Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNR5 2011-what changes do you want to see?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career mode needs to be like Hajime no Ippo 2: Victorious Road for PS2. Best career mode ever in a game.

Comment

First Person Mode. Where you just have 2 gloves on the screen. I want to feel like I am actually boxing.

Comment

someone said that fnr4 should have a great career mode where you actually go to the gym choose anything to train on, be able to buy homes, cars. (basically live the life of your boxer, i think this would be good but it's probably too much to do and a lot of people wouldnt like it, but they could make it as a setting that you can change, or simulate.

keep the customising character, like gloves, shorts etc.

have more things to train on, like speedbag, mitts, skipping, go running (even though i dont know how you could play that) aswell as what they have in this. i like it that you can just do training and you can choose whoever you want to do it with, that annoyed me in fnr3 cos you could only use gatti.

have way more fighters, ufc 2011 or 2010 whichever one is coming out next, has a huge list of fighters. in fnr4 bantamweight i think it was only has one fighter what is the point in that. you have to have people like mayweather, klitschkos, khan, bradley, alexander, berto, haye, froch, kessler. i think that was the biggest problem with fnr4.

unlimited CAB's as american yeti said, think it was him

sort the weightclasses out, they had super middleweights in light- heavyweight.

have all weight classes online.

change weight class whenever in your career

have bare knuckle fighting and ring rivalries

have the corner game like fnr3

better facial damage, bigger cuts, more swelling, broken noses, broken jaws etc.

the ref should step in if they hardly hit you and your pounding them or the other way round

more effective punches, jab should inflict more damage and so should body punches. like equilibrium has been saying they shouldnt be able to take as much as they do.

Comment

amateur style fighting and alot of fighters

STOP ****ing making us pay for packages that should come for free you greedy bastards

Comment

Ruining boxers/permanent damage.
            • Make it possible to break your hands, orbital bone, ribs, jaw etc.
            • Rehab time 'suggested' for injuries after fights.
            • If 'rehab' isn't completed before next fight, then make boxers more apt to re-injury and taking a big cut in power, endurance, or more apt to knock outs their entire career.
            • If you have a cheap cutman or manage your corner points poorly, make it possible for boxer's to cut more easily in the future.
            • If your injured during the fight. Have a x-ray pop up during the corner time to show that your injured and where it is. Similar to how Madden 2009 showed x-ray pop-ups when players are injured and it shows their injury.
            • If injured during a fight, a corresponding attribute will have a loss in points. Ex: Broken hand = loss of power in that hand.
            • This immediately stops recklessness/spamming and can keep people from going 107-6-2 on career mode. Break your ****, specially your jaw, you ain't reaching 60+ wins, I promise that.

Weight Drained
            • Make it possible to over-train or become weight drained.
            • If you lose too much weight during camp, you will become weight drained and move significantly slower or become weaker(power or endurance) during the fight.
            • Fatigue meter in place during training camp. So you can manage what days you should train and how long you should recover. More Fatigue = greater chance of being weight drained or injured.
            • During the weight choosing part of creation, make that their natural weight(ie: 135lbs but fighting fw). Then during career mode, this element will come into factor.

Nutrition/Meals
            • To counter act becoming weight drained, have a meal system in place to manage healthy weight loss.
            • Glucose, Amino Acids, Fatty Acids, Water etc. etc. Each having their own attribute to add to training. Building endurance, gain weight, lose weight, manage stamina but in small incriments. The combination of them will make significant gains or losses during training.
            • Use your prize money to buy the portions of meals.
            • Have a limit on how much you can place on the meal.
            • Auto-meals/auto-weight coach option but the results aren't as good or bad as if you did it yourself.

Media/Promoting
            • Let boxers have a media/public 'image'. So you can be seen as a Golden Boy or a Mayweather.
            • Interviews after fights. To determin your stance with the media/public.
            • Humble replies will get you liked, Arrogant replies will get you disliked. Neutral replies will keep you misunderstood.
            • With the way you reply to interviews can keep you unknown or catapult you to the front page of the world of boxing.
            • Your interviews will determine your 'draw' per-say. Whether people want to see you fight or not see you fight.
            • Call out boxers and get called out by boxers.
            • Avoiding boxers/not accepting 'legit' call outs can hurt your reputation and keep you from the HOF/ATG list. Same with calling out boxers too much.

