what's everyone's amatuer record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's everyone's amatuer record?

whats everyone who fights amatuer record on here

0-0 here. Hopefully can have a fight by winter.

Comment

i dont know if i want to fight in the amatuers dont want to develop that style what do you all think? i still will spar all the time

Comment

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
        i dont know if i want to fight in the amatuers dont want to develop that style what do you all think? i still will spar all the time
        I would say you have to have amateur experience as its the foundation of good boxing skills.
        Learn your ring craft and suck in the experience of true ring boxing.
        Sparring is good but it does not compare to an actual bout because there are factors like the different ring (usually springier and leg draining) the nervous tension caused by the crowd and the fact you are about to actually box someone(Draining) and the lights (extremely hot and tiring), also like most sports nothing compares to the actual event to make you sharper, fitter and wiser.

You wouldn't want to make your mistakes as a professional but that's partly what amateur boxing is about!

Comment

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard on this board (and I've heard a lot of dumb **** here!)

If you haven't been in the ring for a REAL fight, you don't know if you're cut out for it. Sparring and fighting are, of course, similar in many aspects, but until you've actually walked up those steps for the real thing, you won't be able to even grasp the psychological aspect of boxing. Believe me, you do NOT want to go pro without amateur experience.

Comment

If you haven't been in the ring for a REAL fight, you don't know if you're cut out for it. Sparring and fighting are, of course, similar in many aspects, but until you've actually walked up those steps for the real thing, you won't be able to even grasp the psychological aspect of boxing. Believe me, you do NOT want to go pro without amateur experience.
            Yeah there is a fine line between fighting and sparring. It can be a real shock when you go from years of friendly sparring, to fighting a guy who wants to take your head off!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
              Yeah there is a fine line between fighting and sparring. It can be a real shock when you go from years of friendly sparring, to fighting a guy who wants to take your head off!
              just to let you know i have never sparred somebody that didnt try and take my head of, they hold nothing back, i have only sparred people bigger than me and alot older. how is not wanting to develop an amatuer style dumb?

Comment

2-0 record right here. Fought once, had a huge lay off because a hand injury. Fought again not to long ago and now im fighting in a tournament for a belt in a few weeks.

I wanyt all the experience I can get. After this tournament that will end by the end of August Im goign to fight every few weeks. Then Im doing Golden Gloves in January becuase I will have just turned 17. I just want to fight as much as possible.

Comment

just to let you know i have never sparred somebody that didnt try and take my head of, they hold nothing back, i have only sparred people bigger than me and alot older. how is not wanting to develop an amatuer style dumb?
                  You're about 14 right? If you've only sparred people bigger and a lot older, who always try to take your head off you wouldn't have a head on your shoulders right now! Sorry but that's BS!

It's not so much you not wanting to develop an amateur style that's dumb, it's that you think you can just skip that step, when 99.9% of boxers can't. You're gonna need the experience in the pro game. Even that is getting way ahead of yourself. Who can say that you're cut out for the pro's when you have no experience? How long have you been training for? WHat does your coach say?

Oh, and if you're 14-15, even if you're really talented, you probably won't turn pro for 3 or 4 years anyway. That's wasted time when you could be out there getting experience, fighting, winning, and achieving things. Who's gonna want to sign somebody who's only been in the gym, but has no fighting experience? If I were a promoter, i'd want to see some results that back up your mouth. Most guys who ARE good, don't just say it, they show it.
                  Think about how much more money a national champ, or an Olympic champ is worth compared to a gym chump who has never fought. Most of those guys do pretty well in the pro's, and I'm willing to bet you their success rate is a hell of a lot higher than the guys who go pro straight out of the gym. So there you have it.

Comment

Get your experience in the amatuers first. Learn to box in the amatuers while the refs are looking out for you and trying to keep you from getting hurt, thats their main purpose in the amatuer ring. When you get into the pros people paid alot of money to see somebody go down hard, and without that amatuer experience behind you, you probably will.

Oh yeah, 45-15
                    Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X