each character, and just messing around on the mountains and country. I only do a mission every now and again. Too much fun exploring everything.

First time i flew a plane, the city and countryside below looked like a small model. As if it was a real physical place, as oppose to just a computer graphic.
                  Im still amazed by the graphics and detail to weather, phases of the moon, overheard conversations and reactions of the public.
                  Lots of references to previous GTA's are amusing.
                  yes you must pay attention to the detail of the city and how huge it is the graphics are amazing and shows what the future of gaming holds for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Switching between characters at nearly any time.
                    Switching between characters in the mission to complete the mission.
                    Missions are more complex (not overly so) and offer a degree of customisation through choosing your crew in heists (which occur a number of times in GTA5 but only once in GTA4).
                    Better graphics.
                    Better driving.
                    Better options for checking your stats and your friends on PSN.
                    Potentially the best story or at least a VERY strong story.
                    Different weapons/cars/music.
                    Each of the 3 characters has their own storyline and it links at times for the key story missions but you have plenty of things to do on your own too.
                    You can invest in the stock market to earn $$$.

I may have forgot a few things but there you go. I finished GTA4 a year ago and played the Ballad of Gay Tony (quit in the helicopter mission due to how frustrating it is on the PC) and this game just offers SO much more. I tried playing Vice City/San Andreas a few months ago for the first time since those games initially came out, but on PC and they do not translate well on the PC in terms of controls so I just gave up quickly.

I'm not a big fan of the music though tbh, Vice City probably had the best music. San Andreas introduced a lot of character customisation. GTA4 was a step down in a number of ways but it was a SIGNIFICANT graphical improvement. GTA5 feels to me how GTA4 SHOULD have been like. It's one of the few games that feels like it would be at home on the next-gen consoles. An overall great game, not perfect but what game is...it is well worth the buy and online isn't even released yet.

-Music (has some gems but I guess it's subjective)
                    -FPS drops (apparently this is a problem on the 360 but it seems to be happening on MY PS3 too).
                    -The switching characters on the PS3 is a fair bit slower than the 360.
                    -The Social Club sucks, lags out or just doesn't work at times.
                    -iFRUIT should have been ready for both Android and Apple both at launch.
                    I'm sold! I'll get my copy this weekend.

Comment

• I just got ate by a shark haha. I didn't even know they had sharks in this game. Got a trophy for it too. All the little things make this game so sweet. Yesterday I saw a few criminals involved in a gunfight with the police, so I sniped the criminals and then the police chased after me? I was doing them gits a favor, and that's the thanks I get? I stole the hospital helicopter and suicide dived into them *****es. Managed to dive out just before I died and got chased to the airport where I stole a little jet and made my getaway to Trevor's air hangar. Jumped out of the plane and watched it crash into Sandy Shores as I floated to safety. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X