Thats all I can really think of besides speeding up/making the gameplay more fluid. It feels sluggish at times and take out that stupid ass "left hook; press <- on analog" ****. It ****s me up at times, I'm trying to go left hook counter to the head and it goes to the body off-timing, it's a POS.

It's time to stop saying you got a real innovative boxing game and actually make one.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
              FNR5 is ear marked for a spring 2011 release as per numerous sites. What additions/changes would you like to see?

I reckon the legacy mode needs a revamp. You should be able to jump weight more then once-and the training is too next to master. You should earn points and be able to allocate them however you want, not power +3 means speed -1 ect.

More fighters, more stadia. Wembley for one.

quicker snappier punches and combos. (not these slow hooks)

being able to legit punch on the move.

better physiques. They look too bulky and weird. Hagler is built like Tyson in the game, when in realty he was more of a lean cut/chiseled dude.

different sized rings.

different punching styles (wider hooks, shorter crisp hooks, very short punches like calzaghe, wipping hooks, barrera...jones, hard straights like Pacquiao. traditional to.
              Last edited by them_apples; 05-05-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
                Cut's were pathetic in FN4, the FN3 corner game was 10x better IMO.

Better footwork.

Better jab.

Highlights at the end of the fight. (maybe)

Right cross should be harder to land but more powerful.

Legacy mode... instead of saying "there's a new champ" it should tell you who is and who they beat.

You should be able change weight whenever you want too.
                Agree with all the above plus i hate the fact that theres only one view side to see the fighters

Comment

It needs Mayweather

Comment

the bob and weave **** is too fast and just not realistic when you can just spin the analog and the guy is unhittable to the head

another thing is, they should change up the way the bodies are and make it more realistic, and last but not least they have to do somethin about the fighters not being abl;e to move while getting tagged

that's it imo

oh yea, make it so you can ko your opponent at any time with one punch, like they have it in ufc undisputed

Comment

tone down the counterpunching

get rid of the hayemakers or atleast make them look less ******ed.

have other TKOs than just from cuts. if u hurt someone over and over in a round, or tee of on someone against the ropes the ref should jump in. if u beat someone up real bad the corner should throw in the towel.

better footwork

make fundamentals a skill. some fighters throw nice short punches and others wing wild mayorga punches that are harder to land and easier to counter.

legacy mode:

there should be more of an amateur career where theres diffrent things to win and u choose when to turn pro. if u achieve more as an amateur u should get more exposure once u turn pro. u can have the SRL or the hagler rise to stardom.

u should get approached by promoters and offered contracts. some will give u a better cut of the money, some will allow u to have more of a say in who u fight, some will get u bigger fights. also some should be good and some bad, u might get one who feeds u to a top prospect on short notice or dont get u fights at all after a few losses, meanwhile others let u build your skills and step up in competition accordingly, stand by u after a loss and care about your career as much as u do. once u become big u should be able to promote yourself.

the popularity thing should acctually mean something, and move up and down. if u have a few boring fights it drops, if u score some FOTY or stunning KOs it goes back up. your popularity decides what type of promoters and fights u get. if u are very popular u will still get big fights even on a losing streak. if u are a boring fighter u struggle to get a second chance and have to become a mandatory to get your title shot.

u should hire diffrent trainers who are good at diffrent things. the amateur coach will have u fundamentally sound and good in all areas, maybe u get a trainer that improves your athletisism, speed and power. meanwhile others give u an edge in endurance and durability. it shouldnt make a huge diffrence, u should still be able to be good in all areas with whoever u have. its more like if u have a flaw u can correct it quickly. get KOd a few times and hire someone to work on your headmovement etc.

customized gear. if u wont give me some trunks with a big ass ganja leaf on em atleast let me draw some myself.

get ride of the lame fighters. its one thing to miss out on these relevant top p4p guys bcuz theres no room. but to see billy ****ing dib when theres no JMM just pisses me of.
                      Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-08-2010, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X