Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What age did you start boxing and where are you now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
    I started at 17 and a half. I went to the boxing gym on and off until I took it more seriously a year later, at 18 and a half. I'm 19 in a couple of months.

I was too busy playing football (soccer), tennis and squash so I never really discovered boxing... lol.

What about you?
    Took up boxing roughly seven months ago in July 2018. I'm 30 in March and had always played sports (rugby and soccer) but gained around 20 kilos in a short space of time. I move from country to country pretty often and this time I ended up ballooning to 115kgs - an all time high for me. So boxing started off as a weight loss exercise but has quickly become the favourite part of my routine. I'm down to 103kgs and boxing four times a week and should have my first amateur fight in May/June over here in Brazil. Started late but plan on having as much fun with it as I can. Best of luck to everyone in the thread!

Comment

I played sports in middle and high school at a pretty high level. Basketball, tennis, competition weightlifting and wrestled. Always wanted to box, but aunt that I lived with til 17 wouldn't let me (also wouldn't let me play football). Played sports for a semester at D3 college, but quit after that. Got into BJJ around 19-21, never did any striking.

Past few years my love of mma and boxing have grown, and was dealing with some hardship with family stuff (the great aunt I lived had a sudden onset of bad dementia and I am her primary care giver). This helped motivate me to seek out some alternative stress relief besides just going to the gym. I also didn't want to wake up one day thinking "what if", since I never really gave boxing a try.

Started officially boxing mid Feb of last year at the age of 27. Fell in love with it. Had a couple exhibitions which I won, and started competing a few weeks ago. 2-0 in exhibition and 1-1 in official amateur competition and my year anniversary is coming up in about a week. I'm 28 now.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Taha to get in this thread

Comment

Started at 15 and trained until 18, walked away for a few years, restarted again at 23

Comment

I was a late starter at 19, i'm now 32 and still doing it.

Comment

I started at 14...…..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
                My trainer is optimistic he can find me an opponent. I train in San Diego. A lot of Mexicans live here. They love boxing and baseball as I do. I play in a very competitive wood bat 45 and over baseball league which offers A and AA divisions as well.
                Hell yea man. I was out of baseball for 13 years and didn't even play in high school. Joined up and literally it was the first time swinging at a hardball in 13 years. This was a 25+ league though. Some of those dudes were ex-college and minor league players throwing 80 MPH split finger fast balls. It was fun as hell though.

Stealing bases is flat out my favorite part of the game.

Comment

21. I was always a student of the game so it didn't take too long to get decent. First fight was '06.

Comment

I started with boxing at 16 and still going. Always trained boxing besides How Chuen Monkey Kungfu and Tai Chi Chuan every now and then fitness

Comment

Working...
                    X