Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training and drinkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course you can drink if you don't plan on competing. i would suggest you give yourself a day between drinking and training and naturally try to limit drinking in general.

but, listen.. i too boxed in scandinavia, never competed in let alone won nationals. when i was in my mid 20's i would show up at random times and either box up or beat up people in the gym depending on how they wanted it. i was drinking, smoking weed, eating poorly etc. but i was just a more skilled, smart, experienced and confident guy. and a young but grown man sparring about 40% teenagers.

if you are going to compete you need to respect the sport and not mess around. but if you are just going to the gym to stay in shape, have fun, stop sleep punching your girlfreind etc. go ahead and have a drink now and then. shiet, i would visit Christiania too if i were you. provided it hasnt changed too much (i heard it changed a lot).
    Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-27-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      of course you can drink if you don't plan on competing. i would suggest you give yourself a day between drinking and training and naturally try to limit drinking in general.
      Exactly..

Comment

Worth also noting is Methyl Alcohol present in alcohol beverages, beers, and spirits. mostly spirits, but id argue your cheap beers like busch, bud light, all that bull****.... prolly loaded with methyl alcohol. tequila is. I'm telling you, the crap gives people dementia. stay away from it. methyl alcohol ****s you all up, it's horrible for the cns. liquor lobbyists pay health people to keep it under wraps, its sick.

wanna get high? wim hof breathing. eat cannibis (or smoke a tiny bit, but dont blunt down...) edibles.. do yoga. mushrooms in the morning maybe on hard training days.
        Last edited by LegendSlayer; 05-29-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendSlayer View Post
          mushrooms in the morning maybe on hard training days.
          LMAO!! Especially on hard training days...…...Rockin'

Comment

23 is young, man. have fun and enjoy life.

if you really want to make it far in boxing you should consider stopping as it will not benefit you and will get in the way of what you're trying to do. there are no calories on earth that are worse for you. they decrease metabolism and encourage fat to get stored around the midsection.

"beer bellies" are a farily well studied scientific phenomenon

i remember arturo gatti's cutting being rumored to be HEAVILY influenced by his drinking. that and his short career. remember that gatti was considered all but washed up after his losses to ivan robinson at 135 lbs!

Comment

wanna get high? wim hof breathing. eat cannibis (or smoke a tiny bit, but dont blunt down...) edibles.. do yoga. mushrooms in the morning maybe on hard training days.[/QUOTE]

I use Wim hof breathing and cold exposure for general recovery and injury recovery. Also yes it releases natural dopamine, opioids and cannabinoids inside your body and will give a euphoric feeling when done correctly. Powerful tool that many pro athletes are starting to use more.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...g1BL650MYTh.01

Comment

I've frequently had to train the day after partying and it absolutely sucks. Like, "I'm never putting myself through this again" sucks. Haha. So yeah, just make sure you are not partying on the eve of a training session and that you stay in control of how often/hard you are partying. Hard to balance discipline and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                  Hard to balance discipline and fun.
                  It's easy if you really want to be a fighter...……… Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

but, listen.. i too boxed in scandinavia, never competed in let alone won nationals. when i was in my mid 20's i would show up at random times and either box up or beat up people in the gym depending on how they wanted it. i was drinking, smoking weed, eating poorly etc. but i was just a more skilled, smart, experienced and confident guy. and a young but grown man sparring about 40% teenagers.

if you are going to compete you need to respect the sport and not mess around. but if you are just going to the gym to stay in shape, have fun, stop sleep punching your girlfreind etc. go ahead and have a drink now and then. shiet, i would visit Christiania too if i were you. provided it hasnt changed too much (i heard it changed a lot).
                    Haha it has changed, but its still the same with weed, you can still buy it openly, and easy. I dont drink myself all hammered that often, mostly tipsy. I try to keep a clean and healthy diet in the week days.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendSlayer View Post
                      Worth also noting is Methyl Alcohol present in alcohol beverages, beers, and spirits. mostly spirits, but id argue your cheap beers like busch, bud light, all that bull****.... prolly loaded with methyl alcohol. tequila is. I'm telling you, the crap gives people dementia. stay away from it. methyl alcohol ****s you all up, it's horrible for the cns. liquor lobbyists pay health people to keep it under wraps, its sick.

wanna get high? wim hof breathing. eat cannibis (or smoke a tiny bit, but dont blunt down...) edibles.. do yoga. mushrooms in the morning maybe on hard training days.
                      Is there any alcohol you can drink yo avoid methyl?

Comment

Working...
                      X