No announcement yet.

Hooks to the body question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooks to the body question

Hello, I am just seeking advice on throwing hooks to the body.
    1. When throwing hooks to the body is it best to change levels, bend at the knees and throw it or remain upright? I was taught to do this with straights to the body, but not sure about hooks.
    2. I was taught to throw hooks to the head with the palm down, thumb facing me. What about when throwing hooks to the body? Palm turned down, or palm facing towards you and thumb up?

Originally posted by Thedeadgamer View Post
    1. When throwing hooks to the body is it best to change levels, bend at the knees and throw it or remain upright? I was taught to do this with straights to the body, but not sure about hooks.
    2. I was taught to throw hooks to the head with the palm down, thumb facing me. What about when throwing hooks to the body? Palm turned down, or palm facing towards you and thumb up?
    Get low and dig, who wants to be standing tall if nailed by a right hand.

Turn it over and dig up those ribs. Palm up .........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Get low and dig, who wants to be standing tall if nailed by a right hand.

Turn it over and dig up those ribs. Palm up .........Rockin'
      Rib shots are killer.

Comment

It's all individual

Comment

Originally posted by Thedeadgamer View Post
          It depends on the situation, and type of hook you are throwing. I'm pretty tall, my favorite hook is the "shovel hook" to the liver. I wish I was better at throwing a 3(left hook) upstairs followed by the shovel hook to the liver area, but I'm not that great at it. I've had more success throwing 1-2 then the shovelhook to the liver area.
          I was taught to throw my hooks palm facing me. I was self teaching and was throwing it palm down, then I got a coach, and he made me change it. That was years ago. After you get used to it, it's much quicker AND easier palm in. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by dreamroom View Post
            It depends on the situation, and type of hook you are throwing. I'm pretty tall, my favorite hook is the "shovel hook" to the liver. I wish I was better at throwing a 3(left hook) upstairs followed by the shovel hook to the liver area, but I'm not that great at it. I've had more success throwing 1-2 then the shovelhook to the liver area.
            I was taught to throw my hooks palm facing me. I was self teaching and was throwing it palm down, then I got a coach, and he made me change it. That was years ago. After you get used to it, it's much quicker AND easier palm in. JMHO
            Shovel hook to the liver will give you something to think about.... for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              No doubt! lol

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I took 1 today with a Coaching body protector on, felt it in my toes. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

That must have been some shot

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

I saw the video where Ryan Garcia hit some guy with a protector on and nearly put him away

Comment

Working...
                    X