No announcement yet.

Cardio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
    Funny, you'd comment. I've been putting in a heck of a lot more roadwork lately, and I can tell the difference. Annoyed as hell my coach was right, but learning to just agree with his conditioning and training even if it kills me lol.
    Still maxing out the roadwork>?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Re-injured an old injury with my left knee about two weeks ago. Been doing a lot of low impact cardio, stairs, uphill brisk walks, but thinking of trying to jog today. I never know if I'm pushing it or not doing enough, some days there's slight pain (but minimal), other days slightly weakness (but no longer locks or buckles), but a hell of a lot better than it was two weeks ago. Stopped boxing, but about a few days ago started adding in some heavy bag but staying planted for power punches, some bob and weaves.

Good thing is I haven't gained any weight even though my cardio is about... 50% less than what it was about 2 weeks ago, but been adding in strength training targeting mainly my arms, back and chest, once or twice I did legs but than my knee began to feel weak again.

Comment

Knee problems suck. Jump rope can be much lower impact than running depending on how high you jump. Just keep your jumps low. I continued to jump trough some knee problems and it did not seem to aggravate the knee like running did

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
          Knee problems suck. Jump rope can be much lower impact than running depending on how high you jump. Just keep your jumps low. I continued to jump trough some knee problems and it did not seem to aggravate the knee like running did
          I forget skipping rope is considered low impact... yeah, definitely will do this!

It's an old injury and unfortunately, I noticed my knee getting weak before it popped, but I ignored it thinking it was just normal muscle fatigue that'd build up but between boxing, running and lifting with only one day rest a week, I overworked the knee and one ****** wrong weight shift while pivoting screwed me.

What's concerning me is my center of gravity is off because I'm nursing the injured knee. I feel it in my footwork and it's honestly making me panic lol. It'll be 4 weeks by the time I get back to my boxing club and 4 weeks is enough time to form bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
            I forget skipping rope is considered low impact... yeah, definitely will do this!

It's an old injury and unfortunately, I noticed my knee getting weak before it popped, but I ignored it thinking it was just normal muscle fatigue that'd build up but between boxing, running and lifting with only one day rest a week, I overworked the knee and one ****** wrong weight shift while pivoting screwed me.

What's concerning me is my center of gravity is off because I'm nursing the injured knee. I feel it in my footwork and it's honestly making me panic lol. It'll be 4 weeks by the time I get back to my boxing club and 4 weeks is enough time to form bad habits.
            sorry to hear that about the knee. I don't know the specifics of your injury but hope you can get past it. I had to take 1.5 years off running for mine. running was the absolute worse thing for it but was able to do other exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee which helped. other things I did were, very healthy anti -inflammatory diet, intermittent fasting, and wim hof breathing and cold exposure. I believe all these things helped and I've been back to running for over a year now and even a few 5k races. Seriously, my knee had a swollen knot the size of a golf ball on the inside of the knee when it was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
              I believe all these things helped and I've been back to running for over a year now and even a few 5k races. Seriously, my knee had a swollen knot the size of a golf ball on the inside of the knee when it was bad.
              That's crazy... my injury was a bad twist and sprain that I never took care of at the time (10 years ago), didn't do the rehab or wear the brace, so now that knee is prone to popping in and out, dislocating, etc. if I fall, pivot wrong. Which is what happened this time, wrong weight shift while pivoting popped my knee out. It inflames off and on over the years, it wasn't a shock, but it does put me out of commission for a bit because it hurts for the first week, locks and buckles for the second, and by the third week it's usually better. The doctor will say 6-8 weeks... but, yeah, no... I'm not going to be out for no 6-8 weeks.

So, I compromised, I won't go to my boxing club for 4 weeks (I'm off on vacation next week), but I still go to the gym and keep it moderate. Right now, I'm terrified of pivoting to be honest lol... I know it sounds pathetic, but there's a mental block in my head that stops me from properly pivoting out of fear my knee will get jacked up again.

Debated on using sports tape on my knee for added support but I don't know if I even believe that works.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Have you ever used athletic/sports tape?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  But, you also get some muscular development working the heavy bag too.
                  Heya, question, have you ever used sports/athletic tape before? Input on it?

Comment

Working...
                  X