No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V (Official Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    I'm about I about to be a Billionaire with all 3 characters.

What you have to do is save Lester's assassination missions for last, the only one that is required for you to do to advance the story is very 1st one, after that you can beat the main story line and still have the rest of Lester's missions.

Each of his missions affect the stock market.

You invest ALL of your money with all 3 characters prior to these missions. So if you've beaten the game you'll have around $30 mill each to invest.

2nd assassination mission causes Betapharma to go up by 50%, so if you invested $35 mill you'll get around $50+ million when you sell it.

3rd assassination is for Debonaire vs Redwood cigs. Assassinate the 6 jurors, after that Debonaire will max out at 80%, that's an increase of around 40 mill so when you sell it you'll have around 90 mill.

Although Redwood cigs took a hit you must invest in them immediately following you selling Debonaire. Over the next 48 hours (in game) their stocks will shoot up from the negatives to over 300%. That brings you around $400 million.

(4th doesn't matter)

5th assassination you will invest in Fruit on Bawsaq Stocks, invest your 400 mill and you'll get an 80% increase.

6th assassination you invest in GDC, Gold Coast development. I think it maxes out near 50%.

Google "Lester assassination mission stock market" to learn morel although almost nobody knows about Redwood increasing by 300%.
    ****, I did those early, I did invest but since I did them so early I didn't get nearly that kind of money. I didn't know if they were required or not and did them all right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      ****, I did those early, I did invest but since I did them so early I didn't get nearly that kind of money. I didn't know if they were required or not and did them all right away.
      Same here, I wound up reloading it before I did the missions and ran through the main story line. Since I knew where everything was, skipped the dialogue/scenes and took cabs everywhere it didn't take me more than a few hours to beat it.

I wound up making $1.5 billion with each guy following all those steps, more money than I could ever spend.

One of the things you can do when online comes out are heists, I have a feeling money earned online will be transferable to the campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Same here, I wound up reloading it before I did the missions and ran through the main story line. Since I knew where everything was, skipped the dialogue/scenes and took cabs everywhere it didn't take me more than a few hours to beat it.

I wound up making $1.5 billion with each guy following all those steps, more money than I could ever spend.

One of the things you can do when online comes out are heists, I have a feeling money earned online will be transferable to the campaign.
        Daaaaamn I've done all of the assassination missions and I've yet to finish the story. Sack it, all I want is the Platinum Trophy, I don't care about the dollars.

I'm hearing money online WON'T be transferable to campaign at all. Micro transactions are apparently leaked, meaning everything in story differs from online, including value of currency and cost of certain items

Comment

• Lol I ****ed up and apparently wasn't listening closely, did a mission for Lester, invested ALLof my money with Franklin....... in the wrong company i have zero dollars now haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Underboss View Post
            I finished the storyline today morning and i must say the ending sucks. The whole storyline gets an 8.5 overall.

San Andreas and V.C's storyline > GTA IV & V.

Now it's time to explore the huge open world.
            It's definitely better than San Andreas. San Andreas had a **** story about halfway through San Fierro. By the time you're nearly done with Las Venturas it's awful.

Comment

• So what's so new about this game compared to previous GTA?

Comment

• [IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/G/A/f/1GAfQ/208158_slide.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/G/A/f/1GAfN/208141_slide.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/G/A/f/1GAfM/208134_slide.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
                  So what's so new about this game compared to previous GTA?
                  feets are much more realistic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
                    So what's so new about this game compared to previous GTA?
                    Switching between characters at nearly any time.
                    Switching between characters in the mission to complete the mission.
                    Missions are more complex (not overly so) and offer a degree of customisation through choosing your crew in heists (which occur a number of times in GTA5 but only once in GTA4).
                    Better graphics.
                    Better driving.
                    Better options for checking your stats and your friends on PSN.
                    Potentially the best story or at least a VERY strong story.
                    Different weapons/cars/music.
                    Each of the 3 characters has their own storyline and it links at times for the key story missions but you have plenty of things to do on your own too.
                    You can invest in the stock market to earn $$$.

I may have forgot a few things but there you go. I finished GTA4 a year ago and played the Ballad of Gay Tony (quit in the helicopter mission due to how frustrating it is on the PC) and this game just offers SO much more. I tried playing Vice City/San Andreas a few months ago for the first time since those games initially came out, but on PC and they do not translate well on the PC in terms of controls so I just gave up quickly.

I'm not a big fan of the music though tbh, Vice City probably had the best music. San Andreas introduced a lot of character customisation. GTA4 was a step down in a number of ways but it was a SIGNIFICANT graphical improvement. GTA5 feels to me how GTA4 SHOULD have been like. It's one of the few games that feels like it would be at home on the next-gen consoles. An overall great game, not perfect but what game is...it is well worth the buy and online isn't even released yet.

-Music (has some gems but I guess it's subjective)
                    -FPS drops (apparently this is a problem on the 360 but it seems to be happening on MY PS3 too).
                    -The switching characters on the PS3 is a fair bit slower than the 360.
                    -The Social Club sucks, lags out or just doesn't work at times.
                    -iFRUIT should have been ready for both Android and Apple both at launch.

Comment

• I would sum up the games greatness just by saying everything feels and looks amazing. Its somehow way more fun to simply drive or even walk around than in previous GTA's.

In the same way RDR was a beautifully made game, this combines GTA 4 with RDR. The random events on the streets, the missions, the special abilities of each character, and just messing around on the mountains and country. I only do a mission every now and again. Too much fun exploring everything.

First time i flew a plane, the city and countryside below looked like a small model. As if it was a real physical place, as oppose to just a computer graphic.
                      Im still amazed by the graphics and detail to weather, phases of the moon, overheard conversations and reactions of the public.
                      Lots of references to previous GTA's are amusing.

Comment

Working...
                      X