No announcement yet.

what's everyone's amatuer record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
    i still have about 5 or 6 years before i go pro, either 19 or 20, i should be able to get quite a few amatuer fights in in that time period
    Does this mean you came to your senses?

If you have the talent, 5-6 years of amateur experience would be a great way to learn how to box. You could have 60 to 100 fights in that time period, if you're good/serious enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
      Get your experience in the amatuers first. Learn to box in the amatuers while the refs are looking out for you and trying to keep you from getting hurt, thats their main purpose in the amatuer ring. When you get into the pros people paid alot of money to see somebody go down hard, and without that amatuer experience behind you, you probably will.

Oh yeah, 45-15
      Rockin'
      what's your pro record?

Comment

Dynamite, You seem really confident your gonna become professional? If you think your gonna become professional whats your amateur record?

Comment

"My uncle had a perfect record. 0 & 30, all by knockout."
          -- Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
            i dont know if i want to fight in the amatuers dont want to develop that style what do you all think? i still will spar all the time
            actually thats not as dumb as some people are saying,when i lived in reno kelvin davis only had 4 amateur fights and jesse brinkly only had 5 before turning pro just because they wernt cut out for the amateurs didnt like head gear and the pitter pat style and what not of amateurs but on the other hand they sparred 4-5 times a week,im currently 3-0 and just had my first fight in june but ive been training for about 3 years,with the majority of the people at my gym being pros.

Comment

While it was in another era (our robes were still made of animal skins), I fought as an amatuer in smokers in West Texas and Northern Mexico in the mid 70's.

My record was 27-4, 16 KOs. You fight the 3 round amatuer wars in Mexico, you will have KOs. Had one pro fight for $200. Got KOed by a shot to the body in the second round of a four rounder in El Paso when I was in the Army. I had put my opponent down in the first round, before he got up and handed me my ass.

Comment

Working...
              X