Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNR5 2011-what changes do you want to see?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDB15 View Post
    someone said that fnr4 should have a great career mode where you actually go to the gym choose anything to train on, be able to buy homes, cars. (basically live the life of your boxer, i think this would be good but it's probably too much to do and a lot of people wouldnt like it, but they could make it as a setting that you can change, or simulate.

keep the customising character, like gloves, shorts etc.

have more things to train on, like speedbag, mitts, skipping, go running (even though i dont know how you could play that) aswell as what they have in this. i like it that you can just do training and you can choose whoever you want to do it with, that annoyed me in fnr3 cos you could only use gatti.

have way more fighters, ufc 2011 or 2010 whichever one is coming out next, has a huge list of fighters. in fnr4 bantamweight i think it was only has one fighter what is the point in that. you have to have people like mayweather, klitschkos, khan, bradley, alexander, berto, haye, froch, kessler. i think that was the biggest problem with fnr4.

unlimited CAB's as american yeti said, think it was him

sort the weightclasses out, they had super middleweights in light- heavyweight.

have all weight classes online.

change weight class whenever in your career

have bare knuckle fighting and ring rivalries

have the corner game like fnr3

better facial damage, bigger cuts, more swelling, broken noses, broken jaws etc.

the ref should step in if they hardly hit you and your pounding them or the other way round

more effective punches, jab should inflict more damage and so should body punches. like equilibrium has been saying they shouldnt be able to take as much as they do.

The career mode and create a boxer needs more style customization. Like under the punching style there needs to be a few more options. Like "whipping hooks" the kind Barrera throws. Or "short punches" like Calzaghe. make them have benefits. Short punches taking less energy and allowing you to combo them up easier.

We need boxers to be able to actually throw on the move now as well, they took it away in fnr4. This would get rid of the "I hit you, you hit me at the same time crap". Make a jab a more notable weapon. You shouldn't be able to walk through a jab without slipping it. If you run into a jab your punch should either not land or be sloppy and weak. Nobody can throw a sharp punch while not being able to see and eating a hard jab. Same goes for any punch. You run into a right hand you aren't going to keep coming.

Make different kinds of jabs of course to. Lazy Paul Williams jabs, Sharp hard Hearns jabs, Heavy slow Foreman/Liston jabs Whipping jabs Ali/Holmes
    Last edited by them_apples; 05-09-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

After seeing what Yuke's and THQ has done with their UFC games, they should just develop their own boxing game. I think UFC standing game is better than FN's as far as being fluid, footwork, and movement. FNR4 has bad counter punching effects and the fighters move like they're in mud.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsley View Post
        After seeing what Yuke's and THQ has done with their UFC games, they should just develop their own boxing game. I think UFC standing game is better than FN's as far as being fluid, footwork, and movement. FNR4 has bad counter punching effects and the fighters move like they're in mud.
        fnr4 is leagues above the ufc games, maybe you havent played it recently with the patches?

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
          FNR5 is ear marked for a spring 2011 release as per numerous sites. What additions/changes would you like to see?

I reckon the legacy mode needs a revamp. You should be able to jump weight more then once-and the training is too next to master. You should earn points and be able to allocate them however you want, not power +3 means speed -1 ect.

More fighters, more stadia. Wembley for one.

To be honest, i haven't even had to much hands on time with rnd 4, the main reason being it doesn't have the button configuration for punches. don't get me wrong i like the hit stick, but in rnd 3 i was able to pop off fast combos with the buttons and when i need to land harder shots or haymakers i would use the stick. I hope they bring that back.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            To be honest, i haven't even had to much hands on time with rnd 4, the main reason being it doesn't have the button configuration for punches. don't get me wrong i like the hit stick, but in rnd 3 i was able to pop off fast combos with the buttons and when i need to land harder shots or haymakers i would use the stick. I hope they bring that back.
            the patch gave buttons back

Comment

1. Bring in the creators of "Victorious Boxers"...those dudes know the science of boxing.

2. THe jab needs to be more assertive.

3. Those pullback counters have got to go.

4. Fix the online mathcmaking. I want to play Pacquiao vs. Barrera, and Morales, etc.

Comment

I can list dozens of things but what I want most are

1. No more of that special punch bull****.... By special punches I mean their "NEED" to make some punches more effective. For example, round 2 they added haymakers, round 3 they added stun punches and that super haymaker bull, round 4 they take away the haymakers but add those counters which are basically haymakers but cleverly hidden.

2. Add more boxer styles. Round 3 was a step in the right direction with their different punching and boxing styles. Round 4 they added different "stances" but everyone punched the freakin same way, and no one followed through on punches unless you throw those overly exagerated haymaker punches.

3. Inside fighting. I know they tried in round 4 but it was just clumsy because they had some weird magnetic force that would keep you stuck to your opponent

4. I have been asking for this for years...... a balance bar or something along those lines. Like after being punched for 5, 6, times consecutively, it doesnt always have to be a KO moment, but more like a buzzed state that requries you to atleast block more or step away from going to war.

5. BUTTON PUNCHING!!! I know they added it to round 4, but they did such a ****ty job to turn off everyone that wanted the button punching.

I could go on for days but Id rather not because I know how some people get when you attack their favorite game.

Comment

Before the fight, a little pre fight build up video followed by the "Tale of the Tape" like how HBO does would be great!!

Comment

How about... if you are getting beat up pretty badly, and the corner don't throw the towel in, you can suffer permanent damage to your boxer.

Comment

people actually dislike the counter punching? I thought it was the best thing to ever happen to the game. The effect of the counter punches might be a little off though. IMO more damage, and better footwork is essential. They should have a legs column to determine how fast you can move around, and a footwork column to determine how good your footwork, angles, and in and out movement is. Just make the game smarter. I would also like fighting out of clinches, and subtle fouls referees have hard times noticing like head clashes during in fighting and so on. i like to fght dirt, but not too dirty.

Comment

Working...
                      X