Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title Spider Bag, Useful or Distraction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    My gym has one its eh. Its one of those things where if you're tall you end up punching down on it and it feel awkward so in order to make it taller you have to get creative with where you hang it up from. Which is another thing its kind of a drag setting it up and taking it down especially when you're the only one using it. IF you work it and like it, more power to you but for me the novelty wore off real fast.
    Thanks. I'm 6' 2" so a bit on the tall side. I was figuring I'd have to suspend the ball with some shock cord from a ceiling rafter to lift it. That would be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
      Thanks. I'm 6' 2" so a bit on the tall side. I was figuring I'd have to suspend the ball with some shock cord from a ceiling rafter to lift it. That would be a pain.
      Easier said than done to set that up

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Easier said than done to set that up
        Agreed. I looked in our ring and there are rafters above I could attach this and then loop it up to store it there. It may end being such a pain the rump to deal with in setting it up and getting that roof cord down and on and on it may not be worth it.

Comment

I never used one but I wish I did. It reminds me a little of a
          double end bag. Uppercut bag, hit the ends and sit.

Comment

Here's another one that I forgot about.
            Wall bag.
            We would rotate a certain way. As you got out from the ring
            The bag you were appointed to was occupied and until it was
            free you would hit the wall bag to keep the muscles warm.
            Maybe for a round or two. This way you weren't just standing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              It looks like it would be useful, but it takes the whole ring to use it. Gyms can be rather limited in space to take the whole ring for one guy to get some work in...…...Rockin'
              Yes, very true.

Comment

Originally posted by 5'9"-132lbs. View Post
                Here's another one that I forgot about.
                Wall bag.
                We would rotate a certain way. As you got out from the ring
                The bag you were appointed to was occupied and until it was
                free you would hit the wall bag to keep the muscles warm.
                Maybe for a round or two. This way you weren't just standing around.

I like those bags.

Comment

Nah, it's not something I would invest in. Not as an individual.

If you were a gym owner, co-owner, trainer etc. It might be useful but you technically get the same value out of those strings trainers put in an X in the ring and you just duck under it.

I guess this can make it less boring and keep you more active during the training though. Objectively speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Nah, it's not something I would invest in. Not as an individual.

If you were a gym owner, co-owner, trainer etc. It might be useful but you technically get the same value out of those strings trainers put in an X in the ring and you just duck under it.

I guess this can make it less boring and keep you more active during the training though. Objectively speaking.
                    Agreed...

Comment

Looks legit. How much is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X