No announcement yet.

I recommend a scale that shows BMI, body fat, etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I keep reading they go bad quick and are usually inaccurate.
    Agreed. You have to develop an unbiased eye for your own physique. Looking at yourself in the mirror will give your a better representation of where you are than on any type of scale.
    That being said your weight and look can change dramatically throughout a day. That’s why first thing in the morning is usually the most stable and reliable time. Course your intake of water and carbs can directly affect that.
    I don’t advise anyone to make assumptions on day to day weights. It’s also known bmi scales aren’t very accurate for physically fit or muscular athletes. Yes I can get that despite that they can maybe be relative to your improvements but not so much day to days as month to month.
    There’s a reason why competitive bodybuilding, fitness, or stage athletes don’t post these numbers from bmi scales. Dexi scan results have also proven to be more inconclusive and unreliable than a mode of encouragement. They are just inconsistent and unreliable at this point.
    Have faith that you recognize your physique and it’s improvements as well as set backs more than anyone. Do your poses in the mirror every day. When you are improving, that’s where you will see it and be motivated.
    One day you may look at yourself and feel great about it, the next day you may thing you look horrendous and not understand why.
    There’s no conspiracy. Only you know if your are doing the work and improving your diet. If you are then have faith in the long game.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

Agreed. You have to develop an unbiased eye for your own physique. Looking at yourself in the mirror will give your a better representation of where you are than on any type of scale.

Exactly this.

Comment

I use a mirror.
        Blond Beast Blond Beast likes this.

Comment

I guess my weight every time before I get on a scale. My scale goes to half pounds. If my guess is off by more than a pound then I consider that a fail. Often I get it right smack on the dot. Sometimes I can be off by maybe 2lbs. I don’t weigh myself every day. I know what my weight feels like on my feet.
          If getting on a scale every day is something you believe is helping you trend in the direction you want then by all means stick with it. Course you will notice all sorts of small ups and downs. Carbs cause water retention, other things cause dehydration,
          Truth is if you are training, dieting, lifting, then you are probably analyzing your physique all the time with your own eyes. Trust your own eyes. You know the work you did or didn’t put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            I guess my weight every time before I get on a scale. My scale goes to half pounds. If my guess is off by more than a pound then I consider that a fail. Often I get it right smack on the dot. Sometimes I can be off by maybe 2lbs. I don’t weigh myself every day. I know what my weight feels like on my feet.
            If getting on a scale every day is something you believe is helping you trend in the direction you want then by all means stick with it. Course you will notice all sorts of small ups and downs. Carbs cause water retention, other things cause dehydration,
            Truth is if you are training, dieting, lifting, then you are probably analyzing your physique all the time with your own eyes. Trust your own eyes. You know the work you did or didn’t put in.
            Beast makes some points here

Comment

Working...
            X