No announcement yet.

Professional boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrappy Diggs View Post
    I agree with this. While the exercises Kindosia said are definitely good and pertain to boxing, after working out for an hour your Central nervous system is much more susceptible to being taxed and makes training that long counterproductive. Studies show that people should not train intensely for more much more than an hour because your body becomes immune to any stimulation thereafter...making it not only a waste of time, but an overhaul on your body.

For myself my body responds much better to short training sessions, one hour and I'm done. Working out intelligently and doing the right stuff for one hour, 4 times a week will get me in good a shape as anyone.
    4 hours of training a week gets you in as good shape as anyone? I dare you to test your shape against any serious pro fighter, or even one of my guys. You WILL lose.

The CNS susceptability regarding long training sessions is NOT applicable to just any kind of training, but to heavy/explosive training specifically. And the conclusions srawn from those studies definitely aren't as cut and dried as you make them out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by London View Post
      Road work is the most important ......
      Juan Diaz does no running at all, and he can punch for 15+ rds. no-stop

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
        4 hours of training a week gets you in as good shape as anyone? I dare you to test your shape against any serious pro fighter, or even one of my guys. You WILL lose.

The CNS susceptability regarding long training sessions is NOT applicable to just any kind of training, but to heavy/explosive training specifically. And the conclusions srawn from those studies definitely aren't as cut and dried as you make them out to be.
        Easy, no need to dare me to do anything, I'm losing nothing here. I don't know who "your fighters" are nor do I care. Your taking things quite literally, training one hour a day is not gonna get me in shape as Floyd Mayweather going 12 rounds, it is going to get ME in shape to my highest threshold. Thats because my particular body responds better to quality training instead of quantity training. I was giving a loose breakdown, I usually train closer to 90 minutes, but during that 90 minutes I go hard and intense. I can bull**** with extra shadowbxing and speed bag for another hour a day, but I already accomplished the most important and demanding activities during that first hour.

Your CNS can be taxed doing too much of ANY kind of training. I don't think I made anything out to be cut and dry, I wasn't writing a book report about the Central Nervous System just stating a simple fact.
        Last edited by Bucktown Beast; 11-09-2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Diggs View Post
          Easy, no need to dare me to do anything, I'm losing nothing here. I don't know who "your fighters" are nor do I care. Your taking things quite literally, training one hour a day is not gonna get me in shape as Floyd Mayweather going 12 rounds, it is going to get ME in shape to my highest threshold. Thats because my particular body responds better to quality training instead of quantity training. I was giving a loose breakdown, I usually train closer to 90 minutes, but during that 90 minutes I go hard and intense. I can bull**** with extra shadowbxing and speed bag for another hour a day, but I already accomplished the most important and demanding activities during that first hour.

Your CNS can be taxed doing too much of ANY kind of training. I don't think I made anything out to be cut and dry, I wasn't writing a book report about the Central Nervous System just stating a simple fact.
          Yes I take things literally. There's a lot of common misconceptions about training on this board, and if the board is to have any value, those misconceptions (that are the root of training myths) need to be straightened out. Therefore people need to be quite accurate when they say something, or it will do more harm than good. I, for one, will continue to call it, when I see people who spew half truths and BS here. I know that doesn't always make me the most popular person in here. Tough.

Sure, to get YOU in shape to your highest CURRENT threshold. I can agree to that. Being able to train 10-20 hours a week takes time building up. Years for some. No argument there. But fighters who are at that level, have a level of fitness far superior to yours. You better believe it!

You stated that training for more than 1 hour is counterproductive. That sounds pretty cut and dry to me. In fact it's bull, as your admittance that you actually train for longer than that yourself clearly shows.

Yes too much of any kind of training can tax your whole body, hence the TOO MUCH in front of the word training. Your claim that more than 1 hour will do that is what I was addressing.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Yes I take things literally. There's a lot of common misconceptions about training on this board, and if the board is to have any value, those misconceptions (that are the root of training myths) need to be straightened out. Therefore people need to be quite accurate when they say something, or it will do more harm than good. I, for one, will continue to call it, when I see people who spew half truths and BS here. I know that doesn't always make me the most popular person in here. Tough.

Sure, to get YOU in shape to your highest CURRENT threshold. I can agree to that. Being able to train 10-20 hours a week takes time building up. Years for some. No argument there. But fighters who are at that level, have a level of fitness far superior to yours. You better believe it!

You stated that training for more than 1 hour is counterproductive. That sounds pretty cut and dry to me. In fact it's bull, as your admittance that you actually train for longer than that yourself clearly shows.

Yes too much of any kind of training can tax your whole body, hence the TOO MUCH in front of the word training. Your claim that more than 1 hour will do that is what I was addressing.

Yes, there are many myths associated with the training of boxers. The weightlifting myth is probably the worst. After 30 years of pumping iron nobody can document any benefits other than pumped up muscles. In the real world of boxing (as opposed to the fantasy world of internet forums) all we have seen is a legacy of dehydration and a tail of dead bodies resulting from it.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
              Yes, there are many myths associated with the training of boxers. The weightlifting myth is probably the worst. After 30 years of pumping iron nobody can document any benefits other than pumped up muscles. In the real world of boxing (as opposed to the fantasy world of internet forums) all we have seen is a legacy of dehydration and a tail of dead bodies resulting from it.
              we have also seen encrease in explosiveness in sports with weighttraining.......that includes boxing

Comment

Potatoes why do you bother? Do you have nothing better to do than come on a boxing site with a futile attempt to tear down the right way to train?
                Do you honestly think that it would be better to have weaker, slower fighters that can sit around and paw eachother to death for 15 rnds?
                Day in and day out you bring your sorry ass in these threads critisizing our training. Yes I said ours. because the "real" boxing world you speak of is the one I live eat and breath daily. You don't box. Doubt you ever have. You are not a trainer or an official. You are not even a knowledgeable fan. Yet you bring it upon yourself to call us nerdy little boys and state we live in a fantasy boxing forum. "one which you frequent more than most of us, making you just as nerdy and fantastical" And you try your damdest to misdirect those seeking real advise. GET A LIFE. If you want to argue do some real research and come back with somthing to back your theories. I, and everybody here I would bet is tired of hearing your point of view and excerpts from b.s autobiographies. You are like dead weight. You run your mouth, but never have an answere to peoples questions. Why? no let me answer that for you. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE BABBLING ABOUT You incoherrant son of a slut. Shut the hell up please for the sake of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
                  we have also seen encrease in explosiveness in sports with weighttraining.......that includes boxing

.....show us the proof.....

Comment

well, you can lokk at the current boxers who are more powerful than the ones off the past ore you can take a look sprinters who are faster than they just to be

Comment

You are the one who need to show us the proof. I mean real and documented evidence that what you says holds any water. There are miles of manuals to provide all the proof we need that modern training is superior. Test after painstaking test with the same results. It's evolution try it some time. You and your opinion are a waste of air and space. Slap yourself for being so ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                      X