Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can training gloves be used for both Sparring AND Bag Work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question now is this:

IMF tech TRAINING gloves are not that great for sparring as opposed to other cheaper ringside gloves because they are hard(though theres plenty of padding). They are not all that great for bagwork as compared to the cheaper imf-tech BAG GLOVES because they are hard to take on and off. The fact that the glove lies somewhere in the middle and does not seem to specialize in any area leads me to beleive that it is MADE to do both sparring and bag work. Also, the owner of Ringside says in the catalog that its the glove that can do it all. It IS the signature Ringside glove, I'll assume it can take some punishment.

I also wonder about the whole concept of a "training glove" for ringside. If bag gloves are the best for bagwork and sparring gloves are the best for sparring, why waste time with a training glove if it does neither well?

Btw here are the gloves i own:

Pro-Mex training glove(coming in the mail: shouldnt have bought it as it seems too hard for sparring and id like to use the incredibly comfortable IMF's on the bag)

IMF tech training glove

KOFIGHTGEAR sparring gloveI like it but its small size regardless of its 16oz weight might scare ppl so i need a back up)

Everlast 14 oz leather training glovesthey were 1 step up from the crappy low grade blue ones, but the website calls them "aerobic" gloves contrary to the packaging. Hmm maybe thats why i sprained my wrist).

Comment

okay the IMF gloves might require a break in period. after a month or 2 of daily battering a bag even the hardest training gloves feel softer. I think that's also the case of the Windy Muay Thai gloves- they arrive in the mail very hard but started to soften up after like even one workout.

Maybe return the Pro T Mex gloves and give the IMFs another month. If they're still too hard after like another month; then decide what you want to use them for then & get another glove to fill in the gap.

Comment

i have the 16oz. imf tech training gloves too. i agree they are too hard to spar with. i've been using it for 6 rounds everyday on the 100lb heavybag for 2 weeks now, it's not all that softer.

i got the imf tech ringside training gloves when they were only $45. (it was 50% off around the first week of June 2006).

so what's a good sparring glove?
        anyone tried these?:

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25679

by the way, i make it easier to put the gloves on, i used scissors to cut off the elastic band. now the wrist support is gone, so i make my 180inch handwraps mostly focused on the wrists.
        Last edited by deh707; 07-18-2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X