No announcement yet.

Training and drinkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training and drinkin?

So guys ( and girls ) i used to be a great boxer in my teenage years, and i even became national champion once ( from scandinavia )

Im 23 years old today, and i have been doing much the last 2 years, like many other my age, i am studying right now, and i often go drinking with my classmates and friends. Sometimes its a couple of times a week, other times i dont party for weeks. But i miss boxing, and i want to start exercises again, for health reasons fun and keep the fat away. I have no plans about competing again anytime soon, i have been thinking about boxing 3 times a week. I mostly eat healthy actually, and try to get alot of greens to my meals.

What do you guys think about this, or is it completely stupid, and should i just hit fitness?

Always drink jack Daniels during training.

Comment

If you’re not competing, once or twice a week in moderation isn’t terrible. Vodka is lowest in calories and carbs. Beer is high in comparison. Don’t shut yourself off unless it has a negative effect on your physical and mental wellbeing. At 23, you should recover quickly. In later years, I’ve noticed alcohol can increase inflammation more and hangovers are worse

Comment

I don’t even need to read the thread. Alcohol is poison and will destroy anything you do in the gym.

Look at Bhop. Abstained from alcohol and soda and boxed into his 50’s

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
          If you’re not competing, once or twice a week in moderation isn’t terrible. Vodka is lowest in calories and carbs. Beer is high in comparison. Don’t shut yourself off unless it has a negative effect on your physical and mental wellbeing. At 23, you should recover quickly. In later years, I’ve noticed alcohol can increase inflammation more and hangovers are worse
          Thank mate, well i dont drink myself hammered that often, mostly i only get drunk/tipsy, but still at that level where i can control myself and my action. I love being in good shape and feel healthy, i like to work with myself, and stay in great mental and physical shape, but at the same time i want to have fun with my mates, and see some big booty girls haha!

Comment

Don't worry about beer. It's way healthier than any processed fruit drink. It also carries fewer calories than most of them. Careful though, too much of anything is bad.

Comment

Sounds like you want to box to stay fit. That's what I do. Way more fun to hit the bags than it is to run or spin. You don't have to compete. I don't know how it is where you're at, but in the states most people who attend boxing gyms don't compete.

As far as drink goes, it doesn't really change if you're boxing or doing any other exercise. It makes it harder to train the next day if you've had more than a couple. And, there's the fat you gain from alcoholic drinks. Just one or two can reduce the soreness from training though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Sounds like you want to box to stay fit. That's what I do. Way more fun to hit the bags than it is to run or spin. You don't have to compete. I don't know how it is where you're at, but in the states most people who attend boxing gyms don't compete.

As far as drink goes, it doesn't really change if you're boxing or doing any other exercise. It makes it harder to train the next day if you've had more than a couple. And, there's the fat you gain from alcoholic drinks. Just one or two can reduce the soreness from training though.
                Exactly mate! I never train the Day after partying.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
                  Exactly mate! I never train the Day after partying.
                  I can't even party anymore. When I party I can't train for days.

Comment

No alcohol safe to drink, global study confirms...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45283401

Comment

Working...
                    X