Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gloves do you use for the bag and sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Century leather wrap gloves ,
    i use them too on bags, if we are talking about the same ones:

The wrap gloves are fun to use, but they make your hands bleed ,just the way I like it !
    make your hands bleed??? never had that happen to me. i don't even use bag gloves all the time either!

for sparring, i always borrow some that look like these:

or these

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
      i use them too on bags, if we are talking about the same ones:

make your hands bleed??? never had that happen to me. i don't even use bag gloves all the time either!

for sparring, i always borrow some that look like these:

or these

My Century gloves look just like them just with thumbs, by hand I mean knuckles bleed at the ring and pinky fingers almost every time I go at the bag , a day or so goes by and they are ready for more , not sure why, I quess after 20 min. of light bag work plus thin gloves vs. 100lb bag and full power shot for 2 min X 4 set`s , dont mix !

Comment

I use Black 14 oz. Everlast for sparring with friends.

I'm getting a heavy bag for Christmas so I'll answer the rest of this question later.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
          My Century gloves look just like them just with thumbs, by hand I mean knuckles bleed at the ring and pinky fingers almost every time I go at the bag , a day or so goes by and they are ready for more , not sure why, I quess after 20 min. of light bag work plus thin gloves vs. 100lb bag and full power shot for 2 min X 4 set`s , dont mix !
          I've had the same problem almost forever it seems. Till i noticed switching gloves, changing how i wrap my hands and wraps i use and paying attention to always make a tight fist.

I would never hit any bag seriously without handwraps or without good padding. I've noticed when using a bag glove where the padding is worn and you try hitting with full power, the bag then feels like its made out of nails. That why i always try and get new gloves when needed or just pull your punchs when the gloves are worn out. And if you're hitting the bag with full power without handwrap, then you are brave, too dangerous imo.

Comment

I have a pair of Grant 10ounce super bag gloves that i use exclusively for bags and mitts.

I have a pair of Grant 16ounce training gloves and a pair of Classic (zepol) 18ounce training gloves that I've been trying to break in on the bags lately but plan to use for sparring in the future.

The Grant training gloves are taking a particularly long time to break in, they're pretty stiff out of the box.

The Classics are probably my favorite, they're old school dark brown. Feel like Basilio, Moore, or even Frazier in 'em.

Comment

use 20oz for bag and mitts. 16oz for sparring

Comment

All my experience has been exclusively with Everlast, and I have never had a problem with them. I've heard other guys ***** and complain about other brands, usually cheaper, so it has detered me from any experimentation. That is not to say Everlast is the best, in fact they might even be mediocre compared with other brands! All I know is they have served me and the kids I have trained very well.

Comment

i use some 12 oz everlast for the bag
                  and some 8oz reyes when i box with friends
                  but im gonna get some reyes fro the bag too
                  just cuz i can
                  ya heard?????

Comment

box with friends? do you win?

Comment

Ringside IMF tech for the bag, Title Plat for sparring

Comment

Working...