No announcement yet.

Eating Subway post workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Subway post workout

It's low fat but has a ton of salt. Salt intake doesn't matter to me personally because I sweat so much and some days I train up to 3 times.

I think turkey breast is the best option. I always avoided fast food but now I have started eating the healthier options from places like Subway, I have noticed an increase in muscle mass.

I am bulking so this is why I've increased my fast food intake from virtually zero.

I weigh just over 60 kilograms. I am putting on the weight due to creatine as well and I can safely say I gained 4 lbs.

Due to my wrist injuries, I've just been in the gym this week.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on fast food when training in general? Obviously if I was fighting, I wouldn't touch any processed foods.

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
    It's low fat but has a ton of salt. Salt intake doesn't matter to me personally because I sweat so much and some days I train up to 3 times.

I think turkey breast is the best option. I always avoided fast food but now I have started eating the healthier options from places like Subway, I have noticed an increase in muscle mass.

I am bulking so this is why I've increased my fast food intake from virtually zero.

I weigh just over 60 kilograms. I am putting on the weight due to creatine as well and I can safely say I gained 4 lbs.

Due to my wrist injuries, I've just been in the gym this week.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on fast food when training in general? Obviously if I was fighting, I wouldn't touch any processed foods.
    If you're bulking I'd still try to stay away. It's more about the quality of the food you are eating. Everything from a fast food place has added sugar and salt (even including the bread and the condiments), in the food industry its known as "cravability" basically they try to make it more addictive.

Even just making the same exact sandwich at home will produce better nutrition results.

I haven't eaten fast food in years (other than maybe 5 guys, chipotle, and chik fil a once every 3 months or so). Otherwise I cook twice a day or meal prep.

It is good to eat after you work out though, particularly a fast absorption protein.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
      If you're bulking I'd still try to stay away. It's more about the quality of the food you are eating. Everything from a fast food place has added sugar and salt (even including the bread and the condiments), in the food industry its known as "cravability" basically they try to make it more addictive.

Even just making the same exact sandwich at home will produce better nutrition results.

I haven't eaten fast food in years (other than maybe 5 guys, chipotle, and chik fil a once every 3 months or so). Otherwise I cook twice a day or meal prep.

It is good to eat after you work out though, particularly a fast absorption protein.
      You have a point because there is a lot of added crap in subs. I'm probably better off eating a high protein meal deal sandwich off the supermarket shelf.

Comment

Bulking on fast food is a meme, don't do it. Eat healthy, get your carbs, protein, and good fats in, and lift weights.

Comment

You have a point because there is a lot of added crap in subs. I'm probably better off eating a high protein meal deal sandwich off the supermarket shelf.
          Make your own food and buy organic when possible. It's healthier if you can afford it.

A good post-workout meal could be something like 4 hard-boiled eggs with some broccoli or a high protein sandwich on wholemeal bread w/ a tonne of salad. Eat healthy foods. Read Men's Health for recipes if you need to - or just google some good post-workout meals online. There's plenty of free ingredients you can copy and adapt which are cheap. Cans of tuna and mackerel for example are low cost but great sources of protein. Easy to make too. Nuts, beans, peanut butter, whey protein ... If you're trying to bulk eat steak and healthy carbs like sweet potato, pasta, brown rice ... Don't be filling up on fast-food. You'll feel the difference at the end of the day.

So, above all, make your own food. Ready made meals are full of unhealthy ingredients and, long-term, it will affect your progress.

Best of luck!
          Last edited by Le_Grand; 03-06-2019, 02:35 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
            Make your own food and buy organic when possible. It's healthier if you can afford it.

A good post-workout meal could be something like 4 hard-boiled eggs with some broccoli or a high protein sandwich on wholemeal bread w/ a tonne of salad. Eat healthy foods. Read Men's Health for recipes if you need to - or just google some good post-workout meals online. There's plenty of free ingredients you can copy and adapt which are cheap. Cans of tuna and mackerel for example are low cost but great sources of protein. Easy to make too. Nuts, beans, peanut butter, whey protein ... If you're trying to bulk eat steak and healthy carbs like sweet potato, pasta, brown rice ... Don't be filling up on fast-food. You'll feel the difference at the end of the day.

So, above all, make your own food. Ready made meals are full of unhealthy ingredients and, long-term, it will affect your progress.

Best of luck!
            Don't worry, it's rare that I eat fast food. I just thought I'd try it for a change. I don't find it addictive but based on advice from others I'm just going to eat as I was before - mostly clean.

Tonight I'm having a veggie omelette and Uncle Ben's rice.

Comment

Stop avoiding fat, just make sure you chose the whole grain bread 'None of the white bread'

And also the salt is good for you post workout, it is only electrolytes which you lose through exercise. 'Order a bottle of mineral water with it aswell'.

So in my opinion the subway is fine, by FAR better than most other food joints.
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-06-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

It's garbage. Learn to make your own food and your exercise regime will be twice as productive.
                I don't understand how people bust their arses in the gym and then can't put in 10min work on the kitchen to make something quality that will do more to aid in recovery and progress in their diets.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  It's garbage. Learn to make your own food and your exercise regime will be twice as productive.
                  I don't understand how people bust their arses in the gym and then can't put in 10min work on the kitchen to make something quality that will do more to aid in recovery and pgrogress in their diets.
                  I couldn't make a sandwich, the house would probably set on fire 😂

Comment

I couldn't make a sandwich, the house would probably set on fire 😂
                    That mentality is holding you back. If you had an understanding what goes into your food you'd never even look at a Subway again.
                    I can literally go weeks, sometimes months, without working out and still be fit, with abs, because I pay attention to what I eat. I don't eat boring stuff either. I have great food.

"Work smarter, not harder."

Comment

Working...
                    X