Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training and drinkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodka is the best alcohol to avoid hangovers. A decent vodka like Ketel One or Tito's. Its also lowest in carbs and calories. Mix with seltzer water for low calorie mixer. I try to space my drinking out so no food is consumed 1-2hours before or after drinking if possible. The body gets real busy trying to process the alcohol and doesn't digest food well during drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
      Vodka is the best alcohol to avoid hangovers. A decent vodka like Ketel One or Tito's. Its also lowest in carbs and calories. Mix with seltzer water for low calorie mixer. I try to space my drinking out so no food is consumed 1-2hours before or after drinking if possible. The body gets real busy trying to process the alcohol and doesn't digest food well during drinking.
      Thanks brother, i dont like to get drunk that often, i get hangovers like hell and i dont like the feeling of losing the control, so i only get drunk on special occasions, or if i really feel like it. 9 outta 10 times i just get tipsy, drink alot of water and eat before bed. I will try to push my eating to 1-2 hours after my last drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        It's easy if you really want to be a fighter...……… Rockin'
        Of course, Rockin. If I didn't have a day job or was about to enter a competition, it'd be a whole different ball game. A lot more, such as your physical integrity, is riding on how you treat your body, right? However, when you're training 4-5 times a week for the fitness and enjoyment aspects of boxing - it's only natural to go out every so often.

What I meant is: For the amateur boxers when you do go out drinking, especially with non-boxing friends, it can be harder to stay in line. Most of my friends don't have to get up 7am five times a week, so it's about who you're rubbing shoulders with and what rubs off on you.

Comment

I agree, age and whether you intend to compete are the biggest factors of where you are right now, you're young & don't intend on competing. Drink if you want. If and when you decide to pursue a more seriousness with boxing, you'll naturally cut back.

I drink about once a week, wine mostly due to the lesser amount of carbs without hitting the hard liquor.

I definitely agree, while I don't think I consciously made the decision, thinking about it, I never drink before a training session hahahahaha! I guess we all subconsciously know better than to screw ourselves over like that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
            Isnt there a myth about drinking vodka to overcome a hangover?

Comment

There is no hangover from vodka unless it’s the cheap stuff. That’s my experience a retired professional drinker

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
                I agree, age and whether you intend to compete are the biggest factors of where you are right now, you're young & don't intend on competing. Drink if you want. If and when you decide to pursue a more seriousness with boxing, you'll naturally cut back.

I drink about once a week, wine mostly due to the lesser amount of carbs without hitting the hard liquor.

I definitely agree, while I don't think I consciously made the decision, thinking about it, I never drink before a training session hahahahaha! I guess we all subconsciously know better than to screw ourselves over like that lol.
                Preach

Comment

I drink a 6pack everyday . I use to box when I was teenage , of course didn’t drink back then.

I box train as hellava workout. I run about 16-17miles week throughout Monday - Friday to keep beer belly weight off and other box workouts.

Drinking protein shakes is a must for me

I put in extra work as I drink as alcohol calories is crazy

Comment

if you drink in moderation and infrequently then you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      I can't even party anymore. When I party I can't train for days.
                      hahaha, age catching up on you Red?

Comment

Working...
                      X