No announcement yet.

NEED help everytime i throw a puch i lose balance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
    Probably not. Speed comes from technique, and the power of the straight punches (jab & cross) come from speed. Learn to throw your punches right, and you'll eventually be able to throw them fast.

I felt like a five-year-old learning ballet for my first couple months at the gym. I thought I was hopeless but I stuck with it and learned to do it right. You've got to do the same.

actually it does help in speed.the bands that is

Comment

whithout actually seeing how your throwing you jab on focus mitts, i would tend to say, in a general sense, that you are too far away from your target. this will throw you off by making you reach too far.

stay loose and relaxed and put more weight on your back foot it should be 60% on your back foot and 40% on your front foot
      that's an excellent weight distribution to have. it more or less the way i was taught in general boxing/fighting circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
        whithout actually seeing how your throwing you jab on focus mitts, i would tend to say, in a general sense, that you are too far away from your target. this will throw you off by making you reach too far.

that's an excellent weight distribution to have. it more or less the way i was taught in general boxing/fighting circumstances.
        YES. HE IS PROBABLY REACHING. I THINK A LOT OF FOOTWORK TRAINING IS IN ORDER HERE. ie. SLIDING TO CLOSE THE GAP. AND IF YOU ARENT DOING THAT I CAN ONLY IGAGINE WHAT HIS SIDE TO SIDE MOVEMENT IS LIKE. I DO'T LIKE THE SOUND OF HIS PROBLEM, WHO'S TRAINING THIS GUY??

Comment

thanks everyone for youre help my trainer show me what i was doing wrong i was to far back from the bag mitts. and i was not standing right.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
            I have the same problem with the straight right because I got double talk from the trainers. They say to step with the jab, but should I step with the right too? And do you always have to do the "putting out the cigarrette" foot pivot if its uncomfortable for you?
            what's up bmore was u told to step with the jab from charm city boxing I was told the same thing.

Comment

thanks everyone for youre help my trainer show me what i was doing wrong i was to far back from the bag mitts. and i was not standing right

yup, that's exactly what it sounded like. nothing complicated, simply a distance problem. see, you can get good help from the internet. you just have to know who to ask.

Comment

maybe your reaching or trying to hit too hard.

Comment

Working...
                X