Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What age did you start boxing and where are you now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What age did you start boxing and where are you now?

I started at 17 and a half. I went to the boxing gym on and off until I took it more seriously a year later, at 18 and a half. I'm 19 in a couple of months.

I was too busy playing football (soccer), tennis and squash so I never really discovered boxing... lol.

What about you?

I started at 55 years old. I plan on fighting in the Masters Division this Spring at 58.

Comment

I started at 22, now still going at 34

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
        I started at 55 years old. I plan on fighting in the Masters Division this Spring at 58.
        Out of all the amateur shows Ive been too Ive seen a placing for Masters but never seen anyone matched. Good luck to you though!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Out of all the amateur shows Ive been too Ive seen a placing for Masters but never seen anyone matched. Good luck to you though!
          Took them decades to get Masters in amateur wrestling

Comment

I started at 17 and did collegiate until age 21. Didn't even stay in very good shape after from age 22-40. 47 now, and been doing various forms of workouts since the age of 40. I spar now and then, about once per month at most. Not really looking for real fights at this point. I just do boxing workouts to stay in shape. Head shots that I used to walk through will now wobble my legs and I can't see shots coming as well. I got a cracked rib last summer sparring a younger, heavier guy and had to take a good 6 weeks to recover. Its very difficult to find anyone my age that weighs 140lbs who wants to spar. I love it though, and I think boxing is a great way to stay sharp as you age

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              My trainer is optimistic he can find me an opponent. I train in San Diego. A lot of Mexicans live here. They love boxing and baseball as I do. I play in a very competitive wood bat 45 and over baseball league which offers A and AA divisions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                I started at 17 and did collegiate until age 21. Didn't even stay in very good shape after from age 22-40. 47 now, and been doing various forms of workouts since the age of 40. I spar now and then, about once per month at most. Not really looking for real fights at this point. I just do boxing workouts to stay in shape. Head shots that I used to walk through will now wobble my legs and I can't see shots coming as well. I got a cracked rib last summer sparring a younger, heavier guy and had to take a good 6 weeks to recover. Its very difficult to find anyone my age that weighs 140lbs who wants to spar. I love it though, and I think boxing is a great way to stay sharp as you age
                How tall are you at 140, I am 5'6" and only realistically can fight Welter Weight below 165 lbs. Sparred for the first time this year in the ring against the young guys. Did quite well against about 4 of them but one had my number. Kept hitting me with a looping right over my jab. He rocked me a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
                  How tall are you at 140, I am 5'6" and only realistically can fight Welter Weight below 165 lbs. Sparred for the first time this year in the ring against the young guys. Did quite well against about 4 of them but one had my number. Kept hitting me with a looping right over my jab. He rocked me a couple of times.
                  5’10” I’ve spent about 3 years now doing intermittent fasting, eating healthy and lost about 20lbs. Same weight now as when I was 18. I’m pretty satisfied with light sparring just for the work out. Boxing just to stay in shape. Older now and it’s weird but I don’t like the idea of hurting (especially) a younger dude or knocking them down. I can’t go for breaking anyone’s spirit, and that’s really what you need to do to be competitive. I think it’s because I have a 15 year old son

Comment

Started around 2013 and just been doing a whole tonne of sparring lol

Comment

Working...
                    X