Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can training gloves be used for both Sparring AND Bag Work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can training gloves be used for both Sparring AND Bag Work?

Is it recommended to use the same pair of gloves for bag work and sparring? I have heard that it was not, but with the high level gloves like IMF-tech that I have I am wondering if it would be ok.

the gloves will become more damaging to your opponent as the foam wears down with bag work.

Comment

according to ringside.com:

"Although a training glove can be used for bag work, it is highly recommended that a boxer NEVER use the same glove that he or she hits the bags with to spar with. A training glove that is used for sparring should be used exclusively for that purpose. Otherwise, it's kind of like wearing your dress shoes out to play in."

i currently have the imf tech ringside (training gloves). the outer surface doesnt seem safe enough for sparring, but i use it on the heavy bag.

i'm planning on getting the imf tech (bag gloves) for heavy bag.

for sparring i'm going to get another pair, can't decide yet.

Comment

I don't let my fighters use the same gloves.

Comment

punchdrunk,

who his takamura sparring with on your avatar? i forgot, was it sendo?

Comment

Never spar with gloves that you work the bag with!!!!! Thats the second, less known rule of fight club.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by deh707

i currently have the imf tech ringside (training gloves). the outer surface doesnt seem safe enough for sparring, but i use it on the heavy bag.

i'm planning on getting the imf tech (bag gloves) for heavy bag.

for sparring i'm going to get another pair, can't decide yet.
              I noticed that those ringsides are rock hard too, but their too good to not use on the bag, especially after my latest wrist injury.

I have some kofightgear gloves but theyre a little small, oh well. I think ill soften up the ringsides a bit then get some new bag gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by deh707
                punchdrunk,

who his takamura sparring with on your avatar? i forgot, was it sendo?
                Haha! I have no idea! I just took it off some link someone in here dropped. What's the name of the series, and do you have the link? I can't seem o find it anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler
                  Is it recommended to use the same pair of gloves for bag work and sparring? I have heard that it was not, but with the high level gloves like IMF-tech that I have I am wondering if it would be ok.
                  i have BBE 14oz sparring gloves and they always RIPP at the seams, when i hit the bag. they are so crap.

anyone recommend better gloves???

Comment

Originally posted by 2tough
                    i have BBE 14oz sparring gloves and they always RIPP at the seams, when i hit the bag. they are so crap.

anyone recommend better gloves???
                    Rival usually has some good gloves. Check them out.

Comment

Working...
                    X