No announcement yet.

Covid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid

If this topic has been raised mods, kindly transfer it.

Are the gyms in your area open? Full operation? You're allowed to spar, mitts and any exercise that you have to be close? Almost all of the gyms where I'm from are closed, plenty have closed down.

Gyms are open but limited hours. I have to wear a face mask the entire time I'm there which is hell because when I'm working the bags and start sweating I feel like I'm waterboarding myself. Haven't officially heard anything about sparring or doing an exercise with a partner but given that we're not supposed to lift with a spotter makes me think sparring is off the table. I think the general brainwave in my area has been "When the gyms reopen everyone's going to rush back in so I'm going to be smart and wait" and I'm the only one that came back right away so I got the whole gym to myself.

Comment

Depends on area. In some area yes, some areas no. Some private gyms yes, some public gyms no.

Comment

my gym is open but I have been tested with covid-19 yesterday. so no more boxing in the gym****

Comment

MY gym is alos opened and nothing is restricted.

Comment

The latest bit of news to come through the pipeline is stupid. Quick rundown: the boxing club rents space in this gym and the gym owners make the rules. The gym has stated that workout classes are allowed but group workouts are not. So stuff like zumba and cycling can resume but if coach wanted to work mitts with 2 of our guys, that's not allowed. What constitutes a workout class is that it has to be open to the public and has to have a set schedule which doesn't mesh well with the coach's own schedule or the other club members.

Comment

Yesterday a second quarentine applied in my country , gyms opend in May 4 months ago , some gyms still closed , many gyms removed adress to another places (sorry english it's not my native language) when the first quatentine end we did the first month the group training in the park 2-3 session we did without any contact , then we worked normally.
              Iv'e planed to participated in a bout , but there isn't fight due the covid.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertPrince View Post
                Yesterday a second quarentine applied in my country , gyms opend in May 4 months ago , some gyms still closed , many gyms removed adress to another places (sorry english it's not my native language) when the first quatentine end we did the first month the group training in the park 2-3 session we did without any contact , then we worked normally.
                Iv'e planed to participated in a bout , but there isn't fight due the covid.
                Hopefully things can be better for you before the end of the year.

Comment

Thanks alot mate !

Comment

Originally posted by DesertPrince View Post
                    Thanks alot mate !
                    Any luck since?

Comment

Working...
                    X