No announcement yet.

Please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

Hi guys, im not long on the forum as an active memeber, but ive been lurking around since ive begun boxing, about 4 yeats ago.

I have bough myself a nice pair of Venum gloves, Venum elite 14 oz.

The gloves are made of synthetic leather, and my biggest problem is that the gloves compared to leathe wont let other gloves ( opponent) kind of like "stick" to them, so even if the blocking was good my oponent just slides his fist thorugh.

I have been koed today vecause of this issue, till now i have been using some RDX gloves and adidas, and never have had an issue.

What do i do in such a case ? Besides the technical elements , such as better distance control and more parrying.

Please help me out, the gloves werent cheap, and there is no way to get my money back .
    Last edited by Anton stepanov; 12-04-2019, 03:45 PM.

Lesson learned: Never buy Venum gloves

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
      Lesson learned: Never buy Venum gloves
      Fully agree.

Comment

Well, its pretty obvious that i wont be using them for sparring anymore. Just too bad i threw 70 euro out on them. Next time i will buy title/ benlee/ rdx. Etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Anton stepanov View Post
          Well, its pretty obvious that i wont be using them for sparring anymore. Just too bad i threw 70 euro out on them. Next time i will buy title/ benlee/ rdx. Etc...
          Much better brands...

Comment

Originally posted by Anton stepanov View Post
            Hi guys, im not long on the forum as an active memeber, but ive been lurking around since ive begun boxing, about 4 yeats ago.

I have bough myself a nice pair of Venum gloves, Venum elite 14 oz.

The gloves are made of synthetic leather, and my biggest problem is that the gloves compared to leathe wont let other gloves ( opponent) kind of like "stick" to them, so even if the blocking was good my oponent just slides his fist thorugh.

I have been koed today vecause of this issue, till now i have been using some RDX gloves and adidas, and never have had an issue.

What do i do in such a case ? Besides the technical elements , such as better distance control and more parrying.

Please help me out, the gloves werent cheap, and there is no way to get my money back .
            Are you seriously saying that if Mayweather wore those gloves your opponent would knock him out?

A bad tradesman blames his tools.

Comment

Your best bet is to ebay them and advertise them as lightly used

Comment

No im not saying that exactly, i just mean that the material is very slippery. And dude cmon. Mayweatjer is mayweather, u cant just ko someone that good. About the blocking, ive could hold my own against heavy weights and super heavies. So my blocking and guard are good. And i make sure they are cuz, lets admit it. Less blows to the head more time in the boxing life without injuries etc. Its the first time in the last 4 yeats where i was hurt like this. And ive tried many different gloves and such.

Thank you all foe your replies. The gloves are actually new, have only 9 rounds sparring on them, and no bag time, cuz u know- sparring gloves.

Comment

Does anyone know the german brand "paffen sports"? Ive read on expertboxing that it should be the german equivalent to Title.

Comment

i just purchased some pro mex gloves from title since i need new ones. kinds regret it since ive seen bad online reviews but ive also gotten good feedback from actual dudes that train...

Comment

Working...
                    